Guild Wars - New Hib Guild Tournament, Sign Up Now!

A

adari

Hello der,

As you might have guessed, I am organising a tournament in hib in which our hib guilds will be able to fight eachother. Each guild that signs up will be able to select a fg and enter the tournament with these 8 players to join the fight to win the grand Guild Wars.

However, before I start working on all that is needed to make it happen, I will have to have a number of guilds signed up first to see if there is enough interest in this. This way I won't be wasting my time and GOA's time on organising soemthing that won't be fun anyway since no one wants to participate.

Though, as soon as we have 8 or more guilds interested I'm positive we can make it a fun evening and I will be organising it and planning it asap from that point.

Currently, we have the following guilds:

1. Celtic Fist
2. Llaw Arian
3. Dem Hibbies
4. Club Raki Turkye
5. Dark Order
6. Bad Omen
7. Post Mortem
8. Chosen
9. Fantasy
10. Vengeance
11. Terra Dominus

Current ruleset

- The fights will be hold in a special arena.
- Spectators are not allowed to enter the arena during fights.
- Fighting groups are not allowed to leave the area while in battle.
- Characters not in the group are not allowed to do anythign this might help the group in combat.

- RA's allowed.

- Each guild will be able to enter with one fg oly.
- A list of players will have to be given to me in advance with one or two backup players for each class in the guild group in case a member ld's and does not come back or any other kind of problem happens.

- Each guild will pay a small entering price, this is one of the prizes for the winners of the tournament.
- Apart from that I hope to have a few galla items and other stuff as prizes as well as something for the worst guild :p

- I will place all the guilds in pools, after the knockout rounds the winners of the pools will battle for winning the tournament.

These are the current rules, I might modify rules and most likely add new rules as I get more and better ideas.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please either contact me ingame, on irc (qnet #celticfist) or make a new thread, do not use this thread for anything else than signing up please.

During this event there might be other small events to keep spectators bored of watching entertained.

Obviously GOA will assist technically if there are enough players interested.

When I notice there are enough players I will pick a date and send out confirmation e-mails.

So start signing up!

-Adari

X

xfear

can a guild bring 2 GG ?, for example 1 mage GG and other tank GG , Guildgroup A , and Guildgroup B

A

adari

I dont think so.

it would be unfair to guilds that cannot provide two or more types of groups, since their opponent can switch to whatever they think is better to fight with when theyve seen the only gg setup of the opponent.

X

xfear

But i dont mean a Guildgroup B for backup, i mean that the guildgroup B will be a new participant, and for example, guildgroup A and guildgroup B can meet each other in battle and fight each other

this only if we can fight people from the same realm, like if it would be a PvP server, would be great to see 2 GG from the same guild, fighting to see what FG is the best tbh xD

A

adari

Originally posted by xfear
But i dont mean a Guildgroup B for backup, i mean that the guildgroup B will be a new participant, and for example, guildgroup A and guildgroup B can meet each other in battle and fight each other

this only if we can fight people from the same realm, like if it is a PvP server, would be great to see 2 GG from the same guild, fighting to see what FG is the best tbh xD

I will have to think about that.

Let's just say, if we cannot get 8-10 spots filled with different guilds I will accept two teams from one guild that are willing to fight eachother, etc.

V

vintervargen

its not possible to do this for all 3 realms together i guess?

might be ppl that dont wanna loose against realmmates because they risk to loose and might be "embarassed" about it ;)

A

adari

Originally posted by vintervargen
its not possible to do this for all 3 realms together i guess?

might be ppl that dont wanna loose against realmmates because they risk to loose and might be "embarassed" about it ;)

that would be a massive tournament that i wont be able to organise :p so many rules and so hard to supervise it with so many parties and i wouldnt dare thinkign about the lag :p apart fromt hat i dont think goa is fond of doing stuff that includes more than one realm as it wouldnt fit in the story

O

ola-

Buffbots or any char doing anything to help you who is outside group wont be allowed, right? :)

V

vintervargen

would be fun to see a stealtherguild get 1fg NS's or such :D

hmm or an animist grp.

cause you start at range in a closed area yes? :p

A

adari

The arena will offer max range for both parties in order to have a fair situation

L

liloe

nice idea, will try to convince the guild =)

abour RA's: will every fight start with full abilities up or is it at your own risk which ones you loose (that might be a bit unfair if you get lucky and have a longer rest time till next fight.

A

Asq

Awesome idea... I'll start checking with guildies as well :)

A

adari

Originally posted by liloe
nice idea, will try to convince the guild =)

abour RA's: will every fight start with full abilities up or is it at your own risk which ones you loose (that might be a bit unfair if you get lucky and have a longer rest time till next fight.

It depends on how many people want to join. If there's lots of people I will not wait for ra's in the kickoff rounds, which will make it more exciting anyways since you know you might need some ra's later etc.

In the finals I will wait for RA's.

I was thinking of doing most of the matches on a first afternoon-evening, then do the finals the day after in a different location with a different arena, however, I have many ideas. It all depends on if goa has enough time and people to do that for me and if the last players can be arsed to play the last round the day after.

M

Mid_Blejsarus

add Bad Omen (Reloaded) to the list to :>

A

Aloca

I can try to get a GG or atleast almost a full gg from Post mortem.. oki we will die fast but might be a laugh, will talk to the rest

D

Dodgy Geeza

How about using something like a BG, rather than running around an area we all know like the back of our hands.
GOA could teleport the fg into a zone like BG, maybe an all new map... and I think they could reset all RA's probably if you asked them to.
Sounds like a kewl idea - well done...

DG

A

adari

Originally posted by Dodgy Geeza
How about using something like a BG, rather than running around an area we all know like the back of our hands.
GOA could teleport the fg into a zone like BG, maybe an all new map... and I think they could reset all RA's probably if you asked them to.
Sounds like a kewl idea - well done...

DG

Actually, that's a very nice idea, however it'll be hard for spectators to enjoy that. Unless we port em all in the ck ;d

D

Dodgy Geeza

To be honest its gonna be hard to watch anyway - unless you know where the action is gonna be...which would kind of take the suprise out of where you are gonna fight.
We may have to rely on peoples own video's to see the action that we've missed.
If everyone else is in the battle zone, how will people know who they are fighting ? Also if its in an area that anyone can walk into, what stops other people who don't know whats going on from interfering, even innocently ?

DG

PS. Sorry, just read the bit about posting suggestions in a seperate thread =/

S

Stallion-

a grp can be less then 8? :p

SOLO J000r asses!

N

Nugusta

Events such as defending the flag would be cool :p

Each group starts at serperate sides of the map with a ck in the center...much like BG. At kick off the groups have to run to the ck, up into the lord room take and hold the flag...their would be no guards etc just a flag at the lord room. You wouldnt need to kick down the gates. People would just enter from different doors.

Once you die you could be taken back to the original spawn spots only to have a go at taking the keep again.

Reminds me of lotr tbh :p defend teh keep tbh.

Put a timer on how long u have to defend the flag for...like 10 mins. This way stealther guilds could take part :)

A

adari

Originally posted by Dodgy Geeza
To be honest its gonna be hard to watch anyway - unless you know where the action is gonna be...which would kind of take the suprise out of where you are gonna fight.
We may have to rely on peoples own video's to see the action that we've missed.
If everyone else is in the battle zone, how will people know who they are fighting ? Also if its in an area that anyone can walk into, what stops other people who don't know whats going on from interfering, even innocently ?

DG

PS. Sorry, just read the bit about posting suggestions in a seperate thread =/

Nm about the seperate thread thing

I'm not sure what kind of arena we are going to be using, what is possible and what is not. Once I know I'll post it :f

Apart from that I guess bg would be fine :) Seems like a good area.

O

old.Gobarnachta

If we get GOA to help us in this wouldn't it be more fair to most guilds and get us more even matches if we choose to eliminate RAs (active and passive!) from participants during event ?

Without RAs CC would play biggest role so blade has two edges as is usual but atleast eliminating RAs would give better chance for fair and even gaming and leave bigger area for tactics than mindless tank-zerg.

Oh and for those claiming that side who gets mez in first would win if we had no RAs I can only say you lack in tact. This is arranged match hence you can plan further than to go get caught running around in /stick-train unless ofcourse "arena" we fight in will be whole BG or some other whole zone which would be then again hilarious as arena should be big but only that big opponents can see eachothers all the time or atleast some pre-defined spot in area they should engage in battle.

Idea of making this CTF (capture the flag) event would be funny aswell and give us opportunity to think quite many different tactics through...sadly arranging one is hard I think but if goa goes along with this who knows...maybe we get CTF event next :p

-Gob

A

adari

Originally posted by old.Gobarnachta
If we get GOA to help us in this wouldn't it be more fair to most guilds and get us more even matches if we choose to eliminate RAs (active and passive!) from participants during event ?

Without RAs CC would play biggest role so blade has two edges as is usual but atleast eliminating RAs would give better chance for fair and even gaming and leave bigger area for tactics than mindless tank-zerg.

Oh and for those claiming that side who gets mez in first would win if we had no RAs I can only say you lack in tact. This is arranged match hence you can plan further than to go get caught running around in /stick-train unless ofcourse "arena" we fight in will be whole BG or some other whole zone which would be then again hilarious as arena should be big but only that big opponents can see eachothers all the time or atleast some pre-defined spot in area they should engage in battle.

Idea of making this CTF (capture the flag) event would be funny aswell and give us opportunity to think quite many different tactics through...sadly arranging one is hard I think but if goa goes along with this who knows...maybe we get CTF event next :p

-Gob

I think you have a valid point, however I haven't asked yet what they are able to do regarding RA's.

I will contact them tomorrow and ask what kind of arena we could use, what they can and cant do with ra's and some other special stuff which is gonna be a surprise if i can get them to do it ;) xD

D

Dodgy Geeza

I think the capture the flag idea is excellent, but I think its something totally different from what this competition is about.
This is meant to be RvR effectiveness...in as close to real RvR situation as we can get.

Its really a great idea tho, why don't you send GOA questions about it - it could be the next event. You never know Mythic might introduce CTF BG =) hehe.

Would have to take the doors off the keep tho, for faster action etc =) I for one would be in there 24x7.

Also, I think that RA's are very important in RvR - do you think we should lose just the active RA's such as GP, Moc - or all passives too ?
I personally think we should have them all - and re-activated if possible.

DG

edit:typo

Users who are viewing this thread