Hangover cures

D

Damini

I really need to know some hangover cures. Anyone have a tried and trusted one? And I couldn't have a fry up because even the smell of air is making me retch right now, so that's out the question.

Please someone, make it stop?

J

Jupitus

More beer hun - sorry but it's the best way - drink your way through it to a moderately pissed state and then sleep again - the hangover then ought to be less severe....

D

Damini

The thought of drinking more alcohol makes me want to cry :(

S

slapmesilly..

Kerrie (sp?) (it's the dutch word, don't know the english word for it, the yellow spice thingie) soup, works PERFECTLY!

O

old.Gombur Glodson

All you need is some pepper, some hair from the dog that bit you and an egg then you can make Head-B-Clear :D

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by slapmesilly..
Kerrie (sp?) (it's the dutch word, don't know the english word for it, the yellow spice thingie) soup, works PERFECTLY!

curry?

B

Belsameth

yeah, Curry I belief...

also vitamine B before you go to bed always helped me a lot...tho that might be slightly too late now...
so have a couple of beers instead :drink:

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Or you could stick a finger down your throat and have it over with.

S

SFXman

Sorry, can't help really. Experienced a hangover once, I just don't get them 99% of the time :eek:
That one time was on my 18th birthday, the morning after it that is... well actually it was my 18th birthday when I woke up but it was a sunday and I had my party on the saturday for obvious reasons.
First picture I have seen of Damini BTW :p
I think.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

You would have seen her famous pic if you actually bothered to read the threads you post on ^^

S

SFXman

I do, but I don't remember such a thing... never came across such a thread.

S

Sigurd

Looking at the computer screen will probably only make it worse ;) only thing I can think of that actually worked on me was sleep... but then I managed to get a hangover at about 3am...

D

Damon_D

Just drink alot of water , and eat some salty stuff,, beer nuts or what ever . What peopel dont realise is that drinking alchol , esp beer trows of your fluid balance and your salt balance ( you sweat alot more and you have to go to the bathroom alot ) So thats prob what your body needs the most

F

Flimgoblin

water, salt, vitamin C, energy :)
orange juice and lucozade :)

F

Flimgoblin

and then some more irn bru

I always find sleeping for another 6 hours cures my hangover.

P

Psy|:m00:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY FCUKING HEADD AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NEVER AGAIN FCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK

Feel better already ^^

F

Flimgoblin

don't forget the tea afterwards.

(primal screaming makes your throat dry)

K

Kaitlyn

Eat an apple and take a warm bath.This works for me.(mind you i usually do the fry up and drink more alcohol aswell so im not too sure which bit of it actually works..but hey worth a shot)

D

Damini

Heh, I'm feeling much better now. My eyes are both facing in the same direction and I'm not green, so thats progress. I tried Damons advice (it being the least scary and most sensible), and I ate one crisp, was ill, and then managed to fall asleep and I've woken up a lot healthier.

I do think SFXman should get banned simply on the principle that he's only had ONE hangover in his life.

I'm off now for the irun bru. :)

K

kr0n

Pre-hangover tip, drink a lot of water before goin to sleep. I think it kinda lessens the alcohol density thus prevents it to enter bloodstream in a large chunks... Or something...

Guess we have enough the same genes, worst hangover so far has been minor headache and need to drink 3L of Teh Nektar (read: cola)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Damini
I'm off now for the irun bru. :)

tis luvly stuff..

but only seems to be sold in dodgy little corner shops (and co-op) down south.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by kr0n
Pre-hangover tip, drink a lot of water before goin to sleep. I think it kinda lessens the alcohol density thus prevents it to enter bloodstream in a large chunks... Or something...

good advice...

but the reason is because alcohol dehydrates you :) water rehydrates... (stops your brain drying up and hurting so much)

Of course barfing also helps on the stomach front.....

but after that - Irn Bru!

A

Arnor

primal screaming works for me

works like a charm! :D

seriously, lying in bed and drinking watta and NOT thinking about alchohol does wonders :)

S

slapmesilly..

can someone please tell me what "Iron Bru" is?

T

Testin da Cable

irn bru is an evil scots drink that looks [and tastes] like curdled moose urine.

Users who are viewing this thread