Help Headphones!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Birthday coming up.
It has been demanded of me that I find something I want that I have no intention of buying myself.
I have decided I neither want to buy myself the new nexus or a pair of headphones... I have no idea what to look for in headphones..

£150-£200
Sennheiser, Bose, Sony etc..
Ability to take calls etc is a nicety

Anyone got any ideas? It's going to be jacked into my Xperia Z about 15-20 hours a week, always on trains and then probably into my laptop - So whatever is best.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you want to be able to stuff them deep, deep, deep in your ear canal or do you want them to be all like IMMAHIPSTERDOUCHEBAG and have massive circumaural (no Wij, aural not oral) ones? Also...what musics do you listen to? Eg a mate tells me my Grados are shit because they don't go down to 3Hz and he therefor can not experience his Pitbul or Miley Cyrus tracks the way he wants to when using them.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Can't go wrong with Sennheiser

Overdriven

Any models in particular?

Also going for the hipster look.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Being Sony, don't they fall apart when observed?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Being Sony, don't they fall apart when observed?

I'm on my second pair (in ten years of use). The first pair died last year, one side stopped working out of the blue, no idea why. They have seen some serious abuse, the rubbery stuff will flake off the earpads after a few years but they're otherwise very tough. The cables are very strong.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Cables are usually where most products fail. Bending and twisting the cords, esp in the part that connects to the headset.

Overdriven

Cables are usually where most products fail. Bending and twisting the cords, esp in the part that connects to the headset.

I see a lot now have replaceable parts, which is nice - Pisses me off the most when that happens though/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom