Guarenteed expereinces on release ...

Taleth

Fledgling Freddie
OK, lets play "anticipate the forum thread". Here are my top picks based on other games I've been involved with. Feel free to add others:

1. By the end of day one, irrespective of whether I am Order or Destruction, I would have seen a High Elf named "Legolars" or perhaps "Logolas" for the really inventive.

2. By the middle of day 2, the first nerf posts will appear (coinciding with first pvp, strangely enough)

3. By the end of Day Four, the first posts will be up as someone caps with the immortal line "where is the end content".

4. By Day Six, the first guild will run the high end raid and complain it "wasn't as hard as molton core".

e0b1ff

Fledgling Freddie
after 10 minutes a 12 year old will cry "It's just another WoW clone" where he'll get flamed and return to an empty Warcraft realm. :D

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
By day 5 the Retail release will happen and we can expect to be flooded with thousands of people asking "Spare 1g" to us that got Headstart. All assuming CE headstart is 5 days. :p

e0b1ff

Fledgling Freddie
By day 5 the Retail release will happen and we can expect to be flooded with thousands of people asking "Spare 1g" to us that got Headstart. All assuming CE headstart is 5 days. :p

depends on the value of a gold peice. and i dont think the gold farmers will get their trial accounts that early. :p

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
Servers will crash on first day,mark my worlds.

I definitely don't plan to be online on the Retail release day. Use my head start to get some levels then retail release day i will stay clear and be on after that. initial rush isn't gonna be good lol. Be loads of lvl 1's running about like loons all after killing the same mob.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Foos, release day is the best day. WoW release day was prolly the best day of Warcraft I've ever played :p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
about 10000 people with variations of the name Waaagh.
100000 WoW kiddies complaining bunny hopping resets auto attack timer.
All in the first 10 minutes.

Aada

Part of the furniture
General chat will be filled with 'am i playing wow'

It looks like WoW graphics wise for me anyway.

I don't care though i liked WoW so if it is like that in some aspects i will be happy.

Aada

Part of the furniture
General chat will be filled with 'am i playing wow'

It looks like WoW graphics wise for me anyway.

I don't care though i liked WoW so if it is like that in some aspects i will be happy.

I actually go on Holiday to Egypt on the 22nd of September so i will be away from the initial rush and come back to the game where the server crashes have already happened and it is nice and stable for me :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
On the end of the first day, all my handles will be stolen, because people can't be original.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
point 2 will happen in day 1 ;)

90% of /1 chat will be people comparing the game to WoW for the first month, 9% will be people telling the WoW folks to shut up and the other 1% will be asking questions and being ignored :)

Skorn

Fledgling Freddie
What about being dumped off the sever , and then spending an eternity trying to log back in!
:lol:

chipper

Can't get enough of FH

90% of /1 chat will be people comparing the game to WoW for the first month, 9% will be people telling the WoW folks to shut up and the other 1% will be asking questions and being ignored :)

i think flims got it one was exactly the same on aoc and that was about as different as you can get looks and play wise. to wow

as usual ppl who are posting on forums saying the game is a wow clone or its not as good and other general bollox after 4-5 days are frankly twats, because they havent even scratched the surface. theres bugs aplenty atm which will hopefully be ironed out and some class balance issues but these things are rarely solved before i game goes live you need massive numbers to see how they all fair

i guarntee the good old why must you zerg threads of yesteryear from camelot appear within a month =)

Aada

Part of the furniture
i think flims got it one was exactly the same on aoc and that was about as different as you can get looks and play wise. to wow

as usual ppl who are posting on forums saying the game is a wow clone or its not as good and other general bollox after 4-5 days are frankly twats, because they havent even scratched the surface. theres bugs aplenty atm which will hopefully be ironed out and some class balance issues but these things are rarely solved before i game goes live you need massive numbers to see how they all fair

i guarntee the good old why must you zerg threads of yesteryear from camelot appear within a month =)

The zerg threads are funt though when the l33t guilds get run over.

Anyway without any long term CC i doubt the l33t guilds will be taking on 10+ people these days.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Pink dyed Orcs enmasse and your eyes explode seeing them charging on you!

Faya

Overdriven

Is that some kind of oxymoron :fluffle:

:) Been using this handle since I was 10 years old, along side with one other one which is the full version of this (Containing Latin) so, not really :) Everyone started using "Overdriven" about a year ago because of Guitaring, I, didn't. ;) I've only been using it on FH for 4 years too :(

ANYWAY!

Within 7 days, I expext a group or person to be the max level then bitch there's nothing to do.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
:) Been using this handle since I was 10 years old, along side with one other one which is the full version of this (Containing Latin) so, not really :) Everyone started using "Overdriven" about a year ago because of Guitaring, I, didn't. ;) I've only been using it on FH for 4 years too :(

ANYWAY!

Within 7 days, I expext a group or person to be the max level then bitch there's nothing to do.

I think your missing his point...

An oxymoron is when you use two conflicting statements in the same sentance. You said:

On the end of the first day, all my handles will be stolen, because people can't be original.

His point is that in using the same handle again, you are not being original, and so making a statement about others not being original when you are clearly not being original yourself, is an oxymoron.

Actually it's more of a contradiction in terms, or possibly ironic? Anywho, i think thats the point he is trying to make :)

Overdriven

Ooooooh. I took it the other way XD As in, me using the handle in general (As in, me saying it's original, when it supposedly isn't anymore) I missed the obvious one :( ... Fair enough XD Teaches me to read posts after 30m of being awake.

:D

I fail :(

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Ooooooh. I took it the other way XD As in, me using the handle in general (As in, me saying it's original, when it supposedly isn't anymore) I missed the obvious one :( ... Fair enough XD Teaches me to read posts after 30m of being awake.

:D

I fail :(

Actually, i never thought of it like that...

Draig

Fledgling Freddie

About right for launches these days

oldun

Fledgling Freddie
Hey

By day 5 maybe six i expect the first....Ding!!!!! lev 40....

Oldun

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
End of month 1.
No-one renews because they cant get to grips with the shit flash website thats broken/bugged/down.

Judder

Loyal Freddie
Guaranteed first day experience:

Logon server will fail as not stress tested under the numbers that will be trying to logon.
Fanboys will defend every fault in an attempt to persuade Games company's that buggy releases are fine with the paying customer.

What I hope:
The bugs which favourably effect us, outnumber the ones which cause us problems ^-^

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Guaranteed first day experience:

Logon server will fail as not stress tested under the numbers that will be trying to logon.
Fanboys will defend every fault in an attempt to persuade Games company's that buggy releases are fine with the paying customer.

What I hope:
The bugs which favourably effect us, outnumber the ones which cause us problems ^-^

I don't think anyone would actually condone buggy releases, the simple fact is that an mmorpg isn't a linear game and as such theres a large potential for bugs to slip through the net or not be found until it's too late. This is what beta testers are supposed to be doing, unfortunately a lot of testers have no interest in reporting feedback, they just want to play for free and QQ about everything. Theres even a few who will knowingly conceal bugs with the intention of exploiting them if they remain undiscovered until release.

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
By 8 months - players will be returning to WAR from leaving it for WoTLK as they've 'completed' WoW until the next (and very far off) content update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom