Gratz GOA!!

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I killed the Dragon once with my Guild and it dropped nothing. GoA's reply: You don't get the loot from us!

I had a chat with Requiel and he explained me the pet thing and that they can't give out the loot because the Dragon gets killed too often or something like this....´

I want Kemor and Zargar back!

I love it when people make up things I've allegedly said. In general, if a monster does not drop loot then we will award guaranteed drops only to the group that killed it and only if there was a bug preventing the loot from dropping. Neither of those conditions apply in this case and only one applies in the case you are remembering.

Blashyrkh

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is not loot non-existance, but killing credit missing!!!!

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I'd just give him the bag of coins to make the rabble happy Req :p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
We checked the monster, we checked the treasure tables that it uses and we made sure that there were no errors. The monster will not always drop loot. One reason for this (as we explained) is that if a pet or damage shield deals most of the damage, you will not get loot. There are other circumstances however and there is no bug with this monster.

I'm sorry you didn't like the answer that you were given but getting an answer you don't like is not the same thing as not getting a proper answer.

To my knowledge Cleric/Pala/Arms dont get damage shield :eek:

But ofc you can check the logs to sort the truth from the bullshit ;)

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Its easy to say "if pet kills u dont get credit/drops". When will that get added to the Myth-list when u log in? Dunno how many times I farmed Fornfrusenen with focus-sm, then one time it doesnt drop and the answer is that it was because pet killed. So it was the other 50 times when it DID drop that were bugged then?

Blashyrkh

Fledgling Freddie
Read from bottom to top.
Well, what to say, I surrender to absurdity.

Response (CM) 04/02/2007 06:33 PM Hello again,
A larger group would seem to be the key so that you are not relying on damage shields and damage adds to bring the monster down.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Customer (Carlo Muzzolon) 04/02/2007 06:14 PM
I'm disoriented!
We were Armsman and Paladin, pure melee fight! Hundreds of weapon style hits!

What occult tactic should we use! Anything simpler than hitting the mob with a sword!
You wrongfoot me with such answers!

Response (CM) 04/02/2007 06:10 PM
Hello once more,
This is not, as previously explained, a bug. In this case by relying on a particular tactic, you did not get loot. A different tactic will grant loot normally. This particular encounter is designed to work in this way.

Yours sincerely,

Customer (Carlo Muzzolon) 04/02/2007 06:06 PM
We killed the monster and we did not get the credit, tell me if this is not a bug!

And don't talk about damage adds, pets or things like that, what the hell should I do, fight without my class add damage chant or Anger of the Gods?

Unbelievable!

Response (CM) 04/02/2007 06:02 PM
Hello again,
I am sorry but we will not award loot in this situation. Only if a bug prevented a monster from dropping a guaranteed item would we award loot in a case like this. In this case there is no bug involved and no guaranteed drop.

Yours sincerely,

Customer (Carlo Muzzolon) 04/02/2007 05:51 PM
"In any case we are not able to award loot after the fact as there are no guaranteed drops from this monster."

No, I don't agree.

A respectful customer care would simulate a death, causing the randomized loot production system to operate.
The death can produce items as a loot, as well as can produce NOTHING, because exaclty as you said, drops are not guaranteed from this monster.

We killed the monster and we deserve at least the random loot generation event that had to take place.

I'm not saying you should give us items, I hope I have been clear.

Response (CM) 04/02/2007 05:21 PM
Hello again,
We will investigate to see if there is a bug with this monster however you should be aware that this may not be a bug depending on how the monster was killed. Normally loot is awarded to a group that does the most damage to a monster, some monsters however track damage from non-player abilities such as procs, pets, damage shields etc and can award loot to this 'group' if it has done more damage than player styles and abilities. This is deliberate and is not considered a bug.

In any case we are not able to award loot after the fact as there are no guaranteed drops from this monster.

Yours sincerely,

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
ahh come on requiel, you could at least give them a gem with 16 piety 3 earth magic and 2 ench!

pretty much the quality that drops in SI outside of galla/sidi/TG

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Umm, doesn't PvE kill always yield that message?

Perly casts a spell!
Weewolf dies.

And:

You hit weewolf for 2 damage.
Weewolf dies.

Etc.

While a PvP kill is: X was just killed by Y in Z! ?

It's not even April 1st anymore, so I dunno.. Doesn't that mean that they spent 40 mins fighting and then it didn't drop. C'est la vie, end of story, thanks, see you tomorrow. :)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel: Since GOA can say, they stoped using aportal and a brand namemonth ago, and when a newer article on page proves otherwise, then they add "for daoc" when we speak about corporate background. When another says, you can't say anything that is new to a GM and a shot and your logs proves othertime, but doesn't back down from the "you can't... I don't know if he made up the story, or not.

But I know one thing for sure: If any code that is here to make the game more fun for most, and prevent bad surprises, is producing a bad surprise, when we clearly not talking about the farming incident it tries to prevent, then that piece of code doesn't serve its purpose, and makes your paying customers unhappy, and righfully so, then you have to ask a question:

Do we want unhappy customers? Do we want to see systems that should make them happy do something very different instead? No. Then it isn't working as intented, but only its side effects are apparent, and doesn't serve a meaingfull purpose, so we speak about a bug.

And if you want to keep your player, you should keep them happy, and fix such bugs, and look if you can reward them for their efforts. Not because loot is a must have thing. But because you want to keep them happy, and keep them playing, since your player population is already low, and it is a problem.

Blashyrkh

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel: Since GOA can say, they stoped using aportal and a brand namemonth ago, and when a newer article on page proves otherwise, then they add "for daoc" when we speak about corporate background. When another says, you can't say anything that is new to a GM and a shot and your logs proves othertime, but doesn't back down from the "you can't... I don't know if he made up the story, or not.

But I know one thing for sure: If any code that is here to make the game more fun for most, and prevent bad surprises, is producing a bad surprise, when we clearly not talking about the farming incident it tries to prevent, then that piece of code doesn't serve its purpose, and makes your paying customers unhappy, and righfully so, then you have to ask a question:

Do we want unhappy customers? Do we want to see systems that should make them happy do something very different instead? No. Then it isn't working as intented, but only its side effects are apparent, and doesn't serve a meaingfull purpose, so we speak about a bug.

And if you want to keep your player, you should keep them happy, and fix such bugs, and look if you can reward them for their efforts. Not because loot is a must have thing. But because you want to keep them happy, and keep them playing, since your player population is already low, and it is a problem.

Hello,

Thank you for the report. We will investigate the incident using the server side logs, and based on what we find, will take actions to prevent similar incidents in the future.
If you have more information regarding the incident, feel free to update this rightnow report as it may make investigation easier and faster.

Yours sincerely,

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Like the time 5 hours into a TG raid for the 19th time, got to Guthlac killed him, died to king and queen, shield dropped, rolled for it in hagall, won the roll, loaned the shield to faril, off he runs screaming to mobs for 2 hours of pve with my new shield in moderngrav :twak:, persistence is the key, as previous poster said go kill it again.

But in all honesty, i suspect some fishy camlann player who maybe dotted or did something awful to your mob or its just a bug or maybe its a sign to roll on a more "real" server :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
GOA explanations seem a bit weak on this one, though I guess random number generators could generate no loot ( although a poorly made and inapproriate/untested drop table) seem more likey.

In my time ive farmed a lot of junk with chanter + dmg shield and never once really encountered the 'mob doesnt drop stuff cause dmg shield did the damage' 'feature'. I wonder which mobs if any its really supposed to exist on and challenge GOA to give the name of one so I can test that works...

Personally I dont doubt that a SI mob failed to drop anything, there are numerous SI mobs of high level that drop nothing when killed in any fashion at all, its just a bug, be it loot table or otherwise, and not one they are willing to admit to imho.

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
ha. still remember the zone crashes of fomor when killing mydraxxis.

funny.

SI is just buggy at times, try again maybe and suck it up

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe the mob just died of boredom, cuz taking you so long:-P

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
lol know i know why i hardly ever play now can't use stuff or you get fuck all. next they will be saying you have to fight it naked with no weapons. what a pile of shite and a lame excuse. :kissit:

Whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine.

You clueless fuck.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
It's not true for all mobs only some. Certain encounters have various anti-farming measures to avoid them being permacamped by whichever pet+focus damage shield combo is popular in your ream.

isnt that a kindof funny way of regulating it? I mean, some classes actually rely on DS for damage, like a servantnecro for example. Shutting some classes out from loot from certain mobs is kinda.. bad actually, imho. What if that servantnecro isnt a PLtoon, or a farmtoon, it could be regular joes regular necro that is the only class he has, I honestly dont think its fair towards lil joe that he cannot access every other loot that say, a tank has access to.

all just imho ofc, i just found it to be funny that you discriminate certain classes because of how they work.

that said, this cant be common at all, I've never encountered it with my chanter+menta+druid trio and that kills with either ML9 or DS.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH

you havent played DAoC very long have you?

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
It's not true for all mobs only some. Certain encounters have various anti-farming measures to avoid them being permacamped by whichever pet+focus damage shield combo is popular in your ream.

So how do cabalists kill stuff? Does this mean that cabalists wont be welcome in groups because their pet might get the kill?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
So how do cabalists kill stuff? Does this mean that cabalists wont be welcome in groups because their pet might get the kill?

Shike said:
isnt that a kindof funny way of regulating it? I mean, some classes actually rely on DS for damage, like a servantnecro for example. Shutting some classes out from loot from certain mobs is kinda.. bad actually, imho. What if that servantnecro isnt a PLtoon, or a farmtoon, it could be regular joes regular necro that is the only class he has, I honestly dont think its fair towards lil joe that he cannot access every other loot that say, a tank has access to.

Nope, it's only certain encounters and it's only if the pet/damage shield does mor edamage than everyone else (thus earning loot rights). If a Cabalist/servant Necro/Chanter/SM/etc takes part in an encounter like this they will still be able to contribute and needn't feel excluded - they have many other things to offer a group beyond focus shield. These encounters are ones that are typically intended to be done with a reasonably balanced full group or so. If everyone in that group is pulling their weight and not just AFK waiting for the monster to batter itself to death on the damage shield then there should not be a problem.

It isn't to prevent certain classes from taking part, it's to prevent certain abilities from making the encounter overly trivial.

Blashyrkh

Fledgling Freddie
Men, we can discuss months, we can build masterpieces of reasoning, but GOA will go on shooting bulls**t like the one about pet damage when the encounter was pure melee.

I hope the customer non-care staff will keep on being satisfied, while people keeps on quitting DAoC Europe.
I hope you will quickly find a new job when there will be nobody to take "care" of.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Men, we can discuss months, we can build masterpieces of reasoning, but GOA will go on shooting bulls**t like the one about pet damage when the encounter was pure melee.

I hope the customer non-care staff will keep on being satisfied, while people keeps on quitting DAoC Europe.
I hope you will quickly find a new job when there will be nobody to take "care" of.

If the average player is anything like you, I'm glad I stopped playing when I did. Seeing the population of the server degenerate into whining crybabies is not something I would've wanted to see.

You remind me of one of those people who sue's over anything, "this mob didnt drop! how dare GoA!", frankly, its pathetic.

Back in the day, things like this were commonplace, players back then just shrugged, chalked it down to a lesson learnt and moved on - or more usually tried again and again untill they managed it.

Back then I think most people were playing for different reasons, it wasnt so much about the gold or the loot, it was more about the satisfaction and sense of achievement.

I remember doing Golestandt for the first time in one of those big old 13fg raids, I didnt get any loot - didnt even roll for it, neither did most people in my group, but we were all glad to have been there and done it, if only to know thats something else we'd accomplished. Nowadays it would be "omfg w4st3 of time i dont got any l00t" and straight onto the nearest messageboard to whine about it.

If people keep quitting daoc europe, it wont be because of the customer support, it will be because of crying, whining idiots like yourself who seem to have lost sight of the real point in the game.

With people like you playing, I wouldnt be suprised if half of GoA are banging thier heads against a brick wall wondering how the fuck they're going to deal with the ever growing number of imbeciles who seem to be playing the game.

Please, do the gene pool a favour, dont have kids!

Blashyrkh

Fledgling Freddie
Well you genius, you seriously think I went to kill that mob for the loot?
You seriously do?

If I really care about the "l00t", I go to farm ToA monsters, certainly not museum pieces like that giant octopus, making a 20 minutes path to reach it.

I have about 100 platinum pieces, you think I care about some old and (almost) useless items (unusable for templates)?

No, I simply play with the old spirit you mentioned: I like going in strange places, where no one go, and kill epic monsters, discover interesting places, finding items of the past just for the pleasure of collecting them.

Man, you addressed your thoughts to the wrong person.

I'm just fed up about GOA's "we can do nothing, we will do nothing" attitude.
Not just for this episode, but also for when they made a mistake in reducing artifacts' repairing fees and refused to give money back, and several similar episodes.

I felt tired about accepting all this and wanted not to let this last episode pass like the others.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
You know, I'm that bored, I might just respond!

Well you genius, you seriously think I went to
kill that mob for the loot?
You seriously do?

I "seriously think" you made a whining post because you killed a mob, it didnt drop anything, and when you cried to GoA they said "tough luck", so now you're crying here. Thats what I "seriously think".

I also "seriously think" this makes you look like someone who is either only intereted in the loot, or is only interested in doing another one of these "zomg GoA" posts to try and make yourself look big by having a pop at GoA, who, as far as I know, didnt design the mob droprates in the first place, although I could be wrong in this.

I have about 100 platinum pieces,

MEDAL!

you think I care about some old and (almost) useless items (unusable for templates)?

I think you care enough to make a big whining thread, mainly because you have already done this.

No, I simply play with the old spirit you mentioned: I like going in strange places, where no one go, and kill epic monsters, discover interesting places, finding items of the past just for the pleasure of collecting them.

Then why oh why were you talking as if the mob not dropping is a personal affront?

and I quote: "Fight lasted FOURTY minutes, but at the end it dropped NOTHING, not even a bag of coins."

Good god! Thats distasterous! I THINK I MIGHT JUST FALL OVER FROM SHOCK!

Man, you addressed your thoughts to the wrong person.

I'm just fed up about GOA's "we can do nothing, we will do nothing" attitude.
Not just for this episode, but also for when they made a mistake in reducing artifacts' repairing fees and refused to give money back, and several similar episodes.

I felt tired about accepting all this and wanted not to let this last episode pass like the others.

Ok, so its about GoA not answering you properly rather than the mob not dropping an item? :touch:

In which case requiel already said all there is to say : getting an answer you don't like is not the same thing as not getting a proper answer.

Believe me, I know about annoyance at the people who run the game - I used to play a scout - however the amount of whining going on nowadays has gotten out of all proportion, people whine about anything and everything and your post looks like its a whine because you didnt get a drop. GoA cannot read the subtle undertones of every message sent to them, so yours was most likely taken as such and given the standard response.

To be honest, I'm suprised they gave you a clue as to the reason for the mob's lack of drop at all.

What I said previously stands, this thread is basically a whine over nothing at all. GoA have given you an answer, and nothing you've said here will accomplish anything other than to annoy people and make yourself look like more of a spoiled 5 year old.

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
0-o what a nice can of worms opened here :)

as for "some" mobs have been adjusted so that people dont permafarm the camps .. i think this is a good idear but if only actually used on the mobs that did get permafarmed. as stated above people have been farming with DS pets since day one and no one can think of any encounter that doesn't actually drop if pet/damage shield get last hit/does most damage. GOA can you give us the list that they dont work on ? and if you can why are the mobs that are MOST camped/farmed like Zahur, 2.10, SOM, Danos hell even the SI dragon in that list ?
most can be killed with necro and a few bots .. i remember over 120 people wiping to that SI dragon and now it seems 1 necro can do it with DS and get loot ..

now thats all the way the game works, fine we accept it and play knowing it. but its a bit sad saying the reason no loot was droped was due to DS when the group didnt even have DS.

this sorta problem could of been solved early on in the game by just saying "mobs dont always drop loot"
bugs or no bugs no1 could whine at that

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
well, a year ago i had a simillar problem.
message said there was a drop , but it was not found.
i was goin to crush pc cause i ran like 100 ds raids to finish my template in classic.
goa checked its stuff n said there was no drop even tho there was that message!!!
fook.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom