Grey Ganking, what do you think?

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
Depends what mood I'm in :p

If the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and I'm finding some nice pickings in the frontiers then a little grey that comes skipping along will usually be greeted, hugged and let pass. But if I've just been jumped by 3 buffedup shadowblades then the grey will get it. End of story.

On a side note, cutest encounter I had with a grey was in Uppland. Think the grey's name was Marbles. Went something like this:

You target Marbles
You make a slit throat motion to Marbles
Marbles slaps you
Marbles slaps you
you make a slit throat motion to Marbles
Marbles starts to cry
You make a surrendering motion to Marbles
Marbles hugs you
You hug Marbles
You wave Marbles
Marbles waves to you

And we both went our separate ways :)

Cute lol

S

Spyf

This have been said before tho I dont remember who said it.
BUT a grey will become yellow sometime, and then the one who was once grey wont spare you as you once did with him so:

KILL*EM ALL

:mgwhore2: :viking:

F

fedexx

Originally posted by hairlock
Grey-ganking, the ethical issue!!

I was ganked by three Albs who were roaming the frontier, named Yog, Eggy and Jilson. They were all level 50 and I was level 27 butMaybe Yog, Eggy and Jilson want to lend their own perspective, because I would like to hear it.

Cheers.

hey man, if u search for some random Yog-hurt posts u will se how much IQ he has, nuff said..

Explanation is hard to get from an retard, and the most u get from them are "Someone got pwned" thats really.... retarded.

D

domin8or

I dont let it get to me - it's just a game and as far as I am concerned it's now just anecdote I can share with people.

You just said It was just a game. So why are u fucking whining?

btw, yog rules! :D

A

Arnor

Grey hibs i never kill or take part in killing, normally let them kill me for 1.5k rps or so ;)
Albs, well i consider it payback for what they will do( zerg-camp mmg) a sort of pro-active punishment ;)

G

gwal

easy:

ppl KNOW that when they enter a zone where enemies can come, they gain both a benefot and a disadvantage.

benefit usually being higher xp, seals, or a certain drop

disadvantage being that enemies can show up

now.. do u really think that mythic put the benefits there just so ppl could go there to xp instead of anywhere else, and it would purely be benefits all over - ooh glory, thx mythic, u made df, we can all walk safely, get all the equipment we need regardless of class and lvl (after u reach emerald seal equipment lvl).

c´mon, u get the good with the bad - if u dont wanna get ganked, DONT GO TO ZONES WHERE ENEMIES CAN GO.

there is abselutely NO reason what so ever why ppl shouldnt gank greys, if they dont, the grey cons are simply allowed to get the advantages without disadvantages, hence, allowing them to be at a better spot than anywhere else possible (and no, I dont grey gank myself usually).

T

Trinilim

Grey ganking can be looked at several ways:

1st: Enemy from another realm!

They are the enemy, they will grow strong and gain levels, and will one day take part in the seed of your undoing. They are weak now, but eventually it will be them dancing on your grave. Why spare mercy upon an enemy whom will destroy you later? Kill or be killed, that's the way it is in RvR, and if you don't like it, then you're in the wrong zone.

2nd: Attack me, you die.

Generally speaking, greys aren't dangerous. They can't hurt you. Why bother killing them? If they attack you, that's a different story. They threw the first punch, they declare a fight, then by all means, bring it to'em.

3rd: Bait

Ok, so grey ganking is generally not on the list of things to do. But sometimes those yellows and blues just won't show up.. What better way to bring the hunt to you than to kill a grey and have them cry to the higher levels? It's not a hobby, just a way to bring some action.

4th: Boredom

Nothing to kill, why not, nothing better to do. They should expect to be killed anyway. It's RvR. Maybe they'll come back so you can kill'em again, will provide you with a bit of entertainment before suiciding and logging off or moving on to the next activity.

5th: Grey saver

There's no fun, sport, or skill in killing someone who doesn't stand a chance against you. Not to mention the fact that it brands you as an RP-hungry monster that will make the lower level population be discouraged and eventually lead to the downfall of tha game! Let the greys pass, you can kill them when they're older.

Me personally, I'll only kill greys when:

A. they attack me
B. they help others that are attacking me
C. I want yellows to come out and play

P

Puppetmistress

Grey-ganking, the ethical issue!!

Now by grey-ganking I mean a high level character from an enemy realm prowling the noob areas of another realm's frontier and deliberately targetting grey con enemies, killing them with ease and hence deriding almost no benefit from the action.

Maybe Yog, Eggy and Jilson want to lend their own perspective, because I would like to hear it.

Cheers.

My perspective: Grey ganking is a perfect way to call out higher levels of the enemy realm. Kill 2 greys in Uppland for instance and you'll be sure you got a fg inc. within 10 minutes.

Besides you all know the XP is so great because there is the danger someone will kill you since the ground is open for enemy realms. You choose to do so.

I got killed numerous times with one of my toons in Darkness Falls and ofcourse I am pissed off when it happens. But I know it's one of the disadvantages of playing in a frontier-/RvR-zone. Live with it I would say. And take revenge on them when you can!

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by K0nah
NO PRISONERS!

I dunno, I wouldn't mind a Lurikeen slave, for, my um, special purposes......

That is if I ever get this fetted piece of weasel crap working....
<Loxleyhood kicks his computer>

O

oldgit

Gray ganking will be a thing of the past when everyone cons yellow so no point in this thread

R

Reverant Mezz

end of the day, if u were grey and they werent, they would do it to u :)

J

Jim_Spurious

Re: Re: Grey Ganking, what do you think?

Originally posted by domin8or

You just said It was just a game. So why are u fucking whining?

lol...

Thx Domin8or, very constructive. It seems you're just whining about the whiner, how sad are you?

It was never meant to be a whine post. Like I said it was just an anecdote to share with people and get some feedback, to find out what people think about this type of thing. Obviously you didn't let reading the post properly get in the way of making a cheap and petty comment.

But, I promise to stop whining if you stop being an idiot.

As for the rest you, thx guys. Always nice to know what people think, and thanks to the %99 of you who kept it civil. :)

Like I said, it won't stop me XPing in the frontier - but I will certainly be watching my back a bit more from now on.

Happy hunting.

C

chuckas

Well I never gank greys, well once I did just to find out how many RPs....answer...1...not worth it.

I do however stealth close by so they see me briefly then have a laugh while they run around like headless chickens. Just letting them see me is enough to call in some better con targets usually, especially in DF.

As for deliberate XP killing....out of order. However XP deaths have to be expected if you exp in an rvr area... I will solo attack a group engaged with mobs in order to maximise chances of hit and run. I aim for the one not damaged by a mob, but can't guarantee they won't get hot and suffer an xp death....if they do then no RPs for me :(

However my alt has been ganked many times by ptm while I adventure in DF usually. Not much you can do, so far I have resisted the temptation to do back to their realm what they do to me....so far.

As for the deliberate XP killers, all I can say is GITS, get a Life, report them to GOA, I do think its borderline antisocial behaviour.

Gillian - 47 Inf

J

jox

Originally posted by froler-mid
i read the topic.

GANK GREYS ARE GREAT

:bazbeer:
:bazbeer:

(dont exp in frontiers etc, if u do, dont whine....)

lool

T

Tumult

Originally posted by oldgit
Gray ganking will be a thing of the past when everyone cons yellow so no point in this thread

From 1.60 Patch
NEW RVR "CON" COLORS

Any player level 35-50 will see any other player 35-50 who is lower than them as "yellow". You will still see players higher than you as orange/red/purple. If you or your target is lower than level 42, the con color will be the same as they have been. The intent of this change is to have high-level characters not immediately go after lower-level enemies that are "easy" kills.

Grey ganking will still exist after this patch :)

O

old.Jable

first point - you say you like the frontier bonus for xping - theres a reason why you get that bonus - because it dangerous out there :)

camping your grave sucks tho - i had the same problem once in diablo 2. was suckered into joining this guy, hwo was higher lvl than me, once he got me into the desert he killed me and camped mny equipment for no fkin reason apart to annoy me.

luckily his connection sucked, and mine was 512k cable, so i just went back and ran round him loads, then used my lack of lag to nip in, grab my stuff and leg it again. boy, did i have a good swear at him once id got my stuff back :)

ganking greys is ok imo, xp killing them is wrong, and realising you xp killed them and then camping their graves is total wanker material.

Z

Zill

Personally I try to avoid killing grey con players, I even go so far as to help them if they're in trouble while experiencing. The only rare exceptions I make is if a grey con attacks me first or to bring out higher level cons players around the frontier keeps.

And furthermore those 3 Alb players were being incredibly mean to you by giving you an exp death, then camping your grave and trying to exp kill you again later on after you agroed a mob, knowing full well you had already lost exp as a result of their earlier actions.

S

salamurhaaja

Greyganking in DF is lame, much more fun to scare them a bit by unstealthing in front of them and emote something :)

I remember the time when i was low level and mids didn't got df, some nice infil let me alive and I continued exping and gathering those valuable emerald seals :p I don't remember his name, but I try continue same thing, 'cos It's really gay to gank grey-con.

Hopefully some of those players that I /wave will continue same thing!

D

dimerian

Greys can always message yellows who message to other yellows and then it feels angry that ye didnt keel that grey - so point of the post : Kill em all if they are out of their gates :eek:

K

kaod

If grey ganking is to be considered a no-no - they would employ a saftey flag like pvp for higher levels to not be able to hit them and they to not be able to hit out.

If XP-deaths are to be considered a no-no, they would make it such that as soon as an enemy player strikes you or causes a negative effect, it's not considered a mob death.

To all those that call grey ganking "gay" "lame" "sad" - it's just a game. These ppl know the rules of where they are safe and where they are not and we don't all want to play by YOUR rules, and we don't have to, so long as it's within the legal parameters of the game.
If anyone really befits the "lame" label, it's the accusers themselves.

I'd love to see some of you play Risk. I can well imagine the cries of "not-fair! - Not playing anymore."

Some people zerg, some don't, some stealth-zerg, some don't, some use bots, some don't, some kill greys, others don't.

Stop all the damn whining.

All we see all day long is whines about relic raid times, anti-stealther rants and generally annoying posts that a 5-year old could probably construct better.

All this machismo crap about how I can "pwn you" and other l33t typing shite just makes the posters look like real retards, and shows them up for over compensating for the total lack of self-esteem that they really have.

I gank greys - DF & frontiers areas. So I'm gay. Wow, that hurts.
I take part in non-prime time relic raids - so sue me, I'm so lame.
I have a buffbot (although i don't rvr with him atm) - I'm so sad, please put me out of my misery.
I've been part of stealther-zergs in the past - Hey guess what? It was FUN!

Greys don't always give just 1rp btw.

What these 3 albs did however, goes beyond simple grey-ganking.
It's griefing. I believe that is actually against the CoC, and if that is correct, report them.

However it turns out though, the best we can do, especially for the hugely attention seeking Yog, is pity them.

And yes, if I see you, I WILL try to kill you. ;)

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by kaod
If grey ganking is to be considered a no-no - they would employ a saftey flag like pvp for higher levels to not be able to hit them and they to not be able to hit out.

If XP-deaths are to be considered a no-no, they would make it such that as soon as an enemy player strikes you or causes a negative effect, it's not considered a mob death.

To all those that call grey ganking "gay" "lame" "sad" - it's just a game. These ppl know the rules of where they are safe and where they are not and we don't all want to play by YOUR rules, and we don't have to, so long as it's within the legal parameters of the game.
If anyone really befits the "lame" label, it's the accusers themselves.

I'd love to see some of you play Risk. I can well imagine the cries of "not-fair! - Not playing anymore."

Some people zerg, some don't, some stealth-zerg, some don't, some use bots, some don't, some kill greys, others don't.

Stop all the damn whining.

All we see all day long is whines about relic raid times, anti-stealther rants and generally annoying posts that a 5-year old could probably construct better.

All this machismo crap about how I can "pwn you" and other l33t typing shite just makes the posters look like real retards, and shows them up for over compensating for the total lack of self-esteem that they really have.

I gank greys - DF & frontiers areas. So I'm gay. Wow, that hurts.
I take part in non-prime time relic raids - so sue me, I'm so lame.
I have a buffbot (although i don't rvr with him atm) - I'm so sad, please put me out of my misery.
I've been part of stealther-zergs in the past - Hey guess what? It was FUN!

Greys don't always give just 1rp btw.

What these 3 albs did however, goes beyond simple grey-ganking.
It's griefing. I believe that is actually against the CoC, and if that is correct, report them.

However it turns out though, the best we can do, especially for the hugely attention seeking Yog, is pity them.

And yes, if I see you, I WILL try to kill you. ;)

very well put :)

O

Olgark

short and sweet here we go. If they are the enemy kill them simple as that. No matter if they are grey or yellow. I know for a fact they would do the same to me in uppland or yggdra so do it them, before they do it to you.

O

Olgark

Originally posted by Zill
Personally I try to avoid killing grey con players, I even go so far as to help them if they're in trouble while experiencing. The only rare exceptions I make is if a grey con attacks me first or to bring out higher level cons players around the frontier keeps.

And furthermore those 3 Alb players were being incredibly mean to you by giving you an exp death, then camping your grave and trying to exp kill you again later on after you agroed a mob, knowing full well you had already lost exp as a result of their earlier actions.

one reason why I try to kill all enemies i see, or if there are to many to report back to the /as .
Albs are gay, Hibs just crossdress. I have more respect for a hib than a alb player.

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Olgark

one reason why I try to kill all enemies i see, or if there are to many to report back to the /as .
Albs are gay, Hibs just crossdress. I have more respect for a hib than a alb player.

spoken like a true heterosexual

:rolleyes:

D

domin8or

Re: Re: Re: Grey Ganking, what do you think?

lol...

Thx Domin8or, very constructive. It seems you're just whining about the whiner, how sad are you?

It was never meant to be a whine post. Like I said it was just an anecdote to share with people and get some feedback, to find out what people think about this type of thing. Obviously you didn't let reading the post properly get in the way of making a cheap and petty comment.

But, I promise to stop whining if you stop being an idiot.

As for the rest you, thx guys. Always nice to know what people think, and thanks to the %99 of you who kept it civil. :)

Like I said, it won't stop me XPing in the frontier - but I will certainly be watching my back a bit more from now on.

Happy hunting.

Seems to me that you are just whining about the whiner who was whining about the whiner. So how sad are you? Btw, this post of yours was a whine post [language please. think happy thoughts, would you honestly say that to his face? Tilda]

E

Eggy

About the incident...

I don't remember the exact occasion, but I often go RVR in grps with Yog and Jilson. You have made the post sound as if we intentionally sat waiting for you to show up just so we could repeatedly kill you...well that's not quite correct.

I seem to remember at the time we were playing that day, all the RVR zones were very inactive. We see a grey coming towards us, we kill it, mainly to attract the attention of other level 50s...it works, killed quite a few of them after you. I have to say, this is an in-game WAR. There is absolutely nothing wrong with killing greys, if you are running around Emain/Odin's at level 27 then expect something to happen.

Personally, I take my lickle friar to Odin's quite often, just to mess around mainly when I'm bored, or sometimes to get a bit of XP. Some kill me, some don't. I expect to get killed, and if I'm not killed it's just a bonus. Talivar and co never kill me, and have built up a bit of an /emote partnership at amg :)

To say we sat at your grave aiming to get you yet more xp deaths is crap to say the least.

J

jilson

Ooo i am the nasty minstrel and yes i did stun you and back off i was repeatedly spamming the grp chat to stop them from killing you and wait till u started exping. imo the longer it takes ur smelly ass to get to 50 the better for me. It's just a shame Yog and eggy where so damn eager to get the kill pff.

Imo it doens't get better than an exp death muahhahaha!

but i have one rule about grey ganking:

I only kill greys... when i see them.

all your greys belong to me

Users who are viewing this thread