Advice Hard Drive Hnnnghh? Raid Hrrrmmpph?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Removed all the shit standard bubblegum like thermal paste last night and replaced it with Arctic Silver and its been on all night. Hopefully it was all just a coincidence and this just needed doing.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I hate Windows.

So what's this all about?

Moved my stuff to the now mirrored (cheers all) WD drives, so for example I have a folder called Sab, BitTorrent etc inside the WD drive, theres about 7 folders. All fine in there. Share the WD drive then go into there and share the folders with NFS (not sure why I do this anymore it was for a Popcorn Hour I had a while back or something), anyway that's all done. I then go to my laptop and I get straight into the WD drive but cannot get into any of the folders due to permissions. I have added Users to each folder, I have allowed full access including root within NFS.

Anyway after putting a new folder in the WD drive I then went to my laptop and I could access that fine so what I did was moved everything back off the WD drive (clicking OK to the warning that this folder is shared blah blah) then moved it back onto it then went back to my laptop and I can access it all fine now, I aren't touching NFS but pretty sure that wasn't the issue as I haven't even shared the folders inside the drive this time just cut and pasted them back. Server 2011 still (not for much fucking longer, it's way above my head).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom