harry fucking potter

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by megadave, Jul 23, 2007.

1. megadave

megadave I am a FH squatter

yes i actually bothered to read this and oh my god. i know it's a children's book and everything but what a shitty book. I was told it was meant to be darker but it just wasnt. No good plot twists, highly predictable and generally lame all around. The ending was terrible and i'm sure the last chapter must have been written by a 10 year old.

Don't read it.

2. pikeh

pikeh Resident Freddy

most over-hyped Piece of shit books around, by the worlds most boring author.

whats all the fuss about?

3. Ingafgrinn Macabre

Ingafgrinn Macabre Can't get enough of FH

the book's surfing the cute-wave...

4. Solo

Solo Fledgling Freddie

Feel the hate.

Anyway I think it's still a good thing that a Book got a red carpet hollywood esque reception.

I'm tempted to read them as they're all out now, stayed well clear of it before.

5. Thadius

Thadius Part of the furniture

I think JK Rowling is a shit author who rights boring, predictable books.

However, she has got young children to put down the ps2 and xboxes and picking up a book, so cudos to her

6. Solo

Solo Fledgling Freddie

You are right, she made it fashionable and cool for kids and even adults to read.

If you already read alot then of course it might not be to your taste but I'm sure for some it has willingly inspired them want to read a book rather than being forced at school, may even for the first time.

If this lastest one stands up to the rest I have no idea but there is the issue of blindly following the craze.

7. Thadius

Its always been cool to read, its just finding a chav who hasnt been failed by Labours school system :p

8. Mojo

Mojo Fledgling Freddie

who the fuck is harry potter?

9. gohan

gohan FH is my second home

ive read them all :< read the first few before the hype came, personal i think for a book aimed at children its very very good, some really witty one liners an some of the plot twists throughout the series does make u look a the page an go WTF, ill be honest i still preffer books by dean koontz an colin bateman but i still think harry potter is a very good series, much better than the films anyhow

10. Congax

Congax Fledgling Freddie

Dont fucking dare to spoiler me! Getting it tomorrow :(

11. Sparx

Sparx Cheeky Fucknugget

so who died then?

i have no interest in reading the book(s) wanna know who died tho

12. Overdriven

Overdriven Not a sandwich

"OMG HARRY POTTER SUCKS!" Grow up. Everyone has their opinion on the matter, I've read them all (I've read a few sets of books) and the last book is quite good.

I suggest people read it if they've read the others.

13. Congax

Congax Fledgling Freddie

If someone answers this question - spoiler it! Please, please, please, pwetty please use spoilers :(

14. Overdriven

So far:

- Fred
    - Dobby
    - Mad Eye
    - One of Draco's friends

Unless I've missed some (3-4chap from the end) that should be it.

15. Charity Burbage
    Hedwig
    Alastor Moody
    Ted Tonks
    Dirk Cresswell
    Gornuk
    Gregorovitch
    Rufus Scrimgeour
    Grindelwald
    Bathilda Bagshot
    Wormtail
    Dobby
    Remus Lupin
    Nymphadora Tonks
    Vincent Crabbe
    Severus Snape
    Fred Weasley
    Colin Creevey
    Nagini
    Antonin Dolohov
    Pius Thicknesse
    Bellatrix Lestrange
    Voldemort
    They all die.

16. Thadius

Lol at the nympho name :p

17. Chronictank

Chronictank FH is my second home

i thought it was ok but not amazingabd the end was a damn lazy attempt at tying up loose ends, much prefer Trudi Canavan personally

but as said before if it gets kids reading it was worth it, and at £60 for a 600 odd page book its hardly a rip off

18. Vladamir

Vladamir FH is my second home

Does that ginger bint get her flaps pounded at any point? :(

19. - English -

- English - Resident Freddy

himse likes harry potter so much hes restylin his 70s haircut to look him daniel gaycliffe

20. megadave

megadave I am a FH squatter

yes so does the other clever bitch too :D

21. Sharma

Sharma Can't get enough of FH

R.L Steins Goosebumps books 4evah. :D

22. Sparx

Sparx Cheeky Fucknugget

qft

23. Overdriven

Been a while since I've even touched those, he still writing them? Or did he die?

Oh, I finally finished the H.P. book. Interesting ending.

24. Ingafgrinn Macabre

Ingafgrinn Macabre Can't get enough of FH

by the way... harry fucking potter.... is that autocoïtus?

• Like Like x 1
  25. gohan

gohan FH is my second home

personal at the end id rather i went on a bit then had an epilouge :< epilouges are ghey

26. Flintlock

Flintlock Banned

Well I am a big fan of the Harry Potter books. I know you can pick holes in them if you want with regard to realism - is there any? - but that is going against the nature of such books. They are pure escapism. Silly they might be but still great fun. They are also very well written and have tons of atmosphere.

27. Thadius

None of the newers ones though, I still have the original 1-20 :p

Monster Blood > all

28. NikonL

NikonL Fledgling Freddie

just finished reading. i liked it tbh. i enjoy reading a hell of a lot though. so any book that entertains me is good. i guess maybe if you don't read a lot, and generally only bother to read books that are "must-read" style things, you might not be as impressed.

it's easy to pick holes in the books. and yeah J.K isn't the most talented author, and doesn't use the greatest language/structure. but she knows how to write an entertaining story. and at the end of the day, if i enjoy a book, i don't really care how it was done, or if it was a kids book or what :p

29. Urgluf

Urgluf Part of the furniture

read my PM if you dare ^^

30. Congax

Congax Fledgling Freddie

I do not know which poor sod you PMd, but it wasnt me! :D Anywho, only 40 pages to go 'til its all over. Gonne read them this night tbh, first some WoW! :)()