Hard disk forensic's

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
ello all!

I need some trusted freddy information of hard disk forensic services in england, south east would be preferable or maybe anationwide company. Have a disk that the owner is considering recovering data off.

Need to know the "rough cost"... the persons said her friend already did the stupid "stick it in a freezer" fix.... eurgh....

From the sounds of it its a proper fail, has the clicking of death, and can't be accessed in another pc.

So any info would be loverly! cheers me dears.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
anattic said:
I've heard these people mentioned as being capable (although I've not 1st-hand experience): http://www.vogon.co.uk/
We use vogon here at work and they come pretty highly reccomended. You are usually looking at 1000's for a recovery though.
although i was told they had rebranded as www.ontrack.co.uk

Chilly

Balls of steel
they claim to have recovered 68 petabytes since 1997 or so. I don't really believe them. Before a couple of years ago I doubt anyone actually *had* a petabyte of data in one place (or even one d/c).

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Chilly said:
they claim to have recovered 68 petabytes since 1997 or so. I don't really believe them. Before a couple of years ago I doubt anyone actually *had* a petabyte of data in one place (or even one d/c).
Wouldn't suprise me if that was true, since i've been here (8 odd months) we've sent at least 10 terrabytes worth of hdds to be recovered and that's just the ones i've known about. Although i do suspect a bit of hyperbole there..

Data is a scary thing though, I used to work for a company which had the largest online store of news data in the world about 7 or 8 year ago and that amounted to approximately 17tb AFAIR and that took up an entire datacenter of DEC mainframes :)

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, and this lot know their stuff http://www.disklabs.com/
But yes its likely to be probably around a grand a disk from my memory of conversation to them at the last conference.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
ouch a grand a disk... thats alot of £££s cheers though guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom