Hangover cures??

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Xtro said:
I wish you two would get a room and shut the fuck up. Is it time of the month girls?

Back on topic, I usually find a pint of lager the next day helps.

Was away to post words to similar effect, but Xtro beat me to it :(.

Hush kids.

I know some students that say the cure for a hangover is another beer the next day ;).

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
I quite like posting about my drinking on internet forums helps. That or a nice "l337" number plate.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Best cure I ever found was playing paintball, got rid of the hangover almost instantly.... more conventinaly methods are just lots of water, give your body whatever you crave, you can burn it off in the gym later, and a really really cold shower..

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Over the years I've learned the hardway, but for me this works every time, and I can drink as much as I like when I'm out until my wallet empties :/

1) Eat a full meal or a bacon and egg butty. Line that stomach (glass of milk to if you like to help add more lining).
2) Drink slowly at first, a pint say, then off you go...

... later in the evening...

3) stop drinking 2-1 and a half hours before you want to go home, or clubs ends, and grab a bottle of water if need be.
4) after drinking is over for the night grab something greasy, kabab or just some chips.
5) when you are home drink a pint of water, and food if you did not get when out (or just a slice of bread to help soak up drink).

In the morning two pints of water, greasy food (bacon butty is ideal) and a shower once you can face it. You'll hate getting into it, but once out will feel half alive.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Deadmanwalking said:
Maccy d's breakfast........after a night of drinking heavily......

Strange. I have a Maccy D's breakfast every morning after a night on the piss. I'm about as far away from overweight as you can get.

*if this next bit counts as against the TOC let me know I'll edit it. Or edit it for me*

Now, I might not be in the best position to comment here, but DMW you really do contribute ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to these forums. Seriously, every post I see of yours is having an entirely uncalled for jab at someone simply joining in the discussion. Why do you do this? Not get paid enough attention at home? Not getting enough sex? Not enough brain power to realise why it's a bad idea? I mean I know I pride myself on being a ****, but I also realise that there's taking the piss, and there's taking the piss by taking the piss too much. You fall squarely into the latter group I'm afraid. You know I'm sure you've been a pretty sound bloke at times in the past, but unfortunately these memories have been pushed out by you being and obnoxious little tyke for no reason whatsoever.

Sort it ahhhhhht.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Thanks for that Bodhi, you've posted exactly what I was thinking. Incidently, i sent a PM to DMW asking him what his problem was, I got no reply.

Back on topic!

I remember someone telling me that ice lollies can help with a hangover because they're a half way between eating something solid and drinking something - that way you can stomach something solid, but get the benefit of rehydrating at the same time.

I couldn't eat a McDs on a hangover, but I could eat some flavoured ice.

Bodhi

Tis a good idea that actually, Ice Cream has sorted me out in the past for a similar reason I'm sure. Just make sure it isn't too creamy :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Bodhi said:

even if yo fuckin hate me, i agree completley :eek7: btw im rarely hungover but MCD's help when i am. even if im fine, i drink OJ to help my liver.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
A Grand Prix usually sorts me out. Unfortunatly that means I only have a cure ever two weeks for a few months of the year ;)

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Whipped said:
A Grand Prix usually sorts me out. Unfortunatly that means I only have a cure ever two weeks for a few months of the year ;)
ahhhh nothing beats a GP for a hangover, i just love watching a GP wiv a hangover and loads of OJ

Bodhi

tris- said:
even if yo fuckin hate me, i agree completley :eek7: btw im rarely hungover but MCD's help when i am. even if im fine, i drink OJ to help my liver.

Lol what gave you the impression I hated you?

*suddenly realises he may have been mean to someone and has forgotten all about it*

If this is the case I apologise :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Who stole the real bods?

He just apologised.

You ok there mate?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Time to fist him till the agro face returns.

(or he farts)

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Sleep till about 2pm the next day, then drink a bottle of red wine, you'll feel much better.

In fact if you ever feel crappy, flu, sore throat, headache .. drink a bottle of red wine. Tis the universal cure!

tris-

Bodhi said:
Lol what gave you the impression I hated you?

*suddenly realises he may have been mean to someone and has forgotten all about it*

If this is the case I apologise :)

would anyone hold it against me if i said :eek::eek::eek:

Bodhi

Swift^ said:
Who stole the real bods?

He just apologised.

You ok there mate?

I'm fine. It's amazing the effects a semi-serious traffic accident can have. Kinda makes you realise how short life is.

snake75

Fledgling Freddie
why is it i always want a mcdonalds or a burger king or kfc next morning?

trouble is im always still too pissed to drive there and get one....why the fuck dont they deliver ffs!!!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Bodhi said:
I'm fine. It's amazing the effects a semi-serious traffic accident can have. Kinda makes you realise how short life is.

Can I borrow some money?

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone who says sup a pint of milk before you go out as it lines your stomache is talking poo poo. Poor a pint of Milk into a jar with a pint of Beer and watch what happens! Well that happens in your stomache ok!

Anyway if you knwo you are off out, try and sup as much water as you can during the day, this helps keep your body hydration levels up, you get a headache as your brain is shrinking due to water loss.

Eat something full, pasta or the like a couple of hours before you go out. And of course try and get a couple of pints of watre down your neck if you can remember :eek7: before you go to bed and keep a pint next to your bed incase of dry mouth, if you have supped enough durning the day you should be sound.

A mate of mine who is now a nurse, when he was a student was working at the local Hospital as a student, went in on a Saturday morning shift at 7:00, he had only had 2 hours kip, felt SHITE so plugged himslef into an intravenous drip (sp) and fed him glucose and withing 10 - 15 mins was fine lol

tris-

i wonderd if my tax money was making a good difference.

Bodhi

Swift^ said:
Can I borrow some money?

Fuck off I'm skint.

:D

Btw shearer, milk before going out on the beers works a treat, as normally the milk has left your stomach before you get out on the beers, leaving that nice lining behind. I reckon a pint of milk is worth at least another 2 beers on a heavy night out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom