Hangover cures

N

Novamir

definitely regular water and SLEEEP

when i feel that awful there's no way i can do anything but sleep. i get terrible dry mouth after heavy nights, but usually just a mild hangover

C

Col|

Water is bets, for rehydration, best drunk before bed, as has been said, although expect to wake up at some point with a bursting bladder. Cup of tea with plenty of sugar is also quite good, so is orange juice, these are only if you can't stomach eating anything. Personally, I don't suffer from hangovers, I'm only going on what others have told me helps them, although one mates ex couldn't function til late afternoon after a night out, no matter what she tried, which I found highly amusing. :cheers:

D

Damini

I never used to get bad hangovers at all, I think its one of those horrid "getting older" things. And my hangovers are so irrational too - I had to turn off the telly because the sound of David Dickinsons voice was giving me mouth sweats. How stupid is that?

But yes, sleep was my true personal saviour.

D

Damini

Originally posted by BubbleCDR
they sell it accross the road..

Please someone tell me this doesn't make sense... Because if it does i think I broke something last night mentally.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by Damini

Please someone tell me this doesn't make sense... Because if it does i think I broke something last night mentally.

We all ponder on why Bubble was put on this earth, you're right it doesnt make any sense.

C

Col|

I can only assume he means they sell irn bru (TdC gave teh correct description of that foul concoction :p) across the road from him. As for you only suffering as you are now older, well, can't help you with that one, guess you should put your comfy slippers on and watch teh telly insted of going out and trying to drink underaged kiddies under teh table, as I would guess most are hardened drinkers by the time they are actually legal to drink ;)
Oh, and I'm in my (very) early 30s and I've never had a problem the next day after a heavy night out, apart from one christmas party where I started a food fight, passed out semi nekkid in the middle of the dance floor, was sick on every floor of the hotel we had the party in and ended up walking about said hotel at 7am trying to find my clothes, still, I ended up with alcohol poisoning after that, only "bad" incident I've ever really had (not that I recall most of it). ;)

N

Novamir

Don't drink tea unless you want to feel worse. The caffeine will dry you out even more as it is a diuretic.

O

old.job

THE best cure as has been stated is to carry on drinking,
or 'hair of the dog' as it is known.

The headache is caused by dehydration.
Alchohol makes you lose water below your normal level, drinking replenishes the water and the alchohol numbs the pain.

Of course those are the first baby steps too being an alchoholic :)

O

old.Xarr

i drink like 3 litres of chocolate milk, fart alot and take a monstrous dump... after that i'm all good again :D

F

Flimgoblin

I'd recommend not drinking wine out of belgian beer glasses.

That won't cure your hangover.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by old.Xarr
i drink like 3 litres of chocolate milk, fart alot and take a monstrous dump... after that i'm all good again :D

Hahaha :clap:

T

Tenko

I find the best Best hangover cure is to get up drink, loads of water, take two paracetamol (puke if you REALLY have too but dont force it) and get another 4-6 hours sleep.

If that hasn't worked repeat until its time for bed.

T

Tilda

Damini passed out infront of computer or is that not a web cam?

Tilda

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Damini
I do think SFXman should get banned simply on the principle that he's only had ONE hangover in his life.
Ah, the joy of it :)
That one time I just drank such a humongous amount of beer that I do not wonder. Then some Koskenkorva on top of that :p
Otherwise though, I am unfamiliar with the feeling. Unless you count sleepiness? :)

O

old.tRoG

Yes... XtREME iCE SkATiNG is extremely tiring.

I just drink lots of water and sleep. While chugging down every painkiller in the house, of course :)

S

Sharma

i like drank a gallon of water when i first got a REAL bad hangover at 15, seriously this concoction is deadly - 3 pints of beer, 2 Smirnoff ices, and a bicardi breezer, i couldnt stand up almost and dragged my self to bed.

1 litre of water, 2 packets of ready salted crisps and some toast helps.

S

slapmesilly..

Originally posted by sharma
i like drank a gallon of water when i first got a REAL bad hangover at 15, seriously this concoction is deadly - 3 pints of beer, 2 Smirnoff ices, and a bicardi breezer, i couldnt stand up almost and dragged my self to bed.

1 litre of water, 2 packets of ready salted crisps and some toast helps.

*giggles* I'm 15 atm (yeah, explains alot doesn't it?) and I would just feel a bit woozy after drinking that :D

S

SFXman

Hmm, I can understand how that amount of alcohol felt at 15 :)
I only drank maybe a few beers when I was 15... these days though... eh...
That time when I got a hangover, I had drunk approx. 16 pints of beer and around 1-2 dl of 40% Koskenkorva.
:eek6:

B

Belsameth

couldn't have been that bad, if you can still remember what you drank...

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Well I once drank SOO much that I died.
Im macho :(

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Soulcatcher
couldn't have been that bad, if you can still remember what you drank...
The thing was that I didn't even get that wasted. It really varies as to how booze affects you on different nights. So many factors have to do with the level of actual "fucked-up-ness". Still, the alcohol level in your blood will always be the same.

C

Col|

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
Well I once drank SOO much that I died.
Im macho :(

Laff

Probably the best thing said about the " I drunk soooo much alcohol....." people. It really doesn't matter how much you drink, you'll still get pissed, it'll just be a measure of how much of an arse you make of yourself while doing it.

S

SFXman

The amount that people drink to get drunk, I mean DRUNK, differs... I envy people who drink like 4 pints and are quite drunk already... so much cheaper.
Being a student I don't like having a high tolerance for alcohol, it sucks really.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Am I the only one who drinks because it tastes good?

Users who are viewing this thread