Film Guardians of the Galaxy

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Was great, very funny. Some great jokes and one liners. Groot was brilliant.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Female friend of mine said it was shit due to the well and many slap-stick comedy throughout the film. Comments?

russell

FH is my second home
I'm female and I liked it. The comedy moments made it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just got back. Breath of fresh air. Something funny and largely original.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Glad you all liked it :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
How could anyone not like dancing twig-groot? :)
However
Howard the fucking duck? I sat through 5 minutes of titles for 10 seconds of that? C'mon
I suppose it worked as I left the cinema still laughing, but thats pushing randomness just a little bit too far!

Moif

Loyal Freddie
Saw it Sunday. Loved it. Definitely a breath of fresh air and I'm looking forward to the movies that should expand on this side of the MCU. Nova, more Thanos, Iron Man etc.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I was fully expecting to hate this but it's the first superhero movie I've loved in long time (I think the last was Batman Begins). They have become so generic and stale I had almost completely given up.

This was outstanding - genuinely funny and massively entertaining. Even the IMAX 3D was a breath of fresh air when compared to other IMAX movie. Will definitely catch this again before it goes off (heavily discounted cineworld unlimited pass baby!)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It was certainly a movie that catered to both fans and a wider audience(which is nice). Story was a pleasant surprise too as it was rather new(as far as i can remember/know), but wasn't modified too hard from the original source.

Good acting, good movie, good action. I compared it to 5th element in a sense that since 5th element we haven't had such a good epic space story.

Only one thing bothered me;

In the end when he asks "what should we do, something good, something bad, bit of both?"; i think it would've been a better delivery if he had only said "something good, something bad?" and after being told "we'll follow you" say "bit of both it is".

Major issue i know :p

All in all this could've been absolutely horrible(not saying green lantern), but while the source is off it's rockers and by all rights and logic it has absolutely no reason to even exist, it's excellent. Easily top 3 marvel movies and i'd rate it better then avengers, but that's partly 'cause i like the setting more.

Last edited:

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Watched this last night, was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The key aspect for me for was the relationships between the characters, it felt very much like Firefly. Which is never a bad thing ;)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
ALSO saw this last night. Better than we were expecting. The groans and "wtf" comments about the post-credits made me laugh.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I hear they are making a super hero movie of the terracotta army statues in China, things are getting desperate.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Saw this film today.
Was excellent! Far exceeded my expectations. Had a lovely feel to it...light hearted but still had integrity.

Was very funny, with awesome effects. Made me wanting it not to finish.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How could anyone not like dancing twig-groot? :)
Why the hell do you not spoiler that? I'm glad I stopped reading the thread :eek:

Enjoyed it. Much better than I thought it was going to be tbfh. I really had to suspend my disbelief with the
humans in space unprotected shite
, but other than that it was enjoyable pap. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Enjoyed it. Much better than I thought it was going to be tbfh. I really had to suspend my disbelief with the

Starlord isn't human though ;)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Why the hell do you not spoiler that? I'm glad I stopped reading the thread :eek:

What humans?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You can always count in marvel universe to be something. Powers, mods, gadgets, etc. Most "that's not possible" can be countered by either science or magic :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just watched it for the first time

Bloody brilliant fun. Superbly entertaining and a great soundtrack.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Must watch it. Got it dld but not seen it yet cause mrs saw in on a flight before i did

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom