Phones GPS ping?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Is it possible to ping the GPS on a phone? Just to get a general location. If so what details do you need? Do you need the GPS details of the phone or will the number do?

Athan

Resident Freddy
You'd need an app on the phone that uses the GPS periodically to grab the location and then upload it to a server somewhere. There's no such thing as 'GPS details' of a phone, and the phone number alone isn't going to help (unless you're the phone service provider in which case you can use it to tell what tower(s) the phone is talking to and thus approx. location).

Access Denied

Actually I want to know if she's telling the truth about where she'll be in a few weeks. Long story.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If it's an Android device it'll likely record her every move by default

soze

I am a FH squatter
There are plenty of Track my Phone style apps on Android but you have to install then explain if she finds them. On Apple Find my Phone will do it for you too you have to turn it on and you need the password for the iCloud account.

Access Denied

She's got a Samsung Galaxy S2. So Android. Looks like Mystic has the solution for me there. Just need to find out her account name.

Access Denied

It's too fucking long to type! And I can't condense it properly.

Poag

m00?
Google location services does all that shit, all someone has to do is leave their google account logged in and you can simply go to https://maps.google.com/locationhistory
This needs to be turned on, on the device aswell. Go settings, location, Google Location settings....Both things need to be turned on.

The history one isn't on by default. If they ask why, its so you can track the device using google android manager if its stolen. The realtime reporting is done through a security setting....but if the device is off GAM will use the location history for the last known position.

Poag

m00?
Trust or dump, you are taking the pathetic stalker approach.
This.

I've been down the road your travelling on myself. And did the same thing, i wish i had not and had just left. It would have saved a lot of pain when i did leave, as i actually knew rather than suspected.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Trust or dump, you are taking the pathetic stalker approach.

Can't agree strongly enough.

Grow a pair m8. Seriously. Take stock of your life - if you feel that you need to go to those lengths to check on your partner you definitely shouldn't be in a relationship with her in the first place.

If you can't bear to trust her the problem is yours. You need to focus on building up your own self-esteem - and that's probably best done alone.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Maybe he suspects her of hijacking Malaysia Airlines flight MH370. In which case he's maybe on the verge of becoming a globally renowned hero....

Or a weird stalking nutjob.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Dafuq is going on in here? Tracking your missus with a phone? That's some crazy ass stalker shit going on.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have been talking about this in work and a guy there caught his ex cheating when he dropped his phone in the car. She went to her Mums which happened to be outside her bosses house for two hours instead. There is nothing potentially illegal about tracking your own phone.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There is nothing potentially illegal about tracking your own phone.

Nope. But if you don't trust your missus have it out with her, don't sneak about behind her back like a coward.

leggy

Probably Scottish
The green eyed monster makes us all a bit crazy but I think at this stage it's time to have it out with her.

This kind of behaviour only eats you up inside even more.

leggy

Probably Scottish
In that case... let's all get together and buy him an ultra tiny GPS tracker. Let's get the bitch!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He was gathering proof for his divorce.

Fair enough - but that's not what @Access Denied is doing eh? He's not married and alluded to the fact that he didn't trust his missus a few months back.

Access old bean - seriously - get out of this. You're clearly not happy, so leave...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom