Have the pigs won?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I have to. And i honestly think you are overreacting

My grandad is one, has been all my life. His last drink was the January before i was born. Thats now 28 years ago. I saw him last October and even now i saw hoe he looked at the pint i was holding.

That is completely different to just having fun as a student

The key mistake i notice most people make (not just here but in life) is mistaking the whole "oh i've had a shit day i could do with a drink" thats not a problem, its when that thought occupies your head more than any other. I know this cause ive had a drug problem and i know the difference first hand as well as second hand

megadave

I am a FH squatter
You havent lived until you drink on your own at home imo :D

Dont do it often (i live with other people, they're usually here and will also drink) but if im alone i'll still drink and i'll have a laugh. It's good to be able to enjoy yourself while on your own.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i sometimes enjoy myself 3 times a night when im on my own

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I usually drink at home, on my own every other Thursday tbh (that's my beer&pizza night) I do it for a number of reasons...none of them sinister:

1) I finish work at 17:00 on week 1 rota that is my last working day till the next monday afternoon so kind of a celebration.
2) beer & pizza ... need I say more? Goes together like bacon and lions imo.
3) B2 doesn't finish work till 18:00 and never gets back before 18:30, more like 19:00 tbh by then I'm too famished to wait and if I do it may involve me having to share *shudder* my pizza, whereas if I choke it down before he gets home I get the lot (Muwahaha)
4) Also I am usually in bed by 21:00 and if I drink too late I'm up piddling half the night.

...yay me, woo, I'm a party girl... I'm a raving alcomoholic, call the AA, somebody stop me before I do something really wild like get so drunk I go to bed with my slippers still on Oo

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
All I'm going to say is, I actually agree with Bugz. For me, drinking is a completely social thing, it HAS to be with people in a pub/bar or something, else I really don't see the point. I guess I still like human interaction rather than the net.

EDIT: I need to elaborate, I do drink at HOME sometimes, but it's also with other people. Only time I've ever drunk alone/before 10am was when I feeling like shit about 2 years ago... I do find it weird that I find it acceptable after 1pm though, two hour gap is a bit.. Odd.

It all depends on how much you are drinking. I sometimes enjoy the odd beer, glass of wine or whiskey or two sat in front of the PC after work. Getting shit faced on your own though is rather worrying though.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
It all depends on how much you are drinking. I sometimes enjoy the odd beer, glass of wine or whiskey or two sat in front of the PC after work. Getting shit faced on your own though is rather worrying though.

which is the very common misconception. Its not the amount at all, its the feeling of having to have just one drop to get through the day

This whole thread sums up that most of you dont actually know what alcoholism is about

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
BTW like i said before im an addict myself, not booze but drugs, more importantly Ketamine

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Drinking at home and smashed at 11am? Fair play chap!

I blame us FH'rs, else he'd have no-one to have a 'conversation' with whilst drinking. :cheers:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
which is the very common misconception. Its not the amount at all, its the feeling of having to have just one drop to get through the day

This whole thread sums up that most of you dont actually know what alcoholism is about

First let me say, don't take this following as a "you're wrong moron!" post, like often posts are. Just an answer/view;

Dad alcoholic, serious case, since i was 5 or even less. I have a hands on experience of it. It still doesn't change my opinion. If alcohol effects your life, your relationship, your ability to work or function, if it's constant...then you have a problem.

If you go out once twice a week to get hammered, you're drinking a lot, sure, but it doesn't make it a problem.

This discussion also shows that some people over-exaggarate alcoholism, much like some blow depression out of proportions.

You're not an alcoholic, you like beer.
You're not depressed, you're pissed off.

Those two lines should be considered many a times before wagging that finger about :p

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I enjoy a beer or 10 when I've finished work for the week. If there's company, great. If not, thats fine too. Messing about with some music or playing games or watching a movie or such with She Who Must Be Adored, I enjoy the reward for working my nads off all week.

Its *even* better when I get to pop onto FH and drunkenly abuse Papa Cho. That is after all what he is here for :D

The day before I go back to work and on the days I'm working, zero alcofrolic, as my job takes too much focus for me to feel like crap on 11 hour shifts.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
My point exactly toh

Its not about how much you drink its about how it effect day to day life

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

I do and you are right, drinking as such isn't bad but it depends on what context you are drinking in. Certain forms of drinking are more likely to lead you down the path of alcoholism but let us not overlook the facts of genetics as well, some people become more easily addicted than others.

As I said in my original post, nothing wrong with getting blitzed at 10am and as long as it isn't a regular thing then go for it and enjoy yourself. Of course if there is more to it than that and you end up drinking on a regular basis to wash away the blues then trust me put the bottle down and find a good friend to talk to.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Why would you get drunk at home on your own?

Because he wants to ?

Hell, if you want to walk round your house in your wife's bra with the toilet brush up your arse covered in marmite listening to the Crazy Frog, whats the problem?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Crazy frog is just plain wrong.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Yeah dont even joke about that shit. Seriously

fucking frog

Olgaline

FH is my second home
So tonight,
I'm up alone, I have poured a glas of Noval 1995 Colheita and listening to the likes of
This

now,
strictly speaking I am drinking alone, but it's one glas, and I'm far from drunk...not even remotely close, nor will I be...

Am I enjoying it ?
Hell! yeah ;)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I had this discussion on the train last week tbh. With a friend of my generation. I pointed out that when I do go out it's rare that I get to speak to any body. Not that I am antisocial - pointing out that if that is the way it is going to be, then fuck it, I am being ripped off for just conforming to 'a social norm'. He agreed with me and pointed out that actually as we get older, it is more the 'norm' to stay in because to state the obvious 'kids, responsibilities, mortgage, finance etc' - not that I wasn't already aware of this. Doesn't mean you have to 'go' out and make yourself broke for a social norm. And what happened to staying in is the new going out?

In the next two months I am gonna buy a brew kit and have a stab at making my own. I expect the first few tries will be almost a waste of money due to getting the technique etc right and prolly being overzealous. But if i can get it right then screw it I will be staying in more :p

Will try beer first (prolly a porter) and then move on up towards the harder stuff if my enthusiasm takes me :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Its not about how much you drink its about how it effect day to day life

yeah tbh, one coffee and I have to stay near the toilet tbh because it goes right through me. It can put a whole day on hold and make me a slave to my habit...

I should go to coffee anonymous but I can't find the names of any group leaders :(

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I sometimes take a drink when faced with situations where i need to calm down a bit and not stress. Also i can take a drink on any day just to let my worries disappear and relax a bit.

Rejecta

Fledgling Freddie
I've been battered on my own @ home b4 and I'm nowhere near an alcoholic. As in I probably drink once a month if that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom