Gratz GOA!!

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Nope, it's only certain encounters and it's only if the pet/damage shield does mor edamage than everyone else (thus earning loot rights). If a Cabalist/servant Necro/Chanter/SM/etc takes part in an encounter like this they will still be able to contribute and needn't feel excluded - they have many other things to offer a group beyond focus shield. These encounters are ones that are typically intended to be done with a reasonably balanced full group or so. If everyone in that group is pulling their weight and not just AFK waiting for the monster to batter itself to death on the damage shield then there should not be a problem.

It isn't to prevent certain classes from taking part, it's to prevent certain abilities from making the encounter overly trivial.

Thanks for clarification :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Just to check something, all the "dmg shield posts", doesn't the server logs show the fight? Would it not say "JohnnyX hits the mob for 2 dmg" (paladin rememeber) and then "Spiny penises do additional 2 dmg"?

So they dont have a pet, or dmg shield...how can that be doing a majority of the dmg?

someone's lying imo

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Nope, it's only certain encounters and it's only if the pet/damage shield does mor edamage than everyone else (thus earning loot rights). If a Cabalist/servant Necro/Chanter/SM/etc takes part in an encounter like this they will still be able to contribute and needn't feel excluded - they have many other things to offer a group beyond focus shield. These encounters are ones that are typically intended to be done with a reasonably balanced full group or so. If everyone in that group is pulling their weight and not just AFK waiting for the monster to batter itself to death on the damage shield then there should not be a problem.

It isn't to prevent certain classes from taking part, it's to prevent certain abilities from making the encounter overly trivial.

Are you implying that GoA feel that the ability to use focus shield to kill a mob should not be allowed?

Seems like you have more of an agenda than just helping the costumer Requiel.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
So filing 49582349853 reports and whining here is exactly how much faster than killing the mob again?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Are you implying that GoA feel that the ability to use focus shield to kill a mob should not be allowed?

Not at all. We don't make any judgments on what is or isn't a valid tactic (as long as you aren't actually cheating of course). All decisions on whether an encounter should be immune or resistant to a particular tactic are made by Mythic and we don't change those design decisions.

Dukat

Resident Freddy

An agenda? like, a conspiracy? against damage shield? rofl! :D

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
If everyone in that group is pulling their weight and not just AFK waiting for the monster to batter itself to death on the damage shield then there should not be a problem.

Ah good answer Requiel. Above just seemed a bit ... pointed. :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
read what the man is saying fgs... he says the monster dies without anyone getting credit for it in the kill message! a "proper" mob death should read "xxx was killed by....." not just "xxx was killed" or "xxx dies" there was obviously something bonkus going on there if that was indeed the death message.

And perhaps you should read into what I am saying FFS, the dood says nothing about even any drop being left after it died - which in normal cases as Requiel said the database checked out which means there should have been at least a bag of drops there anyway - which in this case there wasn't. So perhaps you should read into the tech side of it first before you answer with a dumb one like this. Nobody asked if anyone of the group was using bleed styles either - doh!

dex

Fledgling Freddie
No men, you're not getting the point.

"[01:35:08] Curengkur dies!" means that there is GUARANTEE that the monster will NOT drop, because it has been killed by NOBODY.

We should get the message "Curengkur was just just killed by Thienran!" or "Curengkur was just just killed by Naeve!" or "Curengkur was just just killed by Jonnyx!".

Because WE killed the monster.

Then no problem if the monster doesn't drop, I perfectly know they don't always drop, but of course they don't if they result to "die"!

maybe it just had a heartattack and died itself.

of having a shock of 3 players kicking the shit out of it.. happens in RL as well lol

Blashyrkh

Fledgling Freddie
Please GOA, I want a complete and detailed list of all monsters suffering from heart disturbances.

Or work together with Mythic in order to add a "Cure Heart disturbance" spell to all healing classes.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Just to check something, all the "dmg shield posts", doesn't the server logs show the fight? Would it not say "JohnnyX hits the mob for 2 dmg" (paladin rememeber) and then "Spiny penises do additional 2 dmg"?

I seriously doubt it - the server would have to be enormous.

Darzil

Shike

Can't get enough of FH

hehe, well, u know that a chanter+menta+druid can do pretty much 95% of all heavier encounters. Not once have i ever encountered any lootbug that has to do with who does what type of damage in any waý. SIencounters overall are a tad buggy though, just look at the epic dungeons in SI :S

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Wild said:
0-o what a nice can of worms opened here :)

as for "some" mobs have been adjusted so that people dont permafarm the camps .. i think this is a good idear but if only actually used on the mobs that did get permafarmed. as stated above people have been farming with DS pets since day one and no one can think of any encounter that doesn't actually drop if pet/damage shield get last hit/does most damage. GOA can you give us the list that they dont work on ? and if you can why are the mobs that are MOST camped/farmed like Zahur, 2.10, SOM, Danos hell even the SI dragon in that list ?
most can be killed with necro and a few bots .. i remember over 120 people wiping to that SI dragon and now it seems 1 necro can do it with DS and get loot ..

now thats all the way the game works, fine we accept it and play knowing it. but its a bit sad saying the reason no loot was droped was due to DS when the group didnt even have DS.

this sorta problem could of been solved early on in the game by just saying "mobs dont always drop loot"
bugs or no bugs no1 could whine at that

I imagine you'll find that the "no focus shield kill" descision was done fairly early on in the SI type days when mobs that took 40 people to kill was something players wanted. When TOA came out people wanted mobs they could solo with their bot since they had to kill them and didn't just kill them for fun. I'd imagine therefore that the mobs that arn't going to drop due to damage shield (etc) are the ones no-one botheres with anymore out in the never visited places of SI, simply because the designers never bothered to change it.

Blashyrkh

Fledgling Freddie
Anyway, just to make it clear, I expected at least a server log verification, I think it's the minimum a customer can ask.
See you all.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
well, a year ago i had a simillar problem.
message said there was a drop , but it was not found.
i was goin to crush pc cause i ran like 100 ds raids to finish my template in classic.
goa checked its stuff n said there was no drop even tho there was that message!!!
fook.jpg

it seems that the syphoned soul got the credit there...

syphoned souls are not part of your group, too bad i guess.

i think there are less issues with necro pets than with other foucs shield based pets. the pet sort of counts as player while any other pet is just a pet.

then again the other day i killed grothxx in the other world(i think), the mob that drops the demon blood ring, 3 times. the first 2 times there were other players in group apart from me and a BB, and they probably did some damage too. the mob dropped stuff, no deamon blood ring but it dropped stuff.

the third time i was just with my bot and nothing dropped. not even a bag of coins... bad luck ? coincidence ? anti forming measure ? who will tell :)

Jonnyx

Fledgling Freddie

So they dont have a pet, or dmg shield...how can that be doing a majority of the dmg?

someone's lying imo

*hust*

i am armsmann! :twak:

why in hell everyone think i'm a paladin.... :confused:

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie

No, he is saying that Mythic feel this, GOA did not design this game, did not write this game and have not programmed it, any programmed 'rulesets' in the game are programmed by mythic and GOA have nothing to do with it.

This whole thread has turned into a 'bash the goa gm's' thread, when in truth, the gm's here have done their jobs to the limits of their abilities, as requiel said, an answer you don't like is not an answer that is wrong.

Unfortunately certain things in the game are fixed and cannot be changed without agreement from the OWNERS of the game, GOA only host the game in europe, you want anything fixed or changed it needs to be done in the U.S by a completely diferent company.

Requiel could not give any answer but the answer he gave because neither he nor anyone at GOA have any say in deciding how any part of the game works, yet he is being slated for this, now that is just plain out of order.

If you have problems with the game mechanics please don't shoot the messenger, take it to mythic and complain to them, leave poor requiel alone.

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
No, he is saying that Mythic feel this, GOA did not design this game, did not write this game and have not programmed it, any programmed 'rulesets' in the game are programmed by mythic and GOA have nothing to do with it.

This whole thread has turned into a 'bash the goa gm's' thread, when in truth, the gm's here have done their jobs to the limits of their abilities, as requiel said, an answer you don't like is not an answer that is wrong.

Unfortunately certain things in the game are fixed and cannot be changed without agreement from the OWNERS of the game, GOA only host the game in europe, you want anything fixed or changed it needs to be done in the U.S by a completely diferent company.

Requiel could not give any answer but the answer he gave because neither he nor anyone at GOA have any say in deciding how any part of the game works, yet he is being slated for this, now that is just plain out of order.

If you have problems with the game mechanics please don't shoot the messenger, take it to mythic and complain to them, leave poor requiel alone.

Get your butt back to Hib gimp, I'm still waiting to pl you a new chanter :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom