Guns

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
Just thought I would make a thread about guns, due to the high death rate amongst teenagers; 16 killed under the age of thirteen:( now if you get caught with a gun it's 5 years imprisonment. Think thats long enough? what would you like to see on this matter? discuss

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bit harsh for getting caught with a gun(i'm guessing illegal gun here). I'd say a healthy fine and a lil trip to local jail would suffice.

Now shooting people with it, sure, why not. 5 years seems fair.

If the guy hits, well, then it's the usual murder etc thingy.

Gun freedom should become a total freedom, if people want to shoot eachother with ballistic missiles, let 'em. As long as they screen the owners and check up on gunowners afterwards.

Gamah

Banned
wtf? 5 years for shooting someone? are you a fucking loon?

I wouldn't want to live in your liberal country, once again your proving that you're a bloody pratt.

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Gun freedom should become a total freedom, if people want to shoot eachother with ballistic missiles, let 'em.

It's been hinted at already in the above replies, but what the holy fucking christ :| lol

Olgaline

FH is my second home
why would you even want to own a handgun anyway ?
protection ? statisticly your more likely to get shot with your own damn gun than it doing you any good, so again why!?

noblok

Part of the furniture
why would you even want to own a handgun anyway ?
protection ? statisticly your more likely to get shot with your own damn gun than it doing you any good, so again why!?
Because much like every driver has above average driving skills, everyone who owns a handgun won't ever let that happen to them, I guess.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Bit harsh for getting caught with a gun(i'm guessing illegal gun here). I'd say a healthy fine and a lil trip to local jail would suffice.
what is the reason for having an illigal gun exactly? criminal actions most likely so big punishment is fine imo

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Cut their hands off so they can't use weapons anymore insted!!!

... Wait then they could just make attachments to their arms... hmm cut thier arms off!!

... But but but... then they could just attach guns insted of arms...

Very simple, kill them !!! DEATH PENALTY !!

soze

I am a FH squatter

This is one of the few laws the UK have right they can not and should not take a softly softly approach with guns. Its not like drugs these things are only meant to kill people if anything i would like to see an attempted murder sentance on carrying a gun.

Just a shame the same kids get away with carrying guns because of how young they are its no wonder the drug deals have kids carrying weapons.

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie

I wouldn't want to live in your liberal country, once again your proving that you're a bloody pratt.
Read it again were does it say 5 years for shooting someone?

are you a fucking loon?

5years if caught with a gun no ifs or buts /wave take him down

I think they should get 10 years imo

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief

lol.

yeh there is no reason to be carrying a gun unless its for sport etc so they can make it as illegal and as punishable as they want for all i care.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
If they made the penalty for carrying a gun in this country really severe (i.e. 10 years plus rather than 5 years out after 2 with good behaviour) then I really think that gun crime would lessen.

Obviously you'd need the policing to back that up, but these things would have to go hand in hand.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Read it again were does it say 5 years for shooting someone?

are you a fucking loon?
old.Tohtori said:
Now shooting people with it, sure, why not. 5 years seems fair.
:cool: He meant trying to shoot someone but missing btw.

No idea about the situation in UK but here in Finland guns aint a problem so 5 years for just getting caught with a gun sounds idiotic. If lots of people are getting killed by firearms in UK then sure, hang them for all I care :p

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
Depends on the situation for killing someone it's more like 15-25 years in the uk

But if i was to get drunk run some body over in a car i would get 6 mounths if lucky

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Why should the sentence for shooting someone but being a crap shot, or unlucky be less than that for shooting and hitting someone?

In all honesty, guns aren't really a problem in the UK except in a couple of very distinct sub-cultures, in which they are rife. It is these communities/groups that need heavier policing. More importantly, they need to find out where the hell these guns are coming from, and stop them.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Carrying a gun 50 years, using a gun illegaly death penalty. Problem solved within a generation.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Incidently the media make out guns are much more of an issue in the UK than they actually are.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Why should the sentence for shooting someone but being a crap shot, or unlucky be less than that for shooting and hitting someone?
Same sentence from scaring someone, wounding someone and killing someone? Surely you are kidding? Does the same logic work on all the crimes?

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Same sentence from scaring someone, wounding someone and killing someone? Surely you are kidding? Does the same logic work on all the crimes?

If the intent is the same, then why should the sentence vary? If you shoot to kill and miss, why should you get less than if you shoot to kill and hit?

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
attempted muder is diffrent in the eyes of the law than murder it's self

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
If the intent is the same, then why should the sentence vary? If you shoot to kill and miss, why should you get less than if you shoot to kill and hit?
Because you didn't actually kill anyone? "Attempt of x" should be removed from the law? Or is there such an thing in UK-law anyway? Longer sentence from trying to kill someone but failing than from killing someone by accident? Or same sentence from killing someone regardless?

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
The sentence for attempted murder is less than for murder in the UK, but my personal logic doesn't understand that. The issue is, that people don't always tell the truth.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
theres been 7 teens/kids killed in the uk this year by shooting, i dont know how many died through stabbing or child abuse but ill make a guess that its more, the thing is people will find ways to kill other people no matter what.

they keep having knife amnestys which i think is utter crap because you can kill someone with a housebrick just as well (a fork come to that), one thing that i have noticed though is that no one is blaming the community or (gasp!!) the gun culture that is glamorised by rap (well come on tbh it is isnt it i mean its true rappers do make guns sound really really cool and people who use guns must also be really cool) i hear all these tossers on telly goig on about "ooh but its because these kids have nothing to do that they shoot eachother" or "ooh its because its a deprived area with high unemployment" well newsflash when i was a kid there was nothing to do either but i didnt shoot anyone

and yeah maybe deprived areas and unemployment is a factor because you dont tend to see middle class white kids busting caps at eachother (theyre all off playing polo) so maybe rather than waisting time being all friendly and caring the police shuld make a higher presence in these areas break up gangs (thats another thing where the hell did these gans comes from they were not abut when i was a kid a gang was a bunch of kids drinking diamond white at a bus stop and maybe writing swears on walls but not killing eachother... another american influence maybe?)

aaaand another thing all the perps (LA Law!!) are flipping kids, is this maybe beause they know they can do whatever the hell they want and just et a slap ont he wrist and a nice lawyer frm liberty to defend their human rights, we need to come down on these little shit heads as hard as possible, guns arnt bad, they are a tool you use them to kill things which isnt a nice reason for them to exist but they are just metal and not evil, the people who misuse them are and need to be locked up for everyones safety.

i see that poor bloody 11 year old on the news and its just dreadful beyond words but then in the same section i see a paedophile has got let off for 25 counts of child abuse (one on an 18 month old) and i think to myself there really is no justice, no wonder this country is so crap peoples arnt afraid or respectful of the law its a bloody clusterfuck.

fin

any relevant points made in the above rant were purely coincidental...no animals were harmed in the making of this post.

tris-

i dont think you should blame music etc for people using guns (i assume you were being serious :p). its upto the individual if they decide to kill someone, not DMX when hes telling bitches to move out his way. its like saying computer games make you kill people too, bull shit. what makes you kill people is shooting a loaded gun at someone.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
no im not saying "The rappers Are Responsible!!" but they have glamourised it, honestly they have havent they, i mean when i was a kid the only people i knew with guns were rather dyspeptic looking farmers and tbh they really were not cool, but these days you got all these muscled sexy guys with guns shoved down their low riding jeans *drool* and well... it is sexy and it is glamerous.

in the 80s i never saw any teenagers wearing wellies and barbour jackets brandishing shot guns yelling in a thick dorset accent "Gerrorf moy laaaaand!!" but now you go out and all the kids are wearing their basketball shirts, gold chains the size of bike chains baggy troosers and not the kind madness sang about either, and this is bournemouth man not the bronx! so really you would have to conclude that yes the ganster image has had a serius influence over these kids

Gamah

Banned
Fact is as shit as it was violent crime is no where near was it was in the 90's.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
The sentence for attempted murder is less than for murder in the UK, but my personal logic doesn't understand that. The issue is, that people don't always tell the truth.

its the thought that counts, imo.

and the major problem i have, is not the sentencing, its the "your going to prison for 10-15 years", where you can watch TV, do what u want, then be out for "good behaviour" sooner than youd think.

tris-

no im not saying "The rappers Are Responsible!!" but they have glamourised it, honestly they have havent they

but do you think glamourising guns is what is causing an increase in their use?

i dont think they glamourise them. to me the way they sing about them is showing the negative sides of violence.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
:cool: He meant trying to shoot someone but missing btw.

No idea about the situation in UK but here in Finland guns aint a problem so 5 years for just getting caught with a gun sounds idiotic. If lots of people are getting killed by firearms in UK then sure, hang them for all I care :p

Thank you for that.

Jesus bloody mary and josef on a donkey, learn to read people.

Carrying a gun= a fine and gun taken.
Firing a gun= 5 years perhaps.
Shooting someone= If the guy doesn't die, then attempted murder?

Also, own what gun you want, WITH a permit with good screaning.

But people read it ass "WTF?! You want to go easy on murderersorz!!!1".

Because the law doesn't look at "intent". You accidently shoot your hunting rifle at home, you tried to kill your wife surely, so off to the prison you go for murder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom