harry fucking potter

megadave

I am a FH squatter
yes i actually bothered to read this and oh my god. i know it's a children's book and everything but what a shitty book. I was told it was meant to be darker but it just wasnt. No good plot twists, highly predictable and generally lame all around. The ending was terrible and i'm sure the last chapter must have been written by a 10 year old.

Don't read it.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
most over-hyped Piece of shit books around, by the worlds most boring author.

whats all the fuss about?

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Feel the hate.

Anyway I think it's still a good thing that a Book got a red carpet hollywood esque reception.

I'm tempted to read them as they're all out now, stayed well clear of it before.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I think JK Rowling is a shit author who rights boring, predictable books.

However, she has got young children to put down the ps2 and xboxes and picking up a book, so cudos to her

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
I think JK Rowling is a shit author who rights boring, predictable books.

However, she has got young children to put down the ps2 and xboxes and picking up a book, so cudos to her

You are right, she made it fashionable and cool for kids and even adults to read.

If you already read alot then of course it might not be to your taste but I'm sure for some it has willingly inspired them want to read a book rather than being forced at school, may even for the first time.

If this lastest one stands up to the rest I have no idea but there is the issue of blindly following the craze.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
You are right, she made it fashionable and cool for kids and even adults to read.

If you already read alot then of course it might not be to your taste but I'm sure for some it has willingly inspired them want to read a book rather than being forced at school, may even for the first time.

If this lastest one stands up to the rest I have no idea but there is the issue of blindly following the craze.

Its always been cool to read, its just finding a chav who hasnt been failed by Labours school system :p

gohan

FH is my second home
ive read them all :< read the first few before the hype came, personal i think for a book aimed at children its very very good, some really witty one liners an some of the plot twists throughout the series does make u look a the page an go WTF, ill be honest i still preffer books by dean koontz an colin bateman but i still think harry potter is a very good series, much better than the films anyhow

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
so who died then?

i have no interest in reading the book(s) wanna know who died tho

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
"OMG HARRY POTTER SUCKS!" Grow up. Everyone has their opinion on the matter, I've read them all (I've read a few sets of books) and the last book is quite good.

I suggest people read it if they've read the others.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
so who died then?

i have no interest in reading the book(s) wanna know who died tho
If someone answers this question - spoiler it! Please, please, please, pwetty please use spoilers :(

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
If someone answers this question - spoiler it! Please, please, please, pwetty please use spoilers :(

So far:

- Fred
- Dobby
- Mad Eye
- One of Draco's friends

Unless I've missed some (3-4chap from the end) that should be it.

Charity Burbage
Hedwig
Alastor Moody
Ted Tonks
Dirk Cresswell
Gornuk
Gregorovitch
Rufus Scrimgeour
Grindelwald
Bathilda Bagshot
Wormtail
Dobby
Remus Lupin
Nymphadora Tonks
Vincent Crabbe
Severus Snape
Fred Weasley
Colin Creevey
Nagini
Antonin Dolohov
Pius Thicknesse
Bellatrix Lestrange
Voldemort
They all die.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i thought it was ok but not amazingabd the end was a damn lazy attempt at tying up loose ends, much prefer Trudi Canavan personally

but as said before if it gets kids reading it was worth it, and at £60 for a 600 odd page book its hardly a rip off

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Does that ginger bint get her flaps pounded at any point? :(

- English -

Resident Freddy
himse likes harry potter so much hes restylin his 70s haircut to look him daniel gaycliffe

gohan

FH is my second home
personal at the end id rather i went on a bit then had an epilouge :< epilouges are ghey

Flintlock

Banned
Well I am a big fan of the Harry Potter books. I know you can pick holes in them if you want with regard to realism - is there any? - but that is going against the nature of such books. They are pure escapism. Silly they might be but still great fun. They are also very well written and have tons of atmosphere.

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
just finished reading. i liked it tbh. i enjoy reading a hell of a lot though. so any book that entertains me is good. i guess maybe if you don't read a lot, and generally only bother to read books that are "must-read" style things, you might not be as impressed.

it's easy to pick holes in the books. and yeah J.K isn't the most talented author, and doesn't use the greatest language/structure. but she knows how to write an entertaining story. and at the end of the day, if i enjoy a book, i don't really care how it was done, or if it was a kids book or what :p

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
read my PM if you dare ^^
I do not know which poor sod you PMd, but it wasnt me! :D Anywho, only 40 pages to go 'til its all over. Gonne read them this night tbh, first some WoW! :)()

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom