Gran Tourismo 4

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
That's impressive. Very impressive.

Loved the way he caught the oversteer, could probably drive better than half the wanks on the roads.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
More impressed with the swiss string underwear linked on the page :)

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Bodhi said:
I've got a 360bhp Clio V6 with NOS.

Got one of them myself great racer for the money, but for even better bang for the buck

Get the Z350 Gran Tourismo Special modify it with a supercharger and its a joke car for the money only 36,000.

Do any good cars come out of winning the Beginner / Professional races? Just keep getting old cars / specials and the odd normal but low power car.

PS. Anyone know what happened to the Lotus Carlton? Thought this was available from the used car section?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
aye and the nifty foot work on the pedals.

btw wot under wear? when i click firefox asks if i want to dl it
or not

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
The Carlton is available from the early 90's used car section. But as you've probably figured out by now the used car section is updated every few days with different cars. There are rare cars and not so rare cars so if you see something special it may be worth snapping up.

I currently have about 15 cars only two of which I have tuned. These are a Mazda RX7 G-Limited and a Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R. I don't tune my cars beyond a power:weight ratio of 4.000 so the RX7 is around 270hp and the Skyline just over 300. I also don't use driving aids or ASM/TCS on any cars.

Too boring in previous GT's just to get some insane HP car and blaze away the competition.

As for the Force Feedback wheel comment, granted it's not a real car and never will be but the DFP is surprisingly good at what it does.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Ukle said:
Do any good cars come out of winning the Beginner / Professional races? Just keep getting old cars / specials and the odd normal but low power car.

You'll have to move into the Jap/American/Euro Championships to start getting any hardcore race-worthy cars.

Especially the Deutsch Touring Championship. Also, you can get some beauties in the Special Conditions races, most notably the Cadillac Cien.

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
I just got the Cadillac Cien which is about 740bhp as standard. I bought a mini ps2 yesterday with GT4. its great.

I did a few of the beginner races, managed to get myself an Evo and slowly do it up until it was good enough to...

...win the 2nd special event which is only 2 small races (Capri rally) and you get a toyota rally car worth 265,000.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
win the civic cup and get a old civic rally, sells for about 90000cr. if you tune a civic up you can win them easy on b-spec in 15 mins or so

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, look at us cheaters. My option gets you 3 times that cash and it only takes 10 mins max

nath

Fledgling Freddie
So is it true that on the PAL version it's stuck on KM/h and you can't flick it to MPH?

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
nath said:
So is it true that on the PAL version it's stuck on KM/h and you can't flick it to MPH?
nope, mine was set to MPH and i put it on KM/H.
Down with imperial crap !!! :flame:

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Fastest way to make the ching:

Enter the Deutsch tournament with your Audi TT Race Car, which you won from the Legend of Silver Arrows race. Then once you've won that (B-Spec'd of course, and set the race time to *3), sell the car you win (AMG Merc CLK-GTR Race Car) for a handsome 750,000 odd credits. In total, you should make around 900,000 credits in around 8 minutes. :)

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Check this crazy fucker out.

4.54 at the Nurburgring? Best I've managed is about 6.35 (In a touring car, mind you).

S'pose that's the gauntlet for anyone who thinks they're good. :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Fuck. Fastest I've managed so far is 8 minutes 4 secs in me Clio. Even that was pretty sketchy, with lots of lurid fishtailing action. I'm hooked tho. I don't want to do any of the races just yet and make money, I just want to conquer the Nurburgring. It's the best race track ever.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
The Ring is indeed amazing. There are a couple of license tests which involve doing full laps so you should check those out. :p

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
Hes in an F1 car doing up to about 350km/h by the look of it hence the ridiculous time.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
There are some crazily fast GT players on the net.

Don't forget to gold all your licenses!

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
Skyler said:
There are some crazily fast GT players on the net.

Don't forget to gold all your licenses!

Licenses are evil, i managed to get bronze in all of them and that will do me.

i would rather be stabbed in the eye than try and get silver or gold

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Panda On Smack said:
Licenses are evil, i managed to get bronze in all of them and that will do me.

i would rather be stabbed in the eye than try and get silver or gold
I feel your pain, I can win 150A-spec point races but getting better then bronze on a Licenses seems a distant dream

Yaka

Part of the furniture
anyone wana try the mp mode via tunneling proggies?

and the nurimburg vid aint werking for me:/

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Just practice to get the golds guys. I can't even Gold most of the licenses on GT4 atm and I've golded almost every license in all previous GT games.

Just practice and try hard, it will teach you how to drive better eventually.

They are hard on the DFP though :(

Embattle

FH is my second home
I nearly got this but with any damage modelling I won't get it, also heard the AI was questionable.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
It's a Driving Simulator...

Doesn't say anything about crashing... the penalties you receive for making mistakes are usually enough to warrant you not making them. If you need damage to physically stop you bashing into walls then you shouldn't be playing this sort of game.

The AI is not great, so? If you don't overtune your cars and pick decent matches you can have great races against them as usual. I've enjoyed all the races so far, most of which have not been easy despite the AI not being great.

Everything else is brilliant. It's worth the money just to drive the nordschleife.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Embattle said:
I nearly got this but with any damage modelling I won't get it, also heard the AI was questionable.

That should say without, and yes I know it's a so called Driving Simulator but for me it still don't change the fact I hate not having any visible or actual damage.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh any self respecting driving game fan uses the bumper view so you can't see the damage to your car anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom