H2H savages

barevoose

Fledgling Freddie
H2H is fully str based or str/dex? thansk in advance for reply.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I believe the formula is str + dex/2, from when I was levelling my Savage (and was indeed active!).

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Gizor said:
50% str/50% dex, yes :)
This is not what I said, check your precedence orders. I said str + (dex/2), i.e. strength has a higher impact on H2H than dexterity. The info I found on the VNBoards Savage forum seems to back me up.

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
And when I browsed through the so called "Savage forum" on the VNboards, I only found people saying that it is as I've said it, 50str/50dex, would be nice to see a test of this.

(I misunderstood you because you did not use brackets the first time.)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I am no longer active, and it was some time since I checked this up, so I can't be sure. Check it out for yourself if you want to be certain. As for my initial formula, please note that "str + dex / 2" and "str + (dex / 2)" evaluates to the same if you use standard operator precedence rules--I added the (redundant) brackets to reduce confusion. ;)

remi

Fledgling Freddie
must be (str + dex) /2

kobbies got more WS then norses (higher dex and lower str then norses).

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
I am no longer active, and it was some time since I checked this up, so I can't be sure. Check it out for yourself if you want to be certain. As for my initial formula, please note that "str + dex / 2" and "str + (dex / 2)" evaluates to the same if you use standard operator precedence rules--I added the (redundant) brackets to reduce confusion. ;)

Sure it is, but when I read through this post fast, I read it wrong :) which I probably would not have done if you had added brackets at first, though as you say its not wrong to write it without parenthesis, anyways, enough about that :) (^^bla bla bla, bad sentences, but hope you get my point :p)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
remi said:
kobbies got more WS then norses (higher dex and lower str then norses).
Hmm, that's odd. Doesn't Norse have 70 strength and 50 dexterity, whereas Kobolds have 50 strength and 70 dexterity? That would mean they had the same average of the two attributes (60), and should thus have the same weaponskill if it is indeed (str + dex)/2.

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
Mm

Race STR CON DEX QUI
Kobold 50 50 70 70
Norseman 70 70 50 50

(Edit: removed stats that are not interesting for a savage)

Kedoz

Fledgling Freddie
Well if you read that post closely you notice that he say's that the evade calc is dex + quick/2 as well.Since the quick cap is 250 that would limit evade alot. Last time i checked it is ( dex + quick ) / 2 not what he said. Im sure he just didnt think about that ppl might missunderstand what he wrote. Im pretty sure a savage WS is ( dex + str ) / 2.

That means that you will pretty much end up at the same result no matter wich race you pick dmg wise, a kobby will ofc evade more, since they have higher dex\quick.

If I have enough time tomorrow I'll try it out. Only test I can think of is if you first buff up str and look at the WS, then do the same with dex. The WS should end up at the same if the ( dex + str ) / 2 calc is correct.

Kedoz

Fledgling Freddie
Did the test I said I would, and it turned out that its (str + dex)\2.

Unbuffed WS : 1155
w/str baseline buffs :1257
w/dex baseline buffs :1257
w/all buffs : 1688

Also made sure that the buffs gave the same bonus and they did, bouth base lines gave 62 to stats.
Hope this cleared up the problem :)

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Kedoz said:
Did the test I said I would, and it turned out that its (str + dex)\2.

Unbuffed WS : 1155
w/str baseline buffs :1257
w/dex baseline buffs :1257
w/all buffs : 1688

Also made sure that the buffs gave the same bonus and they did, bouth base lines gave 62 to stats.
Hope this cleared up the problem :)

Bit curious... does this apply to both slash and thrust weapons? or did you only test with thrust?

Kedoz

Fledgling Freddie
I only tested with slash ;p Dont have trusters on me atm, but im pretty sure its the sam for a ll h2h weaps. Ill do another test just to be sure, expect a new reply by the end of the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom