Have any Mentalists....

S

Solarius

Used the RA 'Sever the tether' on necros? What was the result?

S

Solarius

Originally posted by Danyan
Necros are immune to sever the tether.

Hmm, why is that? afaik they are just another pet class? Whats next, cabbie pets being removed from the target list? (after all, since necro pets and theurg pets are already immune....)

Thanks for the answer Danyan!

C

~Clarky~

Necro's + pet = 1 Person

Cabalist/chanter etc + pet = 2

StH would completely annhilate necro's in RvR .

O

old.Thalion

I know a menta who has it .... won't mention name tho :)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by _abraxis_
Necro's + pet = 1 Person

that would be nice :)

S

Solarius

Originally posted by _abraxis_
Necro's + pet = 1 Person

Depends on the way it was implemented. Since a necro is in 'shade mode' so long as the pet is alive, a useful implementation of StT against necros would be to remove the pet from the necros control, and making it attempt to attack the necro, BUT keep the necro in shade mode, thus meaning s/he is not likely to be killed by his pet. This would then effectivly just render the necro unable to do anything until the pet dies, s/he logs et al. Also, since the pet is not under the contol of the necro, making it run through an aggro camp to kill it off would not 1) make the necro come out of shade mode with <5% hp (like when the controlled pet died) and 2) cause aggro to be transferred to the necro once the pet is killed (the latter is easily done, since the same thing happens to animist bombers, the former should be relativly easy to do also, I think!)

Sound fair? - don't forget, this RA is on a timer, so this would not completely render Necros usless RvR, but only when a ment with StT primed.

A

Amadon

it would be worse than see hidden is to archers imo

necro's are getting their nerfing (and badly) when we get 1.60

stop crying about them, chanters can still take them out pretty easily with similar LOS abuse

U

uncle_sal

Originally posted by Amadon

necro's are getting their nerfing (and badly) when we get 1.60

stop crying about them, chanters can still take them out pretty easily with similar LOS abuse

Har har... ive listened to crying about chanters since patch dunno what it was... so if i feel like crying about necros...
razz.gif

S

Solarius

Originally posted by Amadon

In what way, exactly?

See Hidden is a passive RA, so it's always on. Thats the biggest grief Archers have about it (if it was more like TS it would be more balanced.)

StT is an active RA on a 15 minute timer.

Besides, the nerf in 1.60 will only affect LOS, there are still lots of things about Necros that make them a good class to play - uninteruptable HoT on pet, uninteruptable lifetap/powertap. I don't think that they will become as gimped as many people are trying to imply, imo.

M

Motowntheta

Please don't anyone buy STT I've just got my pets into RvR range and I don't want them to be unreliable :)

N

Nemue

Originally posted by Solarius
In what way, exactly?

See Hidden is a passive RA, so it's always on. Thats the biggest grief Archers have about it (if it was more like TS it would be more balanced.)

Besides, the nerf in 1.60 will only affect LOS, there are still lots of things about Necros that make them a good class to play - uninteruptable HoT on pet, uninteruptable lifetap/powertap. I don't think that they will become as gimped as many people are trying to imply, imo.

StT is effective against all pet-classes in the game, save the necro, the mere thought that u want it to effect necro's is just plain retarded. You want a bugged RA that's usable every 3 seconds to instakill all necro-pets in a 1000loc radius, and in doing that, if we follow the current rules all the necros in that radius would pop out of shade-mode with 5% health left.

I could add some finishing-comments here about ur average iq, but i'll leave it to the others to figure it out by themselves.

S

Solarius

Originally posted by Nemue
StT is effective against all pet-classes in the game, save the necro, the mere thought that u want it to effect necro's is just plain retarded. You want a bugged RA that's usable every 3 seconds to instakill all necro-pets in a 1000loc radius, and in doing that, if we follow the current rules all the necros in that radius would pop out of shade-mode with 5% health left.

I could add some finishing-comments here about ur average iq, but i'll leave it to the others to figure it out by themselves.

Try reading my posts before you start slinging insults Nimue (or should that be nimrod?) - You might have noticed that I've taken the effect of necro losing pets to pet death and suggested that it work differently.

As for it being a bugged RA, well thats Mythics fault, isn't it? If it worked correctly, it would be 15min timer.

A

Amadon

In what way, exactly?

in that it would entirely negate them, whereas TS only negates archers' stealth (and thus pretty much their solo-ing ability)

being able to utterly negate any class (not just reduce effectiveness), every 15 minutes would be, in my opinion, incredibly overpowered

um.. the LoS fix effect is pretty bad, the checks don't seem to be consistent and seem to be very prone to changes in terrain, also both pet and owner have to have LoS, which can make things pretty difficult if the owner isn't always right next to his pet. the nerf bat hits them pretty hard there, but i guess that's the price they pay for having the fun they do now :p

D

Danya

I agree with Amadon. Think how you'd feel if they gave someone an RA which made casters unable to cast any spells at all and unable to engage in melee combat. All you could do is run. That's what you're asking for if they made necro pets vulnerable to STT. Basically STT on necros would be insta AE necro-kill.

BTW theurg pets are not immune. The ONLY pet that is immune is necro. However minstrels will probably not notice you severing their pet as the next pulse will recharm it. It's still effective on Hunters, SMs, Cabbies, Sorcs, and Theurgists though.

N

Nemue

Try reading my posts before you start slinging insults Nimue (or should that be nimrod?) - You might have noticed that I've taken the effect of necro losing pets to pet death and suggested that it work differently.

As for it being a bugged RA, well thats Mythics fault, isn't it? If it worked correctly, it would be 15min timer.

I did read ur suggestions, and to me they sound more like displeasure for not being able to own necro's with a RA every 3 seconds.

Unlike other pet-classes the necro is all about the pet, the necro works differently that other pet-classes and for the necro to be a viable class they don't need a 1000loc radius RA to negate the whole class every 3 seconds.

it is not going to change, to be perfectly honest i don't know why i wasted my time to argue the point, ur views are childish.

D

Danya

BTW, STT timer is fixed in 1.59, so it's every 15 minutes not 3 seconds. :p

S

Solarius

Umm, I don't even HAVE a ment with this RA Have a ment, but he's lvl 9 :p

I can see the points being made, I agree that RA's shouldn't be able to completly render a player usless. My points WERE only suggestions, I don't know why you seem to be so insulted by them Nimue. You seem to be taking it all very personally.

Well, I guess the original question was answered, I was only wondering about what StT would do currently.

Users who are viewing this thread