Games GT5 Delayed again

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Expert Turbo High Speed Ring - 36,000 Cr- for 1st, done in roughly 3:30. Best value money for time in the game.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Expert Turbo High Speed Ring - 36,000 Cr- for 1st, done in roughly 3:30. Best value money for time in the game.

Twaddle. I get 98,000 for the Indy ring in American Championship. Can do it in 3:50 easy.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Working towards 10,000,000 Cr at the minute. Should be easy enough to finish the Extreme series after that. Just got an R92 :)

Anyone finished the last Kart challenge ? Fucking annoying :eek:

Yeah got all Golds on the Karts. I didn't find the last one TOO bad, I just had to suppress my usual instinct to use the kerbs as a wider racetrack. Am about 40% through the game now, still loving it. Sure it has its annoyances, and some of the shadows are a bit ropey, but overall I think it's excellent. Best driving game I've played.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah got all Golds on the Karts. I didn't find the last one TOO bad, I just had to suppress my usual instinct to use the kerbs as a wider racetrack. Am about 40% through the game now, still loving it. Sure it has its annoyances, and some of the shadows are a bit ropey, but overall I think it's excellent. Best driving game I've played.

Undoubtedly. It's far from perfect and there's lots of niggles, but at the end of the day it's a driving game and it has the best core driving mechanic of any game I've played. Plus at points it genuinely can be jaw-dropping.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
so its so good huh ?

ill go to buy it : >

It is good, not as good as some people would have you believe though. Just don't expect it to be perfect and you won't be disappointed.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
It is good, not as good as some people would have you believe though. Just don't expect it to be perfect and you won't be disappointed.

ye, you'r totally right. Cause every time that i expect something to be imba etc, it sucks :p

Bodhi

Anyone found a decent site for tweaks, tunes and set-ups yet ?

(and another thing that grates is that the tune-up options are still all the same. almost no different from GT1. so you buy a GTR SpecV 09 monster but it still benefits from putting on a cheapo sports suspension kit for the same cost as a cheapo sports suspension for a lupo. obviously GTRs don't have decent suspension as stock. wtf?)

By the same token Forza lets you take the V10 from the Porche Carrera GT and put it in the back of a 911, when the only reason you can't get a 911 with anything bigger than a Flat 6 is that nothing bigger will fit.

All I know is, only one driving game out there on a console feels realistic to drive and it's the one claiming to be "The Real Driving Simulator".

P.S. Mr Loeb I have just made you and your rally challenges my bitch :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
By the same token Forza lets you take the V10 from the Porche Carrera GT and put it in the back of a 911, when the only reason you can't get a 911 with anything bigger than a Flat 6 is that nothing bigger will fit.

Not relevant though. Especially since I've never even played Forza. My point is not only that it's a bit dumb but also that it is exactly the same as GT1, 2, 3 and 4. Not much progression in that mechanic.

And anyway, I've got 8,000,000 in the bank and have lots more trophies than you :)

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Of course GTRs have great suspension as stock, and that is reflected in the game (as shown by the real life Nürburgring racer driving both and setting identical times). The upgrades exist so you can overhaul any car into something extreme. I imagine the costs aren't scaled because, well, this is a game after all.

Bodhi

I still cannot believe that last night I had to put a K&N and posh exhaust on my Bugatti Veyron, as it wasn't fast enough. Still did that, and got the 400Km/h Trophy with ease. Then promptly crashed into a wall. At 253mph.

Ouch.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I still cannot believe that last night I had to put a K&N and posh exhaust on my Bugatti Veyron, as it wasn't fast enough. Still did that, and got the 400Km/h Trophy with ease. Then promptly crashed into a wall. At 253mph.

Ouch.

Hope you had a plaster to put on that boo-boo. :D

Bodhi

The Veyron is shit tbh.

It is. Great in a straight line, rubbish everywhere else. My ZR1 would EAT it round Trial Mountain or the 'Ring.

P.S Polyphony have announced that in the New Year they are going to start upgrading Standard cars to Premium. Good to see the best driving game since GT4 is going to keep on getting better.

Lethul

FH is my second home
So I bought this for my brother for Christmas, is it playable with a controller or am I forcing him to buy a wheel now? :p

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I play on controller. It's fine.

(ok - some things are hard on a controller like go-karts but mostly it's fine.)

GT5 just hit me with a new retarded thing ! I need to do the NASCAR race and the Formula GT race to finish the Extreme series. Unfortunately you have to wait for them to show up in the used car lot. Which is random. Spent all last night looking for one. No joy. Fucking wankers.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
The 1.05 update has a couple of nice things:

Seasonal events. I'm currently about 2.4s off the pace in the 197BHP FF 800KG challenge, about rank 1600th. Haven't tried the others yet but this sort of community building thing was sorely needed.

Collectors car store, kind of like an addition to the used car lot, where they put in cars people have been wanting, like the afore mentioned Formula GT, and the pickup trucks etc.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Grr at the fucking NASCAR challenges. Fucking nightmare on a pad.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Just plugged away at the avoiding cones ones until I got lucky. Crap challenges they were. Just annoying.

Advanced ones were f'ing impossible until I googled for it and found that the ASM was automatically doing a little braking on the corner to stop the tires squealing. Retardedly you can't turn ASM off for those challenges but turning the ABS off stops ASM from working. Easy enough after that.

Trying the Top Gear track ones now. Unfortunately the Elise you get for the second one has all the cornering ability of a rotting whale-carcass on a ski jump.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Indeed they were. Did the Elise one by turning all driver aids up.

Doing the Nurburgring challenges now. Much more fun :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Nah - I dinged 70 on MW2 last night too. Admittedly my best B-Spec driver was getting Gold on Formula GT while I was doing it :)

I'll give GT5 up when I've got all the trophies I can be arsed to get. Getting lvl 40 on A or B spec will take weeks. No thx. Getting all Golds on everything is too much effort for one Gold trophy. To be honest there's not that much more I can be bothered to do on it. Already over 90% completion rate in GT Life. Will start playing Blazblue: CS, Darksiders or Batman: AA quite soon.

The fact that I've got 22 plats in 10 months should tell you that I hit games pretty hard when I set my mind to it :)

(quips and insults regarding that remark below please...)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I had a go at GT5 last night... it is very good, I would say as a lover of GT 1 and 2 who ditched it at 3 when my twisty negcom controller was no longer supported. One thing I did find was that at times the amount of lock you get seems ludicrously low - I am guessing this is just me being shite, but any one else care to comment?

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Not sure about that, a few of us are using wheels for it and the amount of turning required seems about right.

These seasonal event challenge races really are excellent. In the normal series you can always just give up and come back with a more powerful car, or tune the nuts out of the best allowed car. In these seasonal events though you are forced to work within the tight restrictions, and really learn the course and strategy inside out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom