HDD unreadable

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Hey techies!

My roomie bought a NAS and we decided to stuff our large HDDS into it but that requires a fair amount of swapping content. However my main HDD wont let me read them on my newly installed version of Win7 and i come here to ask your help!

Is there any kind of program i can use to read the disks. I can see them in list but not open them :(

Thanks!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
the problem isnt with the NAS its with my stationary where the hdd is. Used to be Vista but couldnt boot from it last week, so i threw win7 on it instead and somehow the files are corrupt. No problem with his HDD but 1 of mine wont get read, the one that used to have a partition for Vista, so i hope to find a program that will help me read it

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
If the hard drive itself is still able to be recognised in Windows then you have a chance to recover the data. It doesn't matter if the data is apparently gone, as long as the hard drive shows up in Disk Management.
Start > Run > compmgmt.msc /s
Click on "Disk Management" and look to the right to see if the drive shows up as a disk.

There's a program called GetDataBack which has FAT and NTFS versions.
Data Recovery Software Products - Runtime Software Products

The trial version allows you scan drives and lets you know what *can* be recovered. The full version allows you to actually recover the files onto another disc.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
so the problem disk is your os drive?

still use the live cd option you might be able to transfer stuff on to a usb stick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom