Games GT5 Delayed again

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
I bought it but havent played it yet.

This fucking daoc addiction.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Played it some over Christmas, good fun actually. And I usually don't like driving games. Altho using a controller is hard imho, as a none-console player I was having big problems of using the joystick for anything other than turning max right or left all the time :p I think it would be a lot more fun with a wheel.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Pad is fine for most driving. Learn to tap. GT5 still implements a steady tap = half-lock and such mechanic from the days before wheels. Also remember that the buttons ARE analogue. Not as easy to control throttle as a big pedal but you can do it.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Pad is fine for most driving. Learn to tap. GT5 still implements a steady tap = half-lock and such mechanic from the days before wheels. Also remember that the buttons ARE analogue. Not as easy to control throttle as a big pedal but you can do it.

So use the buttons to steer rather than the joystick, aye?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yep - tapping d-pad > shitty analogue stick

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'm with Wij on this one. It's given me some RSI in my shoulder but it's worth it. ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Finally getting to play it properly now.

A few flaws for me are, some terrible shadows, some of the cars come from the wrong country, Classic mini listed as German, Euro Ford Focus listed as American etc. I have an Italian car (forget its name) from early on that I managed to enter into hot hatches (it is no way close to being a hothatch) and the French race series.

Other than that I am really enjoying it, just got the Buick Special 62, it's an absolute monster.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
ze germans own all things mini, including any the sprung up in 60s etc and ford focus originates from yanks land dont it?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's got nothing to do with who owns minis, they own the new mini, the old ones were mostly Austin, nothing at all to do with the Germans, they were made here by UK companies up until BMW bought the name. As for the Focus, its the Euro version, not the American version.

American oneFord Focus (North America) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EU one Ford Focus (international) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The one in question is pretty much this one but not badged BP

File:Fran%C3%A7ois_Duval_-_2004_Rally_Finland.jpg

Miner annoyances really, just something I have noticed. It doesn't take that much away from the game.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
I just spunked 2m credits on a Veyron, only to be given one as a reward about an hour later...

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Country of origin has always been based on the manufacturer, not the model or spec.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Oh right, did BMW go back in time then and manufacture a few 1970/80 minis? Who knew?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Fucking hell you get your back up at tiny little things.

When they bought the company, they bought all that comes with it. This includes intellectual property and past productions. All it requires is a little common sense and thought.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fucking hell you get your back up at tiny little things.

When they bought the company, they bought all that comes with it. This includes intellectual property and past productions. All it requires is a little common sense and thought.

Miner annoyances really, just something I have noticed. It doesn't take that much away from the game.

Just can't get over that problem with reading can you? :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyway, if that was the case Aston Martin would be Kuwaiti or whoever owns it these days and Lotus would be German, Jaguar Indian etc etc.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I agree with Raven, bollocks to letting new foreign owners taking the credit for the British classics made in previous era. A distant relative of mine worked for Jaguar in the 1950's and he would be furious seeing a different country/company getting credit for the brilliant cars he worked on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom