Grats Excalibur!

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
1.5k ppl was just logged in. Haven't been that many for a while now.

Let's keep it up! :m00:

Ghaladriel

Fledgling Freddie
doh this is the reason of the lag then :( back to wow nabs and let me play w/o lag xD :mad:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Grimmen said:
More people crawling back to DAoC? :)

Seems that way...noticed a few players/guilds sidling in through the back door ;)

Mastarde

Banned
Grimmen said:
More people crawling back to DAoC? :)

yep yep, i know atleast 5-6 ppl that are moaning like a sad c*nt becuz they sold their daoc acc. xD - apparently wow pvp aint that fun ~~

Mastarde

Banned
vamps sux.. solo char with no stealth = pooh..

im busy with school, told my gf the same.

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
Mastarde said:
yep yep, i know atleast 5-6 ppl that are moaning like a sad c*nt becuz they sold their daoc acc. xD - apparently wow pvp aint that fun ~~

aye maybe cause they havent even implented "real pvp" yet ?_?

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
WoW doesnt have the whole reward thing in yet, when it does it will own DAoC. :p

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
harebear said:
WoW doesnt have the whole reward thing in yet, when it does it will own DAoC. :p

DAOC rvr was fun from the start (i.e. before they brought in the RA "rewards"). If the pvp isn't fun now, I can't see how adding a reward system will change that. A reward system provides longevity (giving people something to aim for), but it doesn't change something that ain't fun into suddenly being fun. Not judging WoW as I haven't played it - but your logic doesn't follow ;)

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
DAOC rvr was fun from the start (i.e. before they brought in the RA "rewards"). If the pvp isn't fun now, I can't see how adding a reward system will change that.

DAoC did have frontiers, keeps, relics and realm ranks straight out of the box. It had what you call "meaningfull PvP".

Can you imagine early DAoC RvR without sieges, relics, realm ranks or even realm points ? I don't think you would have found it that remarkable. Well that's WoWs PvP atm.

WoWs PvP *is* better then DAoCs, the game is simply better designed. However without a reward system it all ends in a big endless gankfest without much point and most people lose interest quite soon.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Abel said:
DAoC did have frontiers, keeps, relics and realm ranks straight out of the box. It had what you call "meaningfull PvP".

Can you imagine early DAoC RvR without sieges, relics, realm ranks or even realm points ? I don't think you would have found it that remarkable. Well that's WoWs PvP atm.

WoWs PvP *is* better then DAoCs, the game is simply better designed. However without a reward system it all ends in a big endless gankfest without much point and most people lose interest quite soon.

It's true that sieges and relics gave RvR a "direction" early on, but the rvr was in itself still fun. I remember the giant fights in Hadrian's Wall that were great fun - it wasn't that they may or may not have been after our relics that made it though, it was the fights themselves. The only question is how long they would have remained fun without the threat to relics behind them. In terms of fg rvr, again I don't think that the "rewards" behind them are what make the fun - they just gave people an additional reason in the long run. So if WoWs PvP is inherently "better" than DAOC then it shouldn't matter in the short/medium term what the rewards are. As I said, I'm not judging that as I don't play WoW - it's just I can't follow the logic that it's the lack of rewards which leaves the pvp experience as unsatisfying. If there is a feeling of "what's the point" with it, I would be looking at how it's actually playing first.

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
Abel said:

Yea WoWs PvP *is* better than DAoCs.....

Oh wait, it has no PvP :touch:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
have to agree with bracken, if pvp is not fun now, i dont think it will be. unless people are whores, in which case they would enoy it ;p

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
I'll have to agree with Bracken. From what I've heard from a m8 that play(ed) SWG that was the story there as well. Imho if you want to launch a PvP game it has to have some kind of content from the start - daoc had that. Although WoW is a good game, it is more intended on the casual gamer, at least when it comes to PvP than doac. That in mind i think a lot of people will loose interest - ofc I might be wrong :).

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
WoWs PvP is a lot of fun and Blizzard managed to avoid many of the annoying problems that troubled DAoCs PvP.
The most important difference is that WoW focuses more on small scale PvP, while Mythic always imagined PvP to be between large groups.

Our guild (which mainly exists of ex-DAoC players btw) is enjoying WoW PvP a lot, but some elsewhere indeed "don't see a point". Everyone does agree that with the current (lack off) PvP system few will be playing WoW PvP after some months though.

It all depends on how well Blizzard implement their PvP system (coming in a couple of patches) to see if WoW PvP beats DAoCs in the long term. On paper it looks good though :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
swg pvp isnt proper pvp (though there is a combat upgrade coming and they have changed the pvp tag system) its random running around finding out who has the best dot on thier weapon.

Never played WoW, dont plan on playing it either, from seeing vids and screen shots the graphics look shit, not poor quality, just shit.

DAOC PvP is what you make of it, if all you do is watch your RP counter go up then you will get bored, if you play for fun and dont take it too seriously then it stays fun.

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Daoc is 3 times the game WoW is, its too simple, too little possibilities, and too slow..
WoW is nothing but eye-candy, so if you're a pvp/rvr'er, dont try WoW :)
No matter what systemt they put in for WoW, its not gonna be the same.. ill be running around, longing for RP's :p

[Complete wow diss /off]

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
from seeing vids and screen shots [of WoW] the graphics look shit, not poor quality, just shit.

WoW is nothing but eye-candy

I tried to get some logic out of those replies here, but I just gave up.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Abel said:
I tried to get some logic out of those replies here, but I just gave up.

like, omg, someone may not actually like the look of the graphics of WoW? jeez, whatever next.

Shall i explain what i mean for you?

WoW graphics are good, however, they just look shit, if i want to play a cartoon i will go play Spyro the dragon. I couldnt look at that dross for more than an hour it would drive me nuts.

Marc

FH is my second home
Raven said:
like, omg, someone may not actually like the look of the graphics of WoW? jeez, whatever next.

Shall i explain what i mean for you?

WoW graphics are good, however, they just look shit, if i want to play a cartoon i will go play Spyro the dragon. I couldnt look at that dross for more than an hour it would drive me nuts.

i agree. I felt like i was playing one of those games aimed at 3 year olds to develop their learning skills

Bloodclot

Banned
imo i don't mind the graphics of WoW at all.
i played the warcraft series from warcraft1 and enjoyed it.

altho the graphics are nice in WoW it doesn't compete with DoaC atm.
Daoc is a much better game at this moment, the graphics of catacombs is matching or even better then any MMORPG at its current state.

yesterday afternoon there where 1500players on excal. its good to see people are coming back, and maybe even new players start to play.
just my 2 cents :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom