Headset with Mic for gaming/Teamspeak use

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Hello People,
I had a search and the last thread on this topic was a year old so I thought I would ask if there is a new 'dogs danglies' in this area, or is it pretty much still the same. Labtec, Sennheiser,Plantronics etc, the other thing I would like to know is this how do the USB ones work out ?
I need some new ones and would like any reccomendations or warnings off, all advice highly appreciated

Later

Gengee

Clown

Part of the furniture
My USB one is good. I sound clear and people sound clear to me.
How many monies do you have?

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Sennheiser 150s are good too, I've had mine a year almost and I haven't broken them yet which is good considering I drop them nearly every day and roll my chair over them occasionally. Don't see the point in getting a USB headset unless you have no soundcard at all, can't really see any advantages with them.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cask said:
Sennheiser 150s are good too, I've had mine a year almost and I haven't broken them yet which is good considering I drop them nearly every day and roll my chair over them occasionally. Don't see the point in getting a USB headset unless you have no soundcard at all, can't really see any advantages with them.

seconded.... I used to have a USB set which worked well, but you get no benefit if you have a decent soundcard and want to watch films or listen to music.

My kid DID manage to break my sennheisers recently, but if I had enough money right now I'd go straight out for another set... well worth the money!

Embattle

FH is my second home
Sockstuff said:
I've got a set of Speedlink Medusa's.

http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=pri&page=title&r=ELEC&title=172076

They sound good and the 5.1age is a nice gimmick, but they don't really replace a true 5.1 setup. I've been impressed with games through them though.

Not sure what the mic is like. Gale: do i sound clear on BF2 (when i don't have a stonking cold)?

Yes.....when you don't chew it, plus like you I have a sodding cold at the moment. I have a Plantronic HS but while they are good they tend to break a lot.

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
Senn pc150's all the way. once you've gone senn theres no going back.

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the replies people,

Looks like the Sennheiser 150's then.

Must go shopping now :)

Later

Gengee

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
seconded.... I used to have a USB set which worked well, but you get no benefit if you have a decent soundcard and want to watch films or listen to music.

My kid DID manage to break my sennheisers recently, but if I had enough money right now I'd go straight out for another set... well worth the money!

Funnily enough thats why I need new ones, I had a pair of Senn 120's, I think, which were broken, I bought a new random set in PCworld came to work and was told he had managed to wrap the cable around the chair base and cut it clean. So I will order them just before I come home hopefully to have them sometime in the first week.

12 year olds are brilliant at inadvertent destruction :)

Later

Gengee

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom