Hax Attemps :(

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Right Someone is really trying to hack into MY pc!!

ZA is throwing up an alarm saying it has blocked and IP every 10minutes or so!

I have run a virus check with up to date virus definitions and nothing

Here is the error!

The firewall has blocked internet access to your computer (HTTP) from halls-x.derby.ac.uk (IP Addy) (TCP Port ) (TCP Flag 5)

I am papping my pants man. So low life bum at Derby uni is trying to get to my horse pr0n ermmm.... files :(

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Thats a uni addy... :p

Well, you can always email them with the hostmask and ask them to check it, include screenshots and logs. :)

Athan

Resident Freddy
As I've said on IRC this is quite likely just due to some Peer-to-Peer application attempting downloads from you. You're on a dynamic IP and someone who had it before and recently may have been running such a P2P app.

It's hard to tell for sure without more details. The log messages seems to only be quoting the FROM host, ip and port, not the port the attempt was *TO* on your machine. Without that info it's impossible to tell what the 'attempt' was actually attempting.

-Ath

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
its prolly just some cretin with a port scanner...

these things used to really intrest me... then i got bored...

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
I average one access attempt every 2-3 minutes, think yourself lucky. :p

TheJkWhoSaysNi

One of Freddy's beloved
I had a similar problem, After hosting a Jedi Academy server for a few hours I was getting hundreds of requests. I guess my server was still on the list or something,

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Its not uncommon for zonealarm to scare the crap out of people...if you are really vindictive, you could do what sharma suggested and let system admin at derbs.ac.uk get medieval on the spotty goit.

Of course the "spotty goit" may have a trojan on his/her's pc and know nothing about the hack :eek6:

Just turn off the alerts & sleep easy ;)

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
i always run emule (p2p)

once i got 25k block in one evening
and 250k in 2 days :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom