Gulp..

S

Sawtooth

Im having to give a presentation today. Hate talking but hopefully I'll get through this.

L

~Lazarus~

heres a little tip:

Imagine EVERYONE in the audience sitting on the toilet with their trousers/skirts round their ankles.

Not quite so scary now eh?

AND you get some gruesome mental images.

E

ECA

I have teh cracked the art of not being nervous doing public speaking :-]

Just imagine your slightly pissed and go on a rant in front of yer mates.

Works for me tbfh.

G

granny

The other thing to remember about public speaking is that it's not life threatening. I mean, most people list public speaking as one of their greatest fears but what's the worst that can happen? You bore everyone shitless and stammer a bit. Not like you're going to get mauled savagely and bleed slowly & painfully to death is it (unless your presentation is quite astonishingly bad.....)? So relax and you'll be fine :)

Oh and practise. Lots and lots of practise. If you can't give a decent presentation infront of the dog you've not got much chance infront of a crowd of people eh? :p

W

whipped

Just watch some old videos of Hilter at Nuremberg. He may have been a bit of a git, but he sure was one hell of a public speaker.

D

doh_boy

You're not alone, apprently, the NF(or BNP as they're now known) have just notched up another seat. :/

J

Johnny Bravo

Originally posted by ~Lazarus~
Imagine EVERYONE in the audience sitting on the toilet with their trousers/skirts round their ankles.

Until you find yourself focusing on that hot blonde at the front a little too much........then suddenly realise your standing in front of your audience with a bonar :eek: :D

Completely the wrong kinda standing ovation your after ;)

E

ECA

Originally posted by Johnny Bravo

Until you find yourself focusing on that hot blonde at the front a little too much........then suddenly realise your standing in front of your audience with a bonar :eek: :D

Completely the wrong kinda standing ovation your after ;)

I guess that would depend on the venue and audience.

J

Johnny Bravo

Originally posted by ECA

I guess that would depend on the venue and audience.

Wild assumption but I don't believe his presentation is to the participants of the Houston 500 :rolleyes: :D

S

slapmesilly..

Originally posted by Johnny Bravo

Wild assumption but I don't believe his presentation is to the participants of the Houston 500 :rolleyes: :D

ARE YOU THE REAL JOHNNY BRAVO?!?!? :scared:

J

Johnny Bravo

Originally posted by slapmesilly..

ARE YOU THE REAL JOHNNY BRAVO?!?!? :scared:

I'm not sure how to break this to ya kid, but Johnny Bravo isn't real. He's a cartoon ;)

Actually I guess in that case I am the real Johnny Bravo ;) :D

S

slapmesilly..

YAY!! the real johnny.!

please tell me, how do you make the chicks dig you?

OMG I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN!!

Amanda's%20Waiter%20-%20Johnny%20Bravo.JPG

^ME^

S

Summo

Hey, slapmesilly! I like you a lot! Will you be my wife?

W

Will

But Summo, you promised you'd only take 3 more wives after me.:eek:

S

Sawtooth

Thank god thats over....phew.

I had one of those pause moments when your brain locks and the seconds stretch into minutes or so it seems.

Thats a weird feeling.

Plus I got the tougue sweeling up feeling and sticking to the roof of my mouth. Feels like im Marlon Brando in the Godfather with my mouth stuffed with cotton balls.

We had a presentation from some "Commercial Vice President"

He talked about Vision statements??? Sounded a bit like the marketing guys off Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy discussing whether fire should be fitted nasally.

Made me feel better when I saw someone talking bollox.

E

Embattle

I can remember doing more than 20 presentations....I always shat myself in the run up to my turn :)

S

Sawtooth

Yeah I get to do a big talk once every 1 or 2 years. I generally give talks to smaller groups (10-15 people and thats not so bad as I work with them) This last one was in front of the guy who owns the multi million dollar company I work (ed?) for and the senior management hype it up.
Thats what makes me nervous, oh and having my entire presentation vetted the day before, stripped down and rearranged.

Cant really practice it much when that happens.

S

S-Gray

I hate making/doing presentations... im not really good under pressure... and dont like being the centre of attention among large crowds

M

Mellow-

Maybe if you got off your fat arse and went out of your house more often you'd get some confidence. Scrotum tearer.

S

S-Gray

Oh im so hurt.

No i was actually speaking about when i was in College...

Scrotum Tearer... well thats a new er insult.. well played son, you're getting there for being one of the biggest arses on the forums, clap clap and all that old chap.

O

old.Kez

Originally posted by Mellow-
Maybe if you got off your fat arse and went out of your house more often you'd get some confidence. Scrotum tearer.
Mellow is hill-arr-ee-oos.

:DDDD

M

Mellow-

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]
Oh im so hurt.

No i was actually speaking about when i was in College...

Scrotum Tearer... well thats a new er insult.. well played son, you're getting there for being one of the biggest arses on the forums, clap clap and all that old chap.

You so are hurt, otherwise you wouldn't have responded. Don't call me son, buttplug.

S

S-Gray

Buttplug..... no.. think that ones already taken too (WPKenny?) Cant you be original instead of nicking other peoples sayings?

Guess not, taataa

/edit

Anyway, whats all this "get out house more often" i think its kinda bullshit, you dont know me so why you so quick to snipe?
Oh wait let me guess, its because you wanna look big infront of the guys who flame alot?

"Oh look, kekeekek he flamed Super_Gray[SG] HES SO COOL =)

Users who are viewing this thread