has music evolved for the worst?

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I listen to pretty much all genres except folkmusic and classic...

alsong as its good I don't really care what genre it belongs to

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I listen to pretty much all genres except folkmusic and classic...

Some classical music is pretty good tbh. Alot of DJs (Atleast, ones I listen to) use it in alot of their tracks, then there's the realllyy aggro classic music which is really good :D

Folk music is great :( Is about how people like Bugz mate with their own family. :D

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Yet another emo thread hits FH :(

m9at1u.gif

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I go every year, it does indeed rock.

It's smaller than your average festival I have to admit but:

• It doesn't smell
  • There's no wankers
  • The musics good (not just country/folk/western)
  • It's a bit cheaper
  • Near enough no litter
  • It's also full of incredibly attractive girls :D

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I go every year, it does indeed rock.

It's smaller than your average festival I have to admit but:

• It doesn't smell
  • There's no wankers
  • The musics good (not just country/folk/western)
  • It's a bit cheaper
  • Near enough no litter
  • It's also full of incredibly attractive girls :D

Meh is going next year then for the sexxor of those ladies then :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Some classical music is pretty good tbh. Alot of DJs (Atleast, ones I listen to) use it in alot of their tracks, then there's the realllyy aggro classic music which is really good :D

Folk music is great :( Is about how people like Bugz mate with their own family. :D
how can people not like folk music? balkan/irish/any country basically has great folk music

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Look at the bands in the past year who have been huge.

Most of them are overrated cobblers, biggest culprits are Artic Monkeys, The Kooks, Muse and The Gossip. It sounds the same, yet because those scene people, who jump from music scene to msuic scene, depending on what dress Kate Moss is wearing etc, they still make lots of money. One or two songs that are catchy (Good on the Dnce Floor, Standing in the Way of Control) define the rest of the charts. Its not the music that catches people, its just the clever lyrics (such as Scummy Man) who appeal to the lovesick teenagers that got annoyed when Busted split :p

Thank god the Foo Fighters are back to top form, some of their new stuff blew me away.

I hate the new "indie"(face it True indie ended in 1998), heading by that cock Pete Doherty. He is crap, yet because so many scene fans love his music (god knows why, its awful), he is revered as a Rock and Roll god by the press.

I can sit back and laugh at the so calle "indie" kids who think they are independant from the mainstream, yet everyone listens to the same bands, wear the same clothes etc. Im a metalhead, to the end, so I will always be far out of the mainstream!

in fairness mate, muse have been around for a few years and have allmost a cult fanbase! Gossip doesnt really tickle my fancy, Kooks are pretty decent and i liked there album, i think your just mad because so did the rest of the population of uk and ireland :eek:

The artic monkeys albums are brilliant the first time you listen and then slowly just get worse and worse imo.

One of the only bands i truely have praise for atm is bloc party but mainly because i love there drummer.

you seem to hate pete doherty? but calling him crap is a small bit immature...

lets say, now just think! he wasnt on crack. he wasnt on smack. he wasnt in every paper for being on smack and crack.he wasnt bangin kate moss.he wasnt a spasticated BORN IN A BARN WITH A NEEDLE IN ME ARM, IM A JUNKIEEEEE.

lets just say he was in a local venue in ur area and he took out a gutair and sang, you honestly wouldnt like him? saying he has no talent is just lieing. im not saying hes brilliant but people who just downrite say hes shit are kidding him self. hes not the savour of rock n roll but hes not nothing either.

well not nothing as far as musicla talent goes

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i don't like the direction the music industry is going in the uk. it's full of "original" singer/songwriters and bands that are really just manufactured to make them seem original, and people like fucking mark ronson. fuck the fuck off. you aren't clever - you have other people singing other peoples songs with a little bit of rearranging. FUCK OFF!

Himse

FH is my second home
All indie bands sound the same, some northern accent shitter singing.
Metal will always be my chosen genre of music but i like everything i guess!

Heard two chavs listening to fall out boy on their phones, did make me laugh :D

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Hence my location.

I seem to be in one of the main spawning grounds for this Indie rubbish, Middlesbrough's overrun with Indie bands popping up all over the place.

I bloody hate it, The north-east has spawned some gems in the past. Shame the new generation is just a huge collection of sheep.

I think 1987 was the last decent year to be born in round here.

Thankfully the emo and indie wave just seemed to have passed over my head, which i'm thankful for.

My brother unfortunately knows a lot of these Indie kids, was funny a few months back before Leeds Fest I completely ripped off Razorlight infront of them without thinking and their faces were absolutely mortified.

I say: "Take your elitist I listen to Indie attitude and bloody well fuck off!" :D

Himse

FH is my second home
Hence my location.

I seem to be in one of the main spawning grounds for this Indie rubbish, Middlesbrough's overrun with Indie bands popping up all over the place.

I bloody hate it, The north-east has spawned some gems in the past. Shame the new generation is just a huge collection of sheep.

I think 1987 was the last decent year to be born in round here.

Thankfully the emo and indie wave just seemed to have passed over my head, which i'm thankful for.

My brother unfortunately knows a lot of these Indie kids, was funny a few months back before Leeds Fest I completely ripped off Razorlight infront of them without thinking and their faces were absolutely mortified.

I say: "Take your elitist I listen to Indie attitude and bloody well fuck off!" :D

Haha good, personally the only band i like are the Frattellis (sp?) lol, cos they are catchy, & actually wrote some decent songs!

But i was never a fan of Arctic Monkeys, Razorlight, Kasier Chiefs etc, the just produce shit with no talent what so ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom