harry fucking potter

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
i thought it was ok but not amazingabd the end was a damn lazy attempt at tying up loose ends, much prefer Trudi Canavan personally

but as said before if it gets kids reading it was worth it, and at £60 for a 600 odd page book its hardly a rip off

oh rly? in .dk i've seen it for 15 quid...

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
The ending epilogue (sp?) was complete and utter shit. I mean - calling their kids Lily and James is one thing but Albus Severus Potter? What the flying fuck is that about. I really disliked the ending aswell tbh, so he walks up to Voldemort and dies. And rather Deus Ex Machina like he has the choice to either move on to the heavenz or go back to his mates and redhaired bitch. That was just silly. Another silly thing was how all of 'em happened to be appearing at 'the great war', even fucking Granny Longbottom decided to show up and do her act. Hell, Oliver Wood and them chasers were there aswell, that was ridiculous. Seemed like she tried to end it rather abrupt instead of spreading it out on more pages. "Avada Kedavra" "Lolz mate, Expelliarmus" and surelely the first cast bounces back from the second. Okay...so what happened to Nagini anyway?
I am not pleased :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
whats all the fuss about?

The first 2 books were a riot. A great read. Not read the others. Yet. All I can say is that I wish I had written them. JK Rowling is running close to becomming the first female billionaire author. Fair play to her.

The films are ok...just. But that Daniel Radcliff really gets on my nerves. He's such a shite actor. All I wanna see is the HP film where Hermione gets her kit off and gratuitously rubs her boobies and plays with herself. Think that comes in the 7th film. If so...so might I ! Fnar fnar ! Hubba Hubba !

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I personally would of liked to see her bank statment the following week for "Money this week recieved"

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Following the 6th book she'd made around £600million, must be closing in on a billion with the latest movie and book :O

Helme

Resident Freddy
Been having a fever lately so I spent the time in bed reading this book. The first half of the book was okay but after that it just got very 'unfocused' and derailed. I have never been a real fan of the books and mostly just read them for a days worth of entertainment or whatever(hell, I did the same with the Eragon books who are strangely comical due to all the rip-offs). But this last book was just an insult to the serie imo. It tried to hard and failed to conclude the story(if there is such a thing) in its entirety.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, I have read all the Harry Potter books. And i'm not ashamed to say, i love those books.
And before any of you claim that i'm a cretin etc. I have read nearly anything from Dante's; The Divine comedy, The Art of War, The Kama Sutra, a sea of fantasy, Poe, Wilde, Jules Verne, all the clasics etc etc.
Harry Potter is actually one of the series that managed to get me to care quite abit about the characters, and i felt the books only got better and better as the story unfolded from 1 through 7.
I also really appreciate the patience I felt was shown developing intercharacter relationships and the characters themselfs.

My 2 cents

Mey

Part of the furniture
The reason why she has ended it like this is because the people who own the movie rights can make any number of harry potter films they like, whether or not she has written them. So she's tried to finish the story as it were, so that they can't make any money without giving her profit or something.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
The reason why she has ended it like this is because the people who own the movie rights can make any number of harry potter films they like, whether or not she has written them. So she's tried to finish the story as it were, so that they can't make any money without giving her profit or something.

The basis of the ending was fine - what we're complaining about is the way it was done and so on. It felt like she had rushed it, which was a shame as the rest of the book was very well thought out.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
If you lot want to read a bit of childrens fantasy I recommend Eragon/Eldest.

Beats that overrated bitch Rowling out of the water

Shame the movie was about as good as Gamah's Aids joke :(

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
If you lot want to read a bit of childrens fantasy I recommend Eragon/Eldest.

Beats that overrated bitch Rowling out of the water

Shame the movie was about as good as Gamah's Aids joke :(

That's where i think you are wrong. Not by the fact that you think the Inheritance Trilogy is better than Harry Potter (third book yet to be released) Although i personally like Harry Potter better.
The same thing has happened to Harry Potter as has happened to so many TV series and Anime over the years.
It's becomes mainstream popular, thereby putting itself in the line of fire from those who feel that; either, it lost it's special feel. Or that the entire thing is overrated due to it's immense popularity. Although it does not take away from their personal fav's.
So i think alot of people loose sight of the fact that the Harry Potter series, is just damn good books.

And people are free to not like Harry Potter, it would be weird if everyone liked it. But don't hate on it for any other fact than if you think it's all trash.
Don't hate because it's popular, don't hate it because you think it is overrated, don't hate because of the rabid fans, and don't hate because it's not your favorite.
I know that some people hate Harry Potter, and that is fine. As long as say so because they read them and found it shitty. Not because they read half of one book and then didn't find there were enough sexy Night Elfs in it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom