Football Grant sacked!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Personally, I reckon he was sacked cos he got fired

Lethul

FH is my second home
Swedish paper are reporting svennis as a candidate now.

I hope so :)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Its quite sad tbh, they way football is these days... if you dont win a trophy each season, your sacked.

I think the last long standing managers we'll ever see will be fergy/wenger

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
wtf is a "messi" clone? every club on the plannet wants one of those.

a guy like Diego Buonanotte. His ball control is second to none, he's quick, he's all over the place for 90 minutes, he can shoot, yet he won't get bought because most european clubs doesn't want to spend their money on a guy on his size - which imo is bullshit, as messi has proved himself internationally.

Robinho is the easiest option for Chelsea, but im not sure whether it's the best.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Dunno, apparently they are quite cheap too! Wonder why more teams dont concentrate on them?

yeah, you make fun of me :p but they'll prove you wrong one day. Wait and see.

Lethul

FH is my second home
yeah, you make fun of me :p but they'll prove you wrong one day. Wait and see.

Yes one day, while robinho is proving himself every day?
If they want a new player who will go straight in to the starting eleven, should they go for some young midget or robinho? I know who i would rather have in my team atleast :p

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Yes one day, while robinho is proving himself every day?
If they want a new player who will go straight in to the starting eleven, should they go for some young midget or robinho? I know who i would rather have in my team atleast :p

Robinho isn't proving shit. That's why he's sitting on the bench in bernabeu while Robben is playing :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Robinho isn't proving shit. That's why he's sitting on the bench in bernabeu while Robben is playing :)

But but, he played 32 games and made 11 goals while Robben played 21 games and managed 4 goals? And still Robinho is the "benched" one?

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
But but, he played 32 games and made 11 goals while Robben played 21 games and managed 4 goals? And still Robinho is the "benched" one?

The last two times I watched Real, he was on the bench - next to RVN.

Lethul

FH is my second home
The last two times I watched Real, he was on the bench - next to RVN.

Oh, a whole two times.. Well i see. You must be a Robinho expert then im sorry. Then its impossible he actually gets more playtime than Robben.

Ps. RVN played more games than Robben aswell this year.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, a whole two times.. Well i see. You must be a Robinho expert then im sorry. Then its impossible he actually gets more playtime than Robben.

Ps. RVN played more games than Robben aswell this year.

it was their last two games though.

And aye, Robben didn't play half of the season, but then he started performing and got picked for the team every week.

Lethul

FH is my second home
it was their last two games though.

And aye, Robben didn't play half of the season, but then he started performing and got picked for the team every week.

Ah, you mean two last games? When they already won the league? Ok.

Vasc! Is Robinho the real deal or not? :)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Let's see

Robinho: started this season with everyone eyes on him. After 2 years in RM adapting to euro footy (the Robinho who came to Madrid was more skinny than a crack whore, he needed 1 year to get some bulk), it was time for him to prove he could deliver. By February, after the issue with his partying habits with the Brazillian team and every local rag using him as bulleye, the guy DID deliver. Most of his 11 goals came from this time window, and he became the star the team needed.
Buuuut, sadly he got this weird injury on his abdominals and reapeared on RMvsRoma critical draw. The team also had lost Robben due to a criminal tackle (look in Youtube for it, its SCARY), Sneijder was also injured, RVN too, Pepe came from a 2 months rest and Ramos was on a red crad frenzy (he took 3 red cards in 5 games including CL). So RM lost vs Roma and every1 blamed Robinho for his poor perfomance that game (true nontheless). After that, Robinho have been swaping positions with Robben till the end of the season, the problem for the brazillian was that Robben, once he got well from his anckle injury, started performing better and better and even becoming star of the match sometimes (along with surprise Gago).

Is Robinho the real deal?? Depends.
If he get his facts straight, makes up his mind and start perfoming like this middle season?. Definetly YES. Fast, drags 2 players to defend him, got technique and dribbling, good shot and if he gets on fire, he starts scoring every match (iirc he scored like 6 games straight, not bad for a winger in a team with RVN) and solving games just by himself.
If he starts throwing the toys out of the pram because sum1 steals his place in the starting eleven?. Absolutly NO. The lad lost his "karma" once Robben started perfoming better and better, and thus lost his game and won a free ticket to the bench.

My opinion is that if the situation is like the last part of this season, Robben is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better than him as left winger. BUT, crazy as I am, I would play Robinho as 2nd striker alongside mighty Ruud, instead as a winger.

DISCLAIMER: if you dont like the above, blame Lethul for poiting this thread to me :p

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I read that the Chelsea owner was highly embarrassed because they lost in his home town.

Something tells me it may have been one of those 'spur of the emotional moment' decisions that they may come to regret.

Also Ferguson said he'll be backing down before he turns 70 - so 3 years or so max for him. I wonder who'll take over him?

I don't know why I think this, but my money is on Martin O'Neill to take over after SAF. And Bugz, please don't tell me you really do read the Daily Mail - I wouldn't use that apparent 'news'paper to wipe my arse. :puke:

These Thanet people, blimey :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom