Habemus

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Strafers are boring, tha'ts all there is to it :)
Habemus is a top ranger tho ;)

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Xxcalibur said:
learn to avoid straffe in stealth fights m8, its not rly hard .... anyway habemus is n1 ranger atm and n1 straffer in this game xD

saw him kill slirre using slirre IP and slirre with his zerk rr10 didnt touch him xDDD

rofl..i killt him with my rr2 merc when he battler debuffed me an i did not use
anything..

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Eeben said:
anything..

Not hard killing stuff with a merc... :D

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Eeben said:
anything..

Higher damage / hit table :> crush damage, chain armour :>

Lythande

Fledgling Freddie
Less Zephyring rr2 valks when you're on 20% plz :(

j/k was nice fight, still a little noob at this solo-stuff

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Imo strafing has nothing to do with skill..its ppl who shouldve been playing wow that are strafing twats...I was very disappointed when playing some of my mid/alb stealthers, to discover how many of the ppl I looked up to as hib stealther, were abusing this poorly designed engine. Strafe shouldnt exist in this game or you should miss a lot more often when strafing. I fought Galid with one of my mid chars(at least I think it was...it was G-summit, high rr) and he was strafing like there were a swarm of bees buzzing around his head, even after he landed side-pos stun.

Its thoroughly disappointing that some ppl need to win at every cost and thus use any trick(bug?) they possibly can.

/Dracus

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Strafing to get in positionals is fine with me. It's what we would have done in a real fight.
Using strafing to exploit lag/out of view is a bit cheap, though i must admit i sometimes use it myself on MoCing lifetappers.

Habemus is a tough fight though and i've yet to beat him on my zerker, but one day i will. :p
Don't usually have any problems with strafers myself. I still get styles in, but it makes it a lot harder to get of styles that are 2nd in a chain, cause i have to spam reactionary/anytime.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
today i met sevral higher rr tanks that ran around in a circle to make me miss backstyle and kept doing that while their caster stood some distance away and nuked me:p It feels like biting on an apple and find out its rotten. But hey...it works for them and got me killed. The tank is prolly not working to be mr fair tank of the year anyhow and just happy to get me down. Sometimes i have to try and think how the oponent think and not always demand they are gonna have exact same views as me...that makes it a lot easier to play without getting too bitter at times.
eb.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
lol u bunch of moaning bastereds. Its not that hard to move backwards is it?

peeps do what they gotta do.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Gotmagi said:
And I can kill him with my unbuffed thane, but that's not the point here.. :D

Let's talk about OP, adding, zerging, strafing thanes then :)

Anyone know a thane?...

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
If i recall correct, the strafing was thought out by Mythic as a feature to have the enemy miss you. I read that in some patch notes or something pretty long time ago. But whether its lame, like popping up and down in the water is a completely other story.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Dracus said:
Imo strafing has nothing to do with skill..its ppl who shouldve been playing wow that are strafing twats...I was very disappointed when playing some of my mid/alb stealthers, to discover how many of the ppl I looked up to as hib stealther, were abusing this poorly designed engine. Strafe shouldnt exist in this game or you should miss a lot more often when strafing. I fought Galid with one of my mid chars(at least I think it was...it was G-summit, high rr) and he was strafing like there were a swarm of bees buzzing around his head, even after he landed side-pos stun.

Its thoroughly disappointing that some ppl need to win at every cost and thus use any trick(bug?) they possibly can.

/Dracus
one thing i like on freeshards strafe chance to miss is like 90%....

illu

Part of the furniture
Habemus is always a tough fight, as all Rangers are, and I can only remember winning once recently when all his tools were down.
The class is pretty OP with it's tools up, so even if he did or didn't strafe, he probably would have won :>

You just have to live with these things. At least he is killable (just about) if you are really lucky :> Now at the moment I'm trying to work out how to kill Horner with his Moc3+LT, SoI, ML9 Pet and DI bodyguarding Buffbot? Now that is a REAL challenge to kill solo in melee :>

Strafers are a pain, but you just have to adapt.

I also need to learn how to kill high RR Nightshades. And Zefs. And another RR6 Infil that destroyed me the other night. I need to go to Shadowblade Training school and learn some new skills!

Oli - Illu

Ging

Part of the furniture
illu said:
Now at the moment I'm trying to work out how to kill Horner with his Moc3+LT, SoI, ML9 Pet and DI bodyguarding Buffbot? Now that is a REAL challenge to kill solo in melee :>

oli,

let me know when u wanna do it, ill chat his bb up and give her a good porking behind a bush and u can perf the fucker whilst he watches a master at work :)

Jeffery

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
so even if he did or didn't strafe, he probably would have won Oli - Illu

TBH i dont care if he wins as long as i got a honest fight ... and if hes so good and a tough ranger why cant he just stand and fuckin fight after gettin his side stun if hes such a hard ranger to beat ?

Dave J.

Banned
ebenezer said:
when you loose a 1 on 1 fight its always frustrating when you have all stuff up and you feel you just get outstrafed....or outspecced:p And what is really fair in a 1 vs 1 fight? I find myself cursing for myself when someone strafes a lot as well sometimes..and even more so when someone specced moblock 5 or so and i cant get a single hit in...is that fair? I dont know, but there is easier to just accept that the game isnt balanced in 1 vs 1 and that its really bag/stone/scissor most of the meetings you have.....then a few fights are really close and you have to use all to win etc...those are the fun fights. i find myself chuckling at times when people with enourmos amounts of moblock etc feel its a fair duel killing me or someone else with lw many times and beckoning me. is it cause they know they win and want the rps...or is it cause they think its a fair and fun fight? I dont think so:) But whatever the reason and however people play acceptance is the way to deal with it. You have some nice fights and you have some you cant win however you use ur "skill" or abilities.
over and out..

Mm.. speccing insanely high defense RA's along with high spec in the same skills, s/s paladins, s/s champs, heretics and the like.. I don't really count that as a fair fight if you are facing a 2hand user ;)

Even worse are the ones that keeps engaging the opponent to wait his stun-immunity out and similar. On that topic, when did they 'boost' engage? I'm rather sure engage in RvR was same as in PvE a few patches ago? As in the "your target has been attacked recently and cannot be engaged" message.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
strafing is fine to get positionals off, i use it on my NS as much as i can. using run through on anyone of the random lolzor caster community is law, love watching them blow moc and not landing one spell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom