Hangover cures??

snake75

Fledgling Freddie
any suggestions will be gratefully and very quietly accepted...... :puke:

Will

/bin/su
Not getting drunk works for me. Plenty of water before you go to bed helps. One of my mates swears by a teaspoonfull of marmite and a pint of water.

In the morning, Resolve works wonders.

Athena

Fledgling Freddie
Bananas apparently due to their potassium content but don’t mix with tons of water.

Now I do know this works as a preventative….

Evening Primrose Oil capsules. You want to take about 6 capsules of the 500mg strength about 1 to 2 hours before you go out drinking.

PS... Andrews Liver Salts and Peppermint Tea also
Meant to add those are for after use.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wij said:
Bottle of lager.
Hair of the dog is the best cure.

Of course you could be sensible and drink till your tipsy and not completely wasted, and drink a pint of water before bed.

Lots of dancing also works, I danced off most of the drink last night, ended up only be incredibly tired.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Plenty of ice cold Irn Bru to begin with (it has caffeine in it), one multivitamin + iron, a cup of green tea for its anti-oxidant properties. Plenty water to replace lost fluids.

Additionally, 2 x paracetamol & codeine for pain relief. The codeine will also generally give you a feeling of wellbeing in addition to its pain relief.

G

snake75

Fledgling Freddie
i danced a fair bit last nite and drank a lot of Bud which probly wasnt too clever, think i had sum vodka too

evening primrose sounds good, will try that....my westie has them for her skin and she never seems to get a hangover ;)

stormrider

Fledgling Freddie
Hangovers are part dehydration, part nutrient loss, part craving for more alcohol (hair of the dog). I tend to go for fruit juices and an english breakfast if I can stomach it. If not, just keep drinking fluids.
Prevention is better than cure though - I try to drink as much water as I can before I go to bed and make sure Ive still got some food in my stomach.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
2 liters of water before bedtime always takes the worst of the hangover I find.
Then some more water in the morning, and something light to fill the stomach - yougurt or cereal with milk :)

snake75

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm well all i got in the house is a sausage roll atm....will that do the trick?

JBP|

Part of the furniture
the best cure (worked every tiime for me) for a hangover that have ever found is......

drink a litre of orange juice and play some music as loud as is possible

i know it sounds odd but try it before you knock it :kissit:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Take milkthistle before you go out. It helps your liver process the alcohol and should help to severly reduce chances of hangovers.

And yes drink loads of water before going to sleep. Also if take some "Dioralyte" as it replaces body water and salts lost due to dehydration.

I also find drinking lots of "Rooibos" (Redbush) tea. It always makes me feel much better.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
dysfunction said:
Take milkthistle before you go out. It helps your liver process the alcohol and should help to severly reduce chances of hangovers.

And yes drink loads of water before going to sleep. Also if take some "Dioralyte" as it replaces body water and salts lost due to dehydration.

I also find drinking lots of "Rooibos" (Redbush) tea. It always makes me feel much better.

Go to your local health food shop, pick up some NAC capsules and take three of them before you go out on the piss. They replace an enzyme in your liver that alcohol leaves you short on. I'm no biologist though so this could be a load of old crap, I truly don't know.

However I do know that they work. You still feel a bit 'wooly' the next day, but you do not have the 'can't think let alone get out of bed' agony the next day.

Comparitively expensive though.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Pills innit!

Or if not, a cold glass bottle of Irn Bru (plastic ones work fine if you live in England, you'll just need a couple of them), a couple of aspirin, a fatty boombatty and an afternoon spent on the couch watching TV normally works for me.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Anyone tried RU21. A natural remedy to stop you getting a hangover. Contains herbs, minerals and viatamins etc. Supposed to have been used by the KGB and the Russian Army at the height of the cold war to stave off the effets of Alcohol. I've tried them a few times and they work a treat. You still have the feeling of being drunk but you dont wake up with that sick feeling and a bad head. Can get them ebay quite cheap :clap:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
what i found works for me is 2 pints of water before bed. two when you wake up. a litre of fresh orange and a mc donalds breaky.

vitamin C in the orange breaks down alcohol. if you finish the litre keep drinking more till you feel sick then stop.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
what i found works for me is 2 pints of water before bed. two when you wake up. a litre of fresh orange and a mc donalds breaky.

vitamin C in the orange breaks down alcohol. if you finish the litre keep drinking more till you feel sick then stop.

And then you moan about being overweight ?!

Christ man.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
SilverHood said:
2 liters of water before bedtime always takes the worst of the hangover I find.
Then some more water in the morning, and something light to fill the stomach - yougurt or cereal with milk :)

Yeah.... and buy one of them rubber mattress covers for your bed.....

2 LITRES OF WATER = a LOT of pish!! :)

tris-

Deadmanwalking said:
And then you moan about being overweight ?!

Christ man.

nope, i dont remember moaning anywhere but i do remember saying about it. but if you could tell me how 4 pints of water, a litre of orange and breakfast have anything to do with being overweight i would be grateful. sounds your like being a **** for the sake of it because your post has no relevance to anything.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Maccy d's breakfast........after a night of drinking heavily......

And yes you did. In your "RAF" thread. Saying how you had only 2 weeks to lose etc etc etc

tris-

i wasnt moaning. moaning would be "oh no im fat my life is shit im gonna kill my self". oh yeh i forgot, 1 breakfast gives you heart disease these days, better stick to crackers. did you just post that to take this thread off topic? cos you have, well done.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Well i didn't post it to wind you up or anything, but i seem to have hit a big nerve. If your gonna do the whole victimisation thing then i might as well do as i have been accused of. Fat git.

tris-

? all i said was why take it off topic. you have hit no nerve and i could not give a fuck about what you say ;)

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I wish you two would get a room and shut the fuck up. Is it time of the month girls?

Back on topic, I usually find a pint of lager the next day helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom