Graphics freezes

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
lately while on any fps or rts the graphics will just freeze and then start again as if it never happened but it will do this every few seconds making playing any game imposable.

The graphic card in question is a 6800 gt nvieda 256 card the drivers are up to date but bah

any idea's :(

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
What operating system? Are you by any chance on Vista, and do you see messages about "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"?

If so this can be due to drivers, the card is on the way out or you've got memory problems. I'd start by downloading the latest drivers and running memtest.

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
nah on xp with sp2 on.

i tested my mem at work the other day by swaping them out with brand new ones and still did the same. also swaped Graphic card out same gfx card that i swaped in still the same

also this is a new install of windows if that helps

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Any odd colour distortions, or artifacts?

You installed all the drivers, including chipset drivers?

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
aye installed all chip setting not sure if the card is on its way out as i swapped it out for one at work of the same model and was the same.

no discoleration on the card

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Ok. Did it do this before you installed windows?

Else it may be your motherboard.

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
yeah did it before i did a reinstall il take my pc back to work tomorrow and try all my hardware on a new mobo. let ya know what happens

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
got round to it this morning swapped everything on to new motherbored works a charm which is werid as if the mobo was going would it not fuck up on normal graphics and not just games

Embattle

FH is my second home
Games stress a system more than nearly any thing else.

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
ah well cant affored a one right now so will have to wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom