Gratz GOA!!

Blashyrkh

Fledgling Freddie
Customer 04/01/2007 02:49 AM
Hi, we killed about 1 hour and a half ago the Hibernia SI monster in subject (Curengkur). Camlann server.

Characters were:
- Thienran (me)
- Naeve
- Jonnyx

Fight lasted FOURTY minutes, but at the end it dropped NOTHING, not even a bag of coins.
We felt a bit frustrated about this, and I suspect it is a bug of some sort. Such a big and hard monster simply can't drop nothing.
I can provide complete chat log.
Thanks.

Hello,
Thanks for the query. We have investigated and found that ths monster drops loot as normal. You should note that in some circumstances (such as the monster was killed by a pet or by a damage shield) that he will not drop loot. This is not a bug.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

We fought that damn mob (Paladin + Armsman + Cleric) for forty minutes, no drop and GOA of course doesn't give a damn! My sister could answer me better!
Gratz for professionality! Let's see if some CM has the balls to answer here and face this situation with some REASONABLE answer.
I'm starting to be seriously annoyed by this behaviour.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
We checked the monster, we checked the treasure tables that it uses and we made sure that there were no errors. The monster will not always drop loot. One reason for this (as we explained) is that if a pet or damage shield deals most of the damage, you will not get loot. There are other circumstances however and there is no bug with this monster.

I'm sorry you didn't like the answer that you were given but getting an answer you don't like is not the same thing as not getting a proper answer.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
We checked the monster, we checked the treasure tables that it uses and we made sure that there were no errors. The monster will not always drop loot. One reason for this (as we explained) is that if a pet or damage shield deals most of the damage, you will not get loot. There are other circumstances however and there is no bug with this monster.

I'm sorry you didn't like the answer that you were given but getting an answer you don't like is not the same thing as not getting a proper answer.

Owned to be honest :(

Blashyrkh

Fledgling Freddie

- We used no pet
- We had no damage shield on

And what the hell should I do, take off Maddening Scalars before monsters die in order to avoid proc activation?

So I don't understand the message "[01:35:08] Curengkur dies!".

The answer is NOT proper because you didn't even take care about cheking the reason of that death message. I think this is the minimum considering I pay a monthly fee and one play night was used for the event.

I post here because 99% of the times I receive "things are this way, no other possibility, so get lost" answers and I found no other way to have a minimum of dialogue with the CMs, because no one takes care to be ever online on Camlann.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I have an obstruction and GoA couldn't help me with that either! Damn unprofessional if you ask me!

<3 Requiel.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
- We used no pet
- We had no damage shield on

And what the hell should I do, take off Maddening Scalars before monsters die in order to avoid proc activation?

So I don't understand the message "[01:35:08] Curengkur dies!".

The answer is NOT proper because you didn't even take care about cheking the reason of that death message. I think this is the minimum considering I pay a monthly fee and one play night was used for the event.

I post here because 99% of the times I receive "things are this way, no other possibility, so get lost" answers and I found no other way to have a minimum of dialogue with the CMs, because no one takes care to be ever online on Camlann.

It's pretty clear on what you should do, god loves a tryer, go again and again till it drops. I had a similar complaint about a year ago with concerns of an ml encounter. Req checked it, I flamed after doing it quite a few more times, Req checked it again. Same answer. I kept at it and then finally got it.

Nothing more you can do tbh.

Blashyrkh

Fledgling Freddie
No, what the hell, they're still answering that the monster does not always drop.

Of course it didn't drop, it simply "died" and not resulted to have been killed by someone, that's why it didn't drop, not because "it does not always drop".

This is really a stupid answer!

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie

lol know i know why i hardly ever play now can't use stuff or you get fuck all. next they will be saying you have to fight it naked with no weapons. what a pile of shite and a lame excuse. :kissit:

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
No, what the hell, they're still answering that the monster does not always drop.

Of course it didn't drop, it simply "died" and not resulted to have been killed by someone, that's why it didn't drop, not because "it does not always drop".

This is really a stupid answer!

there is no GUARANTEE any monster will drop anything. That stuff is determined in XML files (databases) SQL databases, although I am pretty sure GOA still have heavy use of XML in this case - just look at your own DAoC directory for a small guide on this one, and scripts to determine the standard drop rate. If you read Req's post, they checked this information and it checks out.

Nothing you can do about it. All of that stuff is determined at their end.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Blashyrkh,

A secret, this sort of thing doesn't only happen on Camlann. I've had it happen on Duvet many times, on many monsters. Longest I've taken to kill one mob in a fg is 1.5 hours, whilst it did drop, it didn't drop anything you'd actually use. Was great to have won such an epic fight, though.

Another example, killed Sililia 15 times in a duo, at an hour a time, got nothing other than junk rogs. It happens.

Any time you kill anything in game, you get a chance at drops, that's it. Sometimes it's 99%, sometimes it's 1%, never assume it's 100%. (In a lot of the BG's, on many of the mobs, it's 0%, though)

Darzil

Blashyrkh

Fledgling Freddie
No men, you're not getting the point.

"[01:35:08] Curengkur dies!" means that there is GUARANTEE that the monster will NOT drop, because it has been killed by NOBODY.

We should get the message "Curengkur was just just killed by Thienran!" or "Curengkur was just just killed by Naeve!" or "Curengkur was just just killed by Jonnyx!".

Because WE killed the monster.

Then no problem if the monster doesn't drop, I perfectly know they don't always drop, but of course they don't if they result to "die"!

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
The monster will not always drop loot. One reason for this (as we explained) is that if a pet or damage shield deals most of the damage, you will not get loot.

hm... just curious: is this true for ALL pets? Or only for this particular mob/type of mob? Because I sure know that killing stuff with my ML9 pet has yielded me quite an ammount of drops.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Wait, I need to add to my last comment...

Did anyone else other than me expect this to be a Realm-Rank grats thread? =(

IainC

hm... just curious: is this true for ALL pets? Or only for this particular mob/type of mob? Because I sure know that killing stuff with my ML9 pet has yielded me quite an ammount of drops.

It's not true for all mobs only some. Certain encounters have various anti-farming measures to avoid them being permacamped by whichever pet+focus damage shield combo is popular in your ream.

Blashyrkh

Fledgling Freddie
Ok so:

Me: The mob didn't drop.
GOA: Mobs don't always drop
Me: Of course, my cat knows it too. The problem is that it didn't drop because it resulted not to have been killed by us. Even my neighbour's dog knows that mobs that are killed by NOBODY don't drop.
IT DIDN'T DROP NOT BECAUSE MOBS DON'T ALWAYS DROP
GOA thinking "WTF! This is getting complicated, let's not give a f**ck and do as always: *no answer*

GG Goa, I'm pissed off about all this.
At least this thread will remain to show all how you treat customers.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Its utter bullshit, I played a paladin for a good few years, and NEVER have I found the Pet Summon Spells.

Feel cheated.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
there is no GUARANTEE any monster will drop anything. That stuff is determined in XML files (databases) SQL databases, although I am pretty sure GOA still have heavy use of XML in this case - just look at your own DAoC directory for a small guide on this one, and scripts to determine the standard drop rate. If you read Req's post, they checked this information and it checks out.

Nothing you can do about it. All of that stuff is determined at their end.

read what the man is saying fgs... he says the monster dies without anyone getting credit for it in the kill message! a "proper" mob death should read "xxx was killed by....." not just "xxx was killed" or "xxx dies" there was obviously something bonkus going on there if that was indeed the death message.

Blashyrkh

Fledgling Freddie
read what the man is saying fgs... he says the monster dies without anyone getting credit for it in the kill message! a "proper" mob death should read "xxx was killed by....." not just "xxx was killed" or "xxx dies" there was obviously something bonkus going on there if that was indeed the death message.

Thanks, I love you.

IainC

Ok Blashyrkh, to be fair you didn't mention the death message until after you'd already had an answer from us. We checked the monster based on your original report and found that it was working correctly. If the mob just 'died' then there may be a bug or you may have just got really unlucky with procs or damage adds (some monsters keep track of damage done by damage adds, procs, pets etc and assign loot rights to these if they do more damage than actual player abilities and attacks - this isn't a bug as I explained previously).

If there is a bug and we can reproduce it, then it will get fixed, however there's no way we can retroactively award loot unless there's a guaranteed drop that didn't.

Blashyrkh

Fledgling Freddie

To be fair, I didn't mention it in first place, but after, and after mentioning I got another senseless answer, maybe because you read my message too quickly.

The facts are: we killed the monster and we didn't get credit.

A fair, correct, polite and honest customer care checks if this is true.
If it is, it simulates a monster death to produce a random loot generation, and awards the players with that loot (which can be NOTHING, if the randomized generator produces this result).

GOA simply doesn't care about all this and says that can't do anything.

I'm not satisfied about the conclusion, and I will not miss any occasion to make publicity on what happened.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe the monster was just tired after fighting for so long and had a heart attack?

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
I killed the Dragon once with my Guild and it dropped nothing. GoA's reply: You don't get the loot from us!

I had a chat with Requiel and he explained me the pet thing and that they can't give out the loot because the Dragon gets killed too often or something like this....´

I want Kemor and Zargar back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom