Football Grant sacked!

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Chelsea's summer is going to be crazy! I foresee a hastily appointed manager and lots of silly sums of money being spent.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I feel bad for him, i think he's done a very admirable job, and given time he could of done great things but i'm also not suprised he's been sacked.

God i hope we don't appoint Rijkaard, i'd much rather keep Grant.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
too bad.

even tho chelsea didn't play brilliant footbal all the time, they did get pretty far. Hopefully hiddink will take over together with henk ten cate. That would be sweet :x

or koeman.. DUM DUM DUMMMMM

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Someone in the Chelsea camp was hinting on Mourinho (sp?) retaking the managers hat for Chelsea... that could be interesting :D

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Odds have been slashed from 20/1 to 8/1.

You never know these days, though as Cho said to me earlier it'd be all hugs and kisses to start with - but how long till it turns sour and Mourinho has to answer about speculation for his job week in week out?

The guy was sacked after 5 (i think?) premiership games into the season and a home draw in Europe, after winning 5 trophies in 3 years.

What hope does a new manager have coming in?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
He didn't last very long. How long was he in the job ? A few months ?

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Everybody knows he's done okay, came 2nd at nearly all competitions. I defy their next manager to do better.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The board will throw money at the problem until abramovich gets bored. He wasn't even there a full season and still got them second in the highest standard league in the world and 2nd in the champoins league. Ridiculous

Corran

Part of the furniture
wouldnt mind have being in grants position. 8 months, get your wage plus something like 5million quid for being fired!

Considering the chaos he took over he done pretty well, he may not had the media coverage mourinho had but he done a good job and done something that no other chelsea manager managed.

To be honest, half the problem probably is that he wasnt constantly in the media, meaning less coverage for chelsea, meaning they sulking as it not pushing the club image

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I read that the Chelsea owner was highly embarrassed because they lost in his home town.

Something tells me it may have been one of those 'spur of the emotional moment' decisions that they may come to regret.

Also Ferguson said he'll be backing down before he turns 70 - so 3 years or so max for him. I wonder who'll take over him?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
NOTW reporting Barcelona's manager or something is a hot fav.

Forgot the guy's name :x

tierk

Part of the furniture
The price of failure at Chelsea!!! Wonder which idiot going to take the job now that they know that if they lose half a game they on the slow boat to China.

Though i suppose every money grabbing gimp will take the job because of.......

8 months, get your wage plus something like 5million quid for being fired!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well,
altho feeling for grant,
one can understand how being Nr2 just isnt good enough
for a club with the level of ambition chelsea hold.

well, I have a gutt feeling they already have thier replacement and it wont be Fank, it's most likely Sven. otherwise they wouldnt have fired grant.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
It won't be Sven, part of the reason Mourinho/Grant are now gone is because the Russia Mafia wants to play football like Arsenal/Utd do.

Sven's tactics are crap, and will be no better than Grant.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Sven's tactics are crap

that would be your opinion of svens tactics
and that sounds more like a fan "subjective" responce than objective

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
so Chelsea will get a new manager this summer, 6 or so players will leave with the same amount coming in and then they will be expected to mount a challenge from that basis next season.

Its crazy.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
they're fucking stupid if they buy Robinho. They can get a messi clone for less money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom