Headphones for gaming

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Hi all

I'm after a pair of headphones. I want to use them for horror games primarily - Resident Evil Village for starters. My play space is quiet if that makes a difference in terms of over/on ear.

Budget is around £100 but i dont want to spend more than i have to. So dont feel the need to spend my entire budget :p At the same time i'm happy to spend what is needed to avoid getting something half-assed. Contraditions much?

Someone has offered to give me these but no idea if they'd be suitable for my desired use - Audio-Technica ATH-M20X -
View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HVLUR18/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers-ears

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have these

You can turn the lights off.

Very light for cordless headphones, very comfortable. The auto-fit function/design is excellent
Battery life is good, I can get an evening out of them on load, and you can also use them plugged in while they charge.
Sound quality is excellent, music, films and gaming.

Big thing that irritates me though, I have Razer Nommo speakers too and it's a pain to switch between the two, having to do it via speaker system tray. On my previous steelseries headphones they would switch automatically when I turned my speakers off.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Hi all

I'm after a pair of headphones. I want to use them for horror games primarily - Resident Evil Village for starters. My play space is quiet if that makes a difference in terms of over/on ear.

Budget is around £100 but i dont want to spend more than i have to. So dont feel the need to spend my entire budget :p At the same time i'm happy to spend what is needed to avoid getting something half-assed. Contraditions much?

Someone has offered to give me these but no idea if they'd be suitable for my desired use - Audio-Technica ATH-M20X -
View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HVLUR18/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers-ears

I have the cheapest Razer headphones, and I love them.

I wear them all day for work with no issues around comfort, and the sound is perfectly fine.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have the Sennheiser HD 599 SE (Amazon-only edition of the 599s) - they're about £150 but are regularly on promo under a ton (I've seen them as low as £80). Fantastic headphones, great for everything I've used them for.

Sidenote, I'm impressed with how far virtual surround solutions have come on since I last used headphones on a PC - Windows Sonic for Headphones seems to work remarkably well.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I have been using a Hyperx cloud II gaming headset for the last few years, very happy with it. I use them for travel too, great on planes and buses.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.

Personally, I have the Game One (open back). 4 years in, the auto-mute function of the microphone arm (when you raise it, it mutes) no longer works, but other than that, I can't fault them.

Microphone is excellent, you can get spare cables and ear cups (which I did).

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I got a corsair void rgb or something or other. About 80 quid when i got them. They do the job

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Do you need gaming headphones ( with mic? ) or just headphones?

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Thanks for the suggestions all. I'll take a look at them. Shame i didnt setup a poll- would have had one vote for each headset :p

Do you need gaming headphones ( with mic? ) or just headphones?

@ECA If it has a mic then that's cool but i'm not purpusefully after one with one.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I bought quite a cheap pair recently (I say cheap, cheap in comparison to my last ones), I used to have some £200+ Sennheiser ones but these ones aren't 'much' worse than the Sennheisers were tbh.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcyy5j-nYYc

They were like £60 or £70 I think, been using them for about 3 weeks now, not a single complaint, wireless battery life is about 15-17 hours too (can confirm the battery life too, had a 15-hour gaming session the other day) range of the wireless is impressive too, gave them to my wife when she went out for a cigarette, she walked about 20-25 feet away and said the quality didn't drop at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom