News Guilty until proven innocent

Ormorof

FH is my second home
You shouldn't worry if you have nothing to hide.

That would be fine if the people handling the data were all wonderful angels with no agenda

unfortunately humans are assholes and this will be abused, as it always does - absolute power corrupts absolutely ;)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I sometime wake up in the night in a sweat imagining that Google has sent my entire search history to the wife in the post, imagine if they did that, what's to stop them?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Does anyone who disliked my post have Facebook? if so then it really is hypocrisy at it's finest.

Facebook is actually a lot worse than this, since your data is pretty much everywhere without you actually being in custody in the first place.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I wasn't aware that Facebook stored my call data, texts, contacts, photographs, diary, or anything else I keep on my phone.

I wonder how the police will react when people lock their phones down with Cerberus or similar. Their gadgets won't be worth shit then.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I wasn't aware that Facebook stored my call data, texts, contacts, photographs, diary, or anything else I keep on my phone.

I wonder how the police will react when people lock their phones down with Cerberus or similar. Their gadgets won't be worth shit then.

A Facebook wall is pretty much a diary for a lot of people and the photographs.. well.. they are of course available and I bet Facebook also save your personal conversations you have with people on there..

So Facebook have your name/phone number/address/friends names/your interests/tons and tons and tons of information about you which was posted by you/photographs/relationship history and a lot more.. and a lot of that data is accessibly by ANYONE..

And I trust the Police much more than I trust Facebook......

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Either you're an obvious troll or a massive retard Keitanz.

No. I don't do social networking. Other than the going out and talking to people IRL networking. FH is as far as it goes online for me.

Edit: Anyway - anyone care to diss the European Court of Human Rights again or is the only body that may be able to stop our governments doing this still "too expensive" or "trivial" - I bet our goverment's view is that to take this to the ECHR would be both trivial and expensive.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
No. I don't do social networking. Other than the going out and talking to people IRL networking. FH is as far as it goes online for me.

Good then, then my last post doesn't apply to you.. but I can guarantee that most of the people who disliked that post put a lot of shit about themselves on Facebook every day.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
There is a lot of thought crime in this thread.

Don't know about you guys but I intended to end up in one of the NICER "encouraged labor" factory's!

-Jeros (Civilian 2381459)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Noted one little thing in that article;

"to extract mobile phone data from suspects held in custody."

Not like the average joe has anything to worry about.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah because the police always get it right.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nothing to do with police paranoia or anything like that, just saying that it's not like the government sneaks into your house at night and sees what's what.

Though this topic isn't good for discussion since i've seen the attitude towards authority from the UK folk around here :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well the government want to read all our emails and texts, they now want to take all our contact information regardless of whether we are a criminal or not...plus DNA which they already take and keep on file. Plus the totally retarded amount of CCTV we have all over the place.

I saw a news report regarding a special CCTV unit that has been set up to stop metal theft from railway lines, they interviewed them in their control centre. Every single camera was pointed at train station platforms...it's not like the criminals will walk into a trainstation and steal the rails is it?

The British police are useless, you may be blessed in Finland with police who do it for good reasons. However, we seem to be lumbered with people who have some sort of chip on their shoulder and probably couldn't find a job where they were allowed to be utter cunts for a living elsewhere. This isn't all police though, some of the CID police are great and do a really tough job but the ones in uniform who never make it past PC are dicks.

Anyway, this big brother shit goes deeper than the police, it goes right to the top, regardless of political party...anyone would think it is not the government pulling the strings?!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Mixed feelings. Bar some horrible attempts at flirting there is nothing damning on my phone so i do not care overly. But I do understand it is a invasion of privacy and a lot of people take that a lot more seriously so I can see why it is a bad idea. But then if this data is used to solve a murder or a rape or some such crime I could easily swing to think its OK. Until they start taking you to the station because you have a certain kind of phone just to try and trap you it is not really be abused.

Job

The facebook mobile app accesses your GPS for 'fine positioning' as they call it, you can't disable it and you agree to it in the small print, on my Desire HD, you can't even delete the app, it comes packaged from HTC with spyware included, we are slowly selling ourselves to the corporations, luckily they're only after your money, it could be worse.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
However, we seem to be lumbered with people who have some sort of chip on their shoulder and probably couldn't find a job where they were allowed to be utter cunts for a living elsewhere.

Yeah didn't mean to say that you're pararaging without a reason, from all i've read you've really got a big brother country going along and getting more so. Just wondering, how many of the people on this forum have been arrested as suspects to a crime and as such, how common would this be to be a -big- problem.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I can't see what all the fuss is about. If you're not a criminal you've got nothing to fear.

Police can be however retarded you think, but if you've got nothing to hide, what does it matter if they read a text saying "yeah let's have a pokey bum wank tonight dad".

soze

I am a FH squatter
I can't see what all the fuss is about. If you're not a criminal you've got nothing to fear.

Police can be however retarded you think, but if you've got nothing to hide, what does it matter if they read a text saying "yeah let's have a pokey bum wank tonight dad".
Well incest is illegal and can result in prison time ;)

Job

The 'nothing to hide' is the mother of all, unenlightened statements.
Every government in the world spends every hour of every day trying find out everything you do, so they can use it against you when the need arises, you quite simply have EVERYTHING to hide and attempting to do so is becoming harder and harder everyday.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
A Facebook wall is pretty much a diary for a lot of people and the photographs.. well.. they are of course available and I bet Facebook also save your personal conversations you have with people on there..

So Facebook have your name/phone number/address/friends names/your interests/tons and tons and tons of information about you which was posted by you/photographs/relationship history and a lot more.. and a lot of that data is accessibly by ANYONE..

And I trust the Police much more than I trust Facebook......

Right, so obviously you'll be able to present an example of the police or security services using this information for nefarious purposes.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just have to accept that it's the cost of living under someone elses roof. Their house, their rules.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Job said:
The 'nothing to hide' is the mother of all, unenlightened statements.
Every government in the world spends every hour of every day trying find out everything you do, so they can use it against you when the need arises, you quite simply have EVERYTHING to hide and attempting to do so is becoming harder and harder everyday.

Such as? What do the government want to use against me?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Such as? What do the government want to use against me?

It's the paranoia i was takling about, which is understandable when living in such a world. To outsiders it looks ridicilous "My phone? There's nothing to hide there", but to someone who lives in a state that's a step away from military run concentration camps for sexters, your phonecall to public transport might look like a "terrorist planning".

Tom

I am a FH squatter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom