Headphones

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Any recommendations? After a decent set that include a microphone. After a couple hour warhammer session its come to light just how truly uncomfortable my current pair are.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
5.1 headphone hijack!! any good ones!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
All I would say on this subject is that I have had a couple of pairs of very good but expensive sennheisers for my pc including gaming and have always found that the connections die far earlier than you would expect - definite money sink.

I picked up a fairly comfy pair a few months ago for about £15 only... well worth it until manufacturers stop making the perishables :(

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have to say my existing pair are Sennheiser. Given that last night was not exactly an intensive session, they were really poor. Granted they're not top of the range or anything but I'd expected far better considering this was the first proper use I'd made of them (if you can call talking to Jup proper use ;)).

I have been looking at the Fatal1ty from Creative. Detachable microphone seems quite spinky and they appear to be normal headphones rather than rather expensive "USB take all your stuffs with you, OMG L33T" ones which is mostly what I'm turning up :(

Further suggestions welcome as I'll be picking this up to go with Warhammer itself which won't be till either the end of this month or next month.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
What I would like, if anyone does them, is a wireless pair including mic...

TdC

there are BT ones, but the price is stupid./

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
Got a pair of these myself Sennheiser PC-350

They are about £90 though, but do have excellent sound with a very good mic. They unfortunately do have that horrible plastic/fake leather material for the earpieces which means you can get a little hot after long gaming sessions.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
You going senile? SAME LINK, SAME LINK!!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!! :p

Heh - I thought your previous post had to be for a different model with that much price difference :p

Gonna buy a pair of them and see :)

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Can't recommend the Speedlink Medusa 5.1s enough. Cabled, but decent heavy duty headset that I've been using for the last year and a half - awesome sound quality, decent microphone :)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well I ordered some of those Creative ones... the ace thing is being wireless I can keep them on and have peeps listen to my piddling over teamspeak :D

Yaka

Part of the furniture
why not just get a decentish table mike and pair your sennss hadcans with a cmoy amp?

TdC

why not just get a decentish table mike and pair your sennss hadcans with a cmoy amp?

I was thinking about that Yaks, as I own a pair of Grado SR80's and a nice headphone amp. Still, for the life of me I can't work out a good one, and while playing I certainly wno't have time to hold a mic or reposition it :/

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've had a couple of pairs of Sennheisers and I thought they were massively overrated tbh. Very disappointing. I've been using Logitech Clearchat USB for a while now, and they're absolutely fine. May switch to the wireless version soon (except I'm really bad at remembering to dock my mouse, so God knows what I'd be like with headphones).

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I bought these when they were on offer at OCUK and they have been fantastic and are comfy, I think you can pick them up quite cheap with a bit of searching.

This week only deal at Overclockers £21.14 Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset (51MZ0310AA001)

If the headphones are anything like the Fatal1ty mouse then they will be shite, but of course its a totally different thing but......you know......if they weren't called Fatal1ty they would be a fiver...well.......thats how much the mouse should of been........OOOOH A BUTTERFLY!

*chases*

Starman

Part of the furniture
I know what you mean Term and I wouldn't pay the stupid £30 odd pound Play want atm but the £18 I did pay they are good enought. I personally don't do all this "Pro" gamer bull crap anyway.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Not carved in stone because I haven't looked for it yet and I am quite sure I lost some weights/threw them at Samm but if anyone wants the Fatal1ty mouse for 0 English pounds then PM me your address and I will search for it, would love to hear someone elses opinion on it.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fuckers cancelled my order as it's out of stock... muppets.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
I was thinking about that Yaks, as I own a pair of Grado SR80's and a nice headphone amp. Still, for the life of me I can't work out a good one, and while playing I certainly wno't have time to hold a mic or reposition it :/

holy *****laps, i have the SR80 with cmoy as well. tho atm i dont game much with pc but i use that combo with this Amazon.com: Olympus ME-15 Microphone: Electronics

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fuckers cancelled my order as it's out of stock... muppets.
Where did you order from cos my £40 link is now £147.99 :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom