No idea graphics card

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
so following on from recent weirdness from my pc, it looks like one of the cards is probably on its way out.

not surprising really, theyve been in pc since i bought it and probably due an upgrade.

currently ive got 2 HD3870's pcie2.0 which are supposed to be working Crossfire, as one is dying, so crossfire isnt working im thinking i might as well whip both out.

so im looking at 2 options

1. purchase something nowish in the £100-130 price range

2. bear with the one crossfire and spend 2-300 end of next month

I'm not bothered about getting the latest and greatest etc etc (not that im in that price range anyway :) ), I'm more interested in getting something thats reliable

not really looked into cards though so not sure who's making decent ones nowadays, any suggestions.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm thinking of getting an older 6870 - bout 120 sponders. Will spank the pants off my 4850 with the dodgy fan and will run everything I could want it to run in full settings at 1680x1050 (which is what the 4850 does now tbfh).

Long gone are the days where PC games were good enough (or hardware-stretching enough) to make me need to agressively upgrade.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
I could use a new gpu, the trusty 8800gt went bang yesterday, aged 4 years 2 months :(

Sar

Part of the furniture
560Ti - I replaced my old 8800gt with that about 6 months ago and it's been great for me so far :)

Poag

m00?
560Ti's are pretty awesome and coming down in price. The new 6xx series is ebing launched and thats driving down the 5xx series price tag.

IMO, wait till the start of June then pickup a cheaper 560Ti. Especially seeing as ATI seem to be having all sorts of problems atm driver wise. Group of 3 of us who have pretty much identical PCs, two nvidia one ATI. The ATI guy has far more GFX issues than both of us :/ which is a shame as the ATI hardware is mostly awesome.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I haven't had any issues with the drivers on my ATI card. Only issue I've got is that the card is PCI-E 2.1 and board is 2.0 so I'm not getting the most out of it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Especially seeing as ATI seem to be having all sorts of problems atm driver wise. Group of 3 of us who have pretty much identical PCs, two nvidia one ATI. The ATI guy has far more GFX issues than both of us :/ which is a shame as the ATI hardware is mostly awesome.

Only thing I ever had a problem with was the Battlefield series... EA madness :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Buy a second hand 2gb ATi 6950 and you will be set for the next 3 years, that is where the real value is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom