Help Grr more bloody problems

Bahumat

FH is my second home
dump_jraid.sys BSOD. Have noticed I get BSOD when the pc has been on for 10+ hours.

Also get DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Is there a way to find out what motherboard I have so I can try updating the drivers? I know it's ASUS p35, just dont know which one lol :(

Also anyone had this error before and knows what causes it?

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
The 2 times I've had this exact BSOD were because of bad or failing memory. You need to try yanking them one at a time to identify which one could be casuing your fault. Alternatively try running Memtest86+ to stress test your memory.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Kryten

Old Cow.
those two specifically would make me check the jmicron raid controller on your motherboard - update the drivers for it specifically. It'll likely be the IDE port or 2 "separate" SATA/eSATA ports on the motherboard. Download CPUZ to find out the exact model of motherboard.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
The 2 times I've had this exact BSOD were because of bad or failing memory. You need to try yanking them one at a time to identify which one could be casuing your fault. Alternatively try running Memtest86+ to stress test your memory.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Thanks for this. I ran it and it passed with no errors.

those two specifically would make me check the jmicron raid controller on your motherboard - update the drivers for it specifically. It'll likely be the IDE port or 2 "separate" SATA/eSATA ports on the motherboard. Download CPUZ to find out the exact model of motherboard.

ahh cool thanks Kryten. It's an IDE hard drive I have, dont have any SATA lol.

Kryten

Old Cow.
I was referring to the port on the motherboard - that error will never be caused by the hard drive itself. It will be the controller on the motherboard, which will be fixed by updating or changing the drivers for the jmicron sata/ahci/raid/IDE controller (which is the same peice of hardware) and will be available from the Asus site.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I was referring to the port on the motherboard - that error will never be caused by the hard drive itself. It will be the controller on the motherboard, which will be fixed by updating or changing the drivers for the jmicron sata/ahci/raid/IDE controller (which is the same peice of hardware) and will be available from the Asus site.

Thanks again Kryten :) I re-read my previous response and was unsure if it seemed like I was being rude/taking the piss etc? If it sounded that way, I apologise. It was not meant like that.

Kryten

Old Cow.
No don't worry I didn't take it that way :) Just assumed your misunderstood or misread my post :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom