Halo 3

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
Out of curiosity, do you have 5.1 setup?
if so how did you do it? i was looking at this:
YAMAHA AV61 PACKAGE (RXV361 HOME CINEMA RECEIVER AND NSP110 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM) - available from Superfi UK Visit http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/3396 for details

as i want to connect a wii (component) , ps3 (optical) and 360(optical) to it

advice on this one- get a home cinema kit (dvd player with 5.1)

theres ALOT of cheap ones around atm, though dont go for a budget one as theyre usually fairly tinny and a bit craptastic, the bigger the better is usually a good rule to go by

all you need for slots/ports for connecting is enough stereo-in slots(red+white), which most have.

the cheap yamaha ones iv seen like that and used (going off working @ currys and boredom forcing me to play with all the big tvs / 5-7.1s) tend to be a bit shite, the "budget" label means inferior sound

could very well be wrong, but not seen one iv liked with less than a 200w sub and a 500w (bare minimum) "system" output

6months ago you could pick up 1k watt systems for around 250quid in sales in highstreet stores, so id have thought with some searching and the fact technology advances so quick, should be even cheaper now

wouldnt just order one off the net though, definitely best to go check them out in a store somewhere, just dont buy from the store :p

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Didn't like halo 2, but god I love Halo 3.

Playing it on my 32" Widescreen HDTV and it's alot of fun!

kivik

Part of the furniture
Bought it and love it, can't wait to try out multiplayer!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Not really, wearing a MS related t-shirt is nothing like wearing an Albion/Camlann one. I'd actually consider wearing the 2nd one, but the 1st one only after a brain surgery and even not for a case full with money :p.

but you're also the one who sold your account for social relations with a female...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Probably OLD but i played it yesterday round my mates and on the 2nd level we heard Jonathan Ross say "Glad to see you Arbiter"

we laughed as we both knew it was him, just checked the web and their are lots of sites claiming he has a voice cameo

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well dunno how old or not this is, as it wasn't discussed on the thread named "Halo 3" just a couple of threads down :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Well dunno how old or not this is, as it wasn't discussed on the thread named "Halo 3" just a couple of threads down :D

Oh fuck beans!

Well, i hope you all forgive me, I had just sat down at work and posted this all excited.

*makes mental note to read before posting*

*makes mental note to forget above instruction*

You know I've got a job, but can't get much done with the shit pay I'm getting! :< Plus spent most me moneys @ Leeds on Tuesday.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Leeds is expensive like, I go to the Wendyhouse monthly and spend £60-£70 every time! :eek:

@ The Cockpit it was more expensive for a pint of coke than a pint of Guiness, not that I'd drink that shit but y'know ^^ Bloody expensive place.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Heh, nice one bungii.

Anyhoo, that disc replacement thing would be awesome for a "scam".

1: Buy limited edition.
2: Play limited edition through.
3: Scratch and send.
4: REcieve unopened version.
5: Sell at a later date.
6: ????
7: Profit!

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
or just

buy limited edition
wait
sell limited edition

Chronictank

FH is my second home
could very well be wrong, but not seen one iv liked with less than a 200w sub and a 500w (bare minimum) "system" output

6months ago you could pick up 1k watt systems for around 250quid in sales in highstreet stores, so id have thought with some searching and the fact technology advances so quick, should be even cheaper now

wouldnt just order one off the net though, definitely best to go check them out in a store somewhere, just dont buy from the store :p

a bit of a thread hijak but what about this one:
dabs.com - Samsung HT-TX35R Home Theatre System (HT-TX35R)

it's only 600w, but i cant find any 5.1 systems for £250ish by samsung (to utilise the Anynet remote)
1 optical is minimum, but i can just buy a optical switch if more ports are needed

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
BBC NEWS | Technology | Halo 3 sales top £84m in 24 hours

_44138857_halothree-pa203.jpg

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
a bit of a thread hijak but what about this one:
dabs.com - Samsung HT-TX35R Home Theatre System (HT-TX35R)

it's only 600w, but i cant find any 5.1 systems for £250ish by samsung (to utilise the Anynet remote)
1 optical is minimum, but i can just buy a optical switch if more ports are needed

yea thats the kinda thing twas on about, and in fact iv used that and its not bad at all, theres a very similar sony one thats 750w that we use to stock at currys as well

iv got a panasonic home cinema kit (1k) i got like 4yrs ago, and its lived through rigouros times (house parties) at uni no probs, just seems to be really "good" with anything connected upto it, even if its just a simple jack plugged into the system

would still defo try and hunt it down in a store and test one out before you buy though, my tastes and yours may differ etc

eksdee

FH is my second home
the graphics are pretty average in-game, for sure (considering the power of xbox 360) but the gameplay more than makes up for it (that's what's important, right?). about half-way through it by now i guess and really enjoying it, first time a fps on a console has felt 'right' to me.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Yup gameplay is awesome.

Co-op mode in 2 warthogs running over the plains ambushing a covenant camp, it's fucking awesome.

But missing the real epic music like in Halo1+2 :mad:

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
the guns still miss the <WHAM!> when firing, silly future plastic guns :(

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Lamp, that images looks really 'blocky' to me, especially the mountains..

Nothing UT3 on the PC won't be able to pwn though.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Lamp, that images looks really 'blocky' to me, especially the mountains..

Nothing UT3 on the PC won't be able to pwn though.

UT3 is going to be sick but we are talking about running UT3 on a graphics card with twice the pixel shading performance and twice the memory plus the card costs more than the entire 360 console itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom