Film Guardians of the Galaxy

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hmmm.

I was wondering how I felt about it until they started using "hooked on a feelin'" - at which point I became bored. So sick of the use of that song in movies now.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bit like Hellboy in styling, which was great, and its loyal from what i can tell. Seems good.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Rocket's going to be awesome. As to the rest, it's simply a matter of tuning out the men and focussing on the totty. Something I do every day tbh!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I also feel the way about Spirit In The Sky but was thinking "at least they aren't using Hooked On A Feelin'"...

...sigh :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Looks great except...he's a raccoon ffs, couldn't they make him sound less human? His throat and mouth wouldn't make human sounds. I know it doesn't matter, but I just find stuff like that lazy/pandering to the "star" who's doing the voiceover.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hardly anything new. He's been talking like an annoying human in cartoons, this time they toned it down.

Wouldn't want alvin and the chipmunks.

TdC

I'm totally with DaGaffer on this one; he voiced my exact thoughts *looks around worriedly*

the voice of RR doesn't fit at all. at the very least they could have made him sound a bit more animal-ish. I mean, he has a mouth full of sharp teeth ffs.*

*note: tdc does not care about the fact / fit that RR is a bipedal walking genetically modified raccoon with genius level intellect who can pilot space ships. he cares about the noise RR makes when he opens his mouth and words come out.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well RR is who he is, they shouldn't make him more chipmunky just to "fit more". That's the territory where spiderman movies are born :p

TdC

I'm not saying make RR into a chipmunk, I'm saying make him less human. What he is now is a well educated human that looks like a raccoon. What he should be is a modified raccoon that happens to be taught to communicate / get along with humans. What they get right, for example, is the innate ferrocity of the animal: he snarls, he enjoys the mayhem and chaos of the fight, he goes absolutely batshit with large weapons. Still, from the clips to me he's more a human wearing a racccoon suit than a raccoon wearing a human suit (so to speak). I'd prefer the latter.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, have to see. In the end it probably won't matter one way or.

As he is now seems very fitting to previous incarnations, that all.

TdC

I kinda have the hots for GOTG tbh

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Saw it last night, absolutely the best Marvel film by far for humour. Was a great film and it was a nice change to move away from Earth and the Avengers (S.H.I.E.L.D) etc. Groot is just the best, well worth a watch.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Saw it last night, absolutely the best Marvel film by far for humour. Was a great film and it was a nice change to move away from Earth and the Avengers (S.H.I.E.L.D) etc. Groot is just the best, well worth a watch.

Really? Rocket Racoon reminds me of the meerkats adverts - and makes me think the film is for the sort of person who collects the cuddly toys :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Really? Rocket Racoon reminds me of the meerkats adverts - and makes me think the film is for the sort of person who collects the cuddly toys :(
Yes, it is really worth watching. A major change from S.H.I.E.L.D.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Explosions in space, with the odd joke. Enjoyable fun.

I prefer Captain America 2 though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Captain America 2

Tonight's viewing. With steak, mushrooms & onions, chips, english mustard. :)

Possibly a blow job too. We'll see what sort of a mood she's in tho. Better be a damn good film! :(

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr

Possibly a blow job too. We'll see what sort of a mood she's in tho. Better be a damn good film! :(

It is

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Pretend to like shoes, the film quality will then be irrelevant.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Really enjoyed this! Excellent action, some pathos and a lot of laughs. I love Groot.

Could people arguing above about how a genetically engineered raccoon would sound get over themselves already? Jesus.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Loved it.... Groot was exceptional and I actually thought Dave Bautista played a good Drax also (which was a pleasant surprise). As for Rocky, how do any of you know what a genetically engineered raccoon sounds like.... All personal preference :), my only wish was that when it spoke I didn't see Bradley Cooper's face... I didn't so all was good.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As for Rocky, how do any of you know what a genetically engineered raccoon sounds like....
Oversight don't allow us to discuss our research outside of the lab...

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Off to see it tonight, been looking forward to this for a while, and pleased that the reviews have been good so far....Yippee!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom