Guild Wars - New Hib Guild Tournament, Sign Up Now!

A

adari

Originally posted by Dodgy Geeza
I think the capture the flag idea is excellent, but I think its something totally different from what this competition is about.
This is meant to be RvR effectiveness...in as close to real RvR situation as we can get.

Its really a great idea tho, why don't you send GOA questions about it - it could be the next event. You never know Mythic might introduce CTF BG =) hehe.

Would have to take the doors off the keep tho, for faster action etc =) I for one would be in there 24x7.

Also, I think that RA's are very important in RvR - do you think we should lose just the active RA's such as GP, Moc - or all passives too ?
If personally think we should have them all - and re-activated if possible.

DG

Yes RA's are important, especially in the last rounds between the few left over guilds, we will wait for them to become active again or if possible ask goa to reset them. If this isn't possible we shouldn't bother with waiting for them the first rounds to select the winners of the pools. I plan on those matches to be quickly done with etc, it is kind of exciting if you're playing a few matches in a row and you don't know whether you should save your RA's for later or use em now, I think.

As far as the CTF thing, yea it's a good idea I think too. However, adjusting the ck and stuff is prolly something that requires a whole lot more coding than just making two parties able to fight eachother I reckon. Ill see what I can get to know about this :p If it's even technically possible, if so it would be great to have an event such as that in the future.

D

Dodgy Geeza

I don't think it would be that difficult to create a CTF BG, they have the relics code - which is basically what it is...
CTF is a mini relic raid...replace relic with a coloured flag =/
Green hib, red alb, etc.
It can't take long to remove a couple of doors...

I like the idea of not resetting/waiting for RA's in the early rounds - especially if groups know who they are facing next =)

K

Kicks

Sign Chosen up for it, think we have enough suicidal ppl to go up against DH etc :)

O

old.Gobarnachta

Originally posted by Dodgy Geeza
This is meant to be RvR effectiveness...in as close to real RvR situation as we can get.

Also, I think that RA's are very important in RvR - do you think we should lose just the active RA's such as GP, Moc - or all passives too ?
I personally think we should have them all - and re-activated if possible.

DG

This is an event and it should be something out of ordinary I think. Atleast I would like to have as much difference in this than in normal RvR fights nowdays as we can get and eliminating RAs off would have some vintage glamour in it aswell with bringing memories of old times before RAs were introduced in EU-daoc :p not to mention how much it would balance chances and give fair and even fights no matter ones realm level as stated in my first reply here.

D

Dodgy Geeza

Well if its an event - and not just a 'best hib rvr group' competition, I would agree with you.
I would actually prefer to play a capture the flag event...

Scenario...for anyone living under a bridge for the last 5 years.

2 small keeps (like outpost keeps), opposite sides of a river with a few small bridges...etc
Could even be some tunnels, like dungeons under the river.
There is a flag in the lords room...
Idea is to defend your flag, and retrieve the enemy flag and bring it back to your keep. Your flag has to be present in the room to score a point.

If you die, you can be rezzed - but could also release to be 'spawned' inside the keep area - dunno about rez sickness.

Best out of 5 - or set a time limit.

But if this was actually done - I don't think I would play regular RvR ever again! =)

DG

D

Dodgy Geeza

Originally posted by xfear
can a guild bring 2 GG ?, for example 1 mage GG and other tank GG , Guildgroup A , and Guildgroup B

Adari,
I think that we should allow more than 1fg per guild, otherwise this is gonna exclude a lot of people.
Especially in guilds where we have lots of people, the leet ppl are gonna be chosen first.
An event should be for all of hib to enjoy...
I know it might take a bit more organising - and take longer to complete, but I think more people would be involved.
Just my opinion ofc, what do you think ?

DG

O

old.Xanthian

If the arena is anything like the one used on the tourny held in Midgard on 1 of the German severs, the fights will be over in seconds.

Insta Mezz, MoC, Pbaoe..

It HAS to be a large arena where you CANT see your enemy to start with. Such as BG :p

And also, having an audience will make it pretty unplayable, the lag will be horrendous with most of Hib watching.
Wouldnt it be best if somebody (ie the ref?) filmed it using fraps, then posted them all after the tourny..

D

Dodgy Geeza

Originally posted by old.Xanthian
If the arena is anything like the one used on the tourny held in Midgard on 1 of the German severs, the fights will be over in seconds.

Insta Mezz, MoC, Pbaoe..

It HAS to be a large arena where you CANT see your enemy to start with. Such as BG :p

And also, having an audience will make it pretty unplayable, the lag will be horrendous with most of Hib watching.
Wouldnt it be best if somebody (ie the ref?) filmed it using fraps, then posted them all after the tourny..

Why I suggested BG, and home made vids =)
Glad you read all the posts inbetween the first and last, hehe.

DG

O

ola-

If you take away the ability to use active RAs, you also need to take away passive RAs IMO. Some classes benefit alot more than other classes from passives (*hint* determination 5 cant be compared to any passive RA mages/support/stealthers get. So the tanks would be able to ignore the mezz like nothing while mages/support/stealthers will stand there for 30sec+ which would be kinda boring when you have to watch tanks gank everything while you cant do anything).

P

pompejus_1

guild wars

WATCH OUT

FANTASY will come and MAKE YOUR DAY

Pompejus Uber ranger
Scipioo Uber chanter
Gracchuss not uber yet
Spartacus not Uber yet
Karthago not Uber yet
Ciceroo not uber yet

D

Dodgy Geeza

Originally posted by ola-
If you take away the ability to use active RAs, you also need to take away passive RAs IMO. Some classes benefit alot more than other classes from passives (*hint* determination 5 cant be compared to any passive RA mages/support/stealthers get. So the tanks would be able to ignore the mezz like nothing while mages/support/stealthers will stand there for 30sec+ which would be kinda boring when you have to watch tanks gank everything while you cant do anything).

I totally agree...
We should use all RA's - higher RR should benefit from their 50+ hours RvR or whatever...

O

old.Gobarnachta

Ola if you take a good look back there you can see this...

if we choose to eliminate RAs (active and passive!) from participants during event

Xan, arena for this event with size of whole zone is still quite hilarious as is small box where you can't go over 1500 range off enemy...I ment area that has size where you barely can see opponent all the time which would allow spectators aswell...if you still get your group aoe mezzed and pbaoe'd to death you might want to think what I ment with saying: "...get caught running around in /stick-train". Visual range (non stealth/clear weather/open field etc) in this game should be around 4000 I have never bothered to figure out how much is it exactly but it sure as hell gives you time to act and spread around...not to mention question how we handle beginning of these matches do we get to place our group in field with time before it starts or do we have some entry-point to battlefield which opens for both teams when match begins yet there still is time for tact which includes spreading around unless you want to have whole team inside aoe range.

Ofcourse I am not talking about CTF with any other remarks than where I mention it and as DG has stated it is completely different thing than event Adari came up with and needs loads of more time and resources from GoA so as stated before if they go along with this first then we can try to push them further :p .

About RAs I still think they should not be allowed IF GOA goes along with this and disables both active and passive RAs and that was my only point I wanted to make since first reply kthxbye ;)

-Gob

E

Evinagh

will be impossible for a tankgrp to win vs rr10 castergrp =(

F

finbahr

Originally posted by Evinagh
will be impossible for a tankgrp to win vs rr10 castergrp =(

would it be poss for a caster grp to win Vs rr10 tank grp?

and please add fatasy to the list we are shite but we come for the fun and a chance to maybe win 1 fight

O

ola-

Originally posted by old.Gobarnachta
Ola if you take a good look back there you can see this...

Sorry, didnt read all.. just read some reply, I know Im lazy :p

A

adari

Ok, time for some news.

The Arena

Since the tournament is a hib thing, the arena will have to be in hib. Hence using BG2 is not an option, also because the spectators wouldnt have any fun at all if they can't.... spectate.

However, the arena WILL have obstacles, like hills, trees, etc. It will be a location comparable to rvr areas with a nice place for the crowd to see who's getting slaughtered. Once I can, I will let you know where it will be.

RA's and matches

RA's can not be reset or disabled. Personally I was against either myself so it doesn't bother me much. If the guilds keep on signing up we will have pools etc. When playing kickoff matches RA's are allowed, however, the first rounds will be quick matches in a row hence you will never know if you will need to use RA's later or not. This is what makes it kind of exciting imo. Anyways, after the winners of the pools have been selected the matches onwards will be played with all active ra's up at the beginning of a battle. I will schedule the matches in a way there will be minimal waiting time, once again, when the sign up period has ended (after the weekend) I'll let you know exactly how we're gonna do this when I know the number of guilds participating.

A

adari

Apparently, 5 rr2 guilds have contacted some1 to tell me it's unfair that there are rr9 guilds in the list that they wont be able to beat, yet they don't want to be named.

Whoever you are, if you pm me and talk to me we will be able to find a solution together that pleases everyone.

If you don't pm me, or don't put efforts into contacting me or talking to me about it I will not bother myself. I can not spoon feed every1 and ask if everything is to every member of the realms liking.

X

xfear

lvl me up to RR10 too xDDDDDD, a GM can do it :D

<-------- joke ^^

A

adari

Come on people! :p It's just for fun. Unfortunately RR had to drop out. We have got an ok number of participants but I'd rather have a few more. What about Vigi, PDC, CBH, TdMM, DA, HoF, etc. etc. ? ;f

I'll try to contact more gm's myself. Sign up period should be ending soon.

D

Divinia

Originally posted by adari
Come on people! :p It's just for fun. Unfortunately RR had to drop out. We have got an ok number of participants but I'd rather have a few more. What about Vigi, PDC, CBH, TdMM, DA, HoF, etc. etc. ? ;f

I'll try to contact more gm's myself. Sign up period should be ending soon.

maybe if some guilds could sign up two independent grps, like leetRVRgd#1 and leetRVRgg#2

H

Hestetun

very good idea Adari :) nerf u for not getting it before :< I so wanna be there too :)

A

adari

Originally posted by Hestetun
very good idea Adari :) nerf u for not getting it before :< I so wanna be there too :)

hestet!

hows the army? :p

H

Herbal Remedy

hum unless im being really retarded:( how exactly are u going to get fgs to duel each other? Did i miss some /group duel command or something or is it 1 vs 1 class by class fights? (ie 8 seperate duels)

O

ola-

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy
hum unless im being really retarded:( how exactly are u going to get fgs to duel each other? Did i miss some /group duel command or something or is it 1 vs 1 class by class fights? (ie 8 seperate duels)

He asks GoA to help him ?

A

adari

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy

Goa will assist

About the tournament, I haven't had time this week to organise it due to exams.

I'm still trying to bribe... I mean convince other guilds to join the tournament, the sign up period will end on monday morning.

The schedules and dates will be in a new thread on tuesday or wednesday.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread