Gov buy back price!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I saw so many artis jump in price it made me laff, hoping they were stupid enough to pay twice what the NPCs were offering back, serves em right lol.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Libertine said:
Gov buy back price 1.8 p .. scalars 150g ....

Goddammit that was my nest egg, 19p a pop on US servers ive been slowly running out of cash for weeks now. Waiting to trade in my govs.

Now i cant even go farm some mad tales 3/3 to keep me going in rvr. 200 gold to my name ..

whine etc

giv plats and pl

kekeke nas

you took a gamble and lost, you thought you could get more money from goa then a player. Your pissed off because you cant farm artis and scrolls now and sell them at inflated prices.

try trinketing seals if you need money...

:m00:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
In the US, I believe a lot of scroll prices stayed fairly high.

After all, supply increases (more drop), but so will demand (people like me will go for arties on 6-8 characters rather than 1-2, and consider putting GoV on most of them!). It'll be a long while before a full book of GoV is worth less than a few plat.

So, I suggest again, swap it for a full book, and put it on for a reasonable price. I'll be very surprised if you can't sell it for twice (or more) what the merchants will give you for the artifact, and you're helping people get the artifacts they want.

Darzil

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Think you will find that there are people out there like me that will ignore CM's completely and just go farm with one toon and scroll farm for personal use, so only to the lazy you will sell and they (scrolls) will sit there for a very long time and probably stay there. Basically you are giving hope to a lost cause, any one with any sense will go out there and farm what they need now which is a good thing for the benefit of the majority. Like people have said, you have had your plats, be happy.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Imgormiel said:
Think you will find that there are people out there like me that will ignore CM's completely and just go farm with one toon and scroll farm for personal use, so only to the lazy you will sell and they (scrolls) will sit there for a very long time and probably stay there. Basically you are giving hope to a lost cause, any one with any sense will go out there and farm what they need now which is a good thing for the benefit of the majority. Like people have said, you have had your plats, be happy.

Yes, and there are others who'll sell a drop for 10 plat, or will sell a respec stone for 4 plat (having attended a dragon raid, and not needing it themselves), or whatever. These people may feel like just buying stuff, if it's 1-4 plat, rather than 10+ plat as stuff like GoV has been. Almost everything in the game can be farmed, not everyone wants to do it, that's why the big prices can exist.

If you want to sell stuff, just price it at a level just below the competition, and then drop the price til it sells. It works for me. I guess maybe the best option is to not convert them to scrolls, and that way the artifact will still be worth a few gold to the merchant. In that case you lose a bit of time, but have the chance to sell for reasonable money.

Darzil

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
you gambled on a market that was going to have a big shake up - you lost.

get over it - if you had horded shares in some firm expecting them to suddenly jump up, and instead the arse fell out the market, would you be whining to the Stock Exchange that you want repaying?

Nope - dude, i hate to be the one to say it but, the arse fell out of your market. It's harsh but it happens in life all the time. Get over it, get back on your horse, back in the saddle, get back on the bike and hundreds of other euphamisms for it...

chin up, happy days, etc, etc... :m00:

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
I looked on the MEs in Hibernia on Tuesday to see if there were any MS or GOV artifacts for sale. Obviously I wanted the artifact to trade in for the full book.

Now in Albion, MS in particular has been on CMs for 500G or less for the last 3-4 months; however greed obviously took over because the general MS artifact price in Hibernia was 40-100 Plat, and GoV was 40-110 Plat! Blatant opportunisim :(

Madonion

Fledgling Freddie
I think it is fantasic that all these people are being stung for basically hording artifacts with the intent of getting rich off them.

Hand unused artifacts in for books and sell the books for a decent price help your realm by making it easier for casual players or not so well off players getting decent equipment.

Salute to who ever idea at Mythic it was for this :worthy:

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Darzil said:
Yes, and there are others who'll sell a drop for 10 plat, or will sell a respec stone for 4 plat (having attended a dragon raid, and not needing it themselves), or whatever. These people may feel like just buying stuff, if it's 1-4 plat, rather than 10+ plat as stuff like GoV has been. Almost everything in the game can be farmed, not everyone wants to do it, that's why the big prices can exist.

If you want to sell stuff, just price it at a level just below the competition, and then drop the price til it sells. It works for me. I guess maybe the best option is to not convert them to scrolls, and that way the artifact will still be worth a few gold to the merchant. In that case you lose a bit of time, but have the chance to sell for reasonable money.

Darzil

There's always one that holds on to the embers of the past, sheesh. Dood, it's gone. The old SI economy has returned and three cheers to that. DF might actually get some life again for rvr and pve - think positive not negative.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Imgormiel said:
There's always one that holds on to the embers of the past, sheesh. Dood, it's gone. The old SI economy has returned and three cheers to that. DF might actually get some life again for rvr and pve - think positive not negative.

I am thinking positive - I'm a low pricer that doesn't farm - I just don't hold on to stuff I don't need, I sell it to others (or give it to friends). And if I'm missing a scroll, I want the OPTION to buy it, rather than HAVE to farm. Hence why I'd rather have an Artifact (which is basically a full book now), sold on a CM, rather than sold to a merchant.

The SI economy isn't coming back - there is too much money in the system. I'd love the days of people wanting 99% armour rather than MP, so LGM crafting is fun again (I have 4).

DF will get traffic for it's new drops, not for it's seals. Why farm for seals when rare drops in Atlantis will sell for loads. If people aren't buying scrolls, the people with lots of money will spend more on drops. Hell, I saw director kobil rings for 4-10 plat on the merchants, and he's a (hard) yellow (with friends), which can apparently be happily duoed my many class combinations (including character+buffbot - that's duo).

Darzil

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
I'd love the days of people wanting 99% armour rather than MP, so LGM crafting is fun again (I have 4).

It was fun?!

I don't recall these days.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
It was fun?!

I don't recall these days.

I remember sitting in Caer Diogel, with lots of other crafters. Occasional Mp orders, mostly 99%. Between talking to new customers, tailors to make linings, and so on, I spent almost exactly as much time talking to other players as making the armour. There was a steady flow of orders, and I could craft as long as I wanted on them.

Now it's get order for 2-3 MP pieces in a couple of minutes, craft them over 1-3 hours with a tailor-bot (cos there aren't on-demand tailors any more), and then exchange them with the customer in another couple of minutes.

It'll not return as long as people want MPs rather than 99%.

Darzil

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Darzil said:
I am thinking positive - I'm a low pricer that doesn't farm - I just don't hold on to stuff I don't need, I sell it to others (or give it to friends). And if I'm missing a scroll, I want the OPTION to buy it, rather than HAVE to farm. Hence why I'd rather have an Artifact (which is basically a full book now), sold on a CM, rather than sold to a merchant.

The SI economy isn't coming back - there is too much money in the system. I'd love the days of people wanting 99% armour rather than MP, so LGM crafting is fun again (I have 4).

DF will get traffic for it's new drops, not for it's seals. Why farm for seals when rare drops in Atlantis will sell for loads. If people aren't buying scrolls, the people with lots of money will spend more on drops. Hell, I saw director kobil rings for 4-10 plat on the merchants, and he's a (hard) yellow (with friends), which can apparently be happily duoed my many class combinations (including character+buffbot - that's duo).

Darzil

I happen to want 99 qual armor (Don't need to ask for it though as I have lgm tailor and armorer ;p) on most of my low rr toons, no point in MP if you can't get the full use of it, sure extra imbue points, but it sure as hell don't prove to be the ultimate as you can still get owned by a zerg of level 20's (as proved many times on camlann) and peeps of lower level than you. You are shouting the cause for the lazy, that doesn't mean everyone else should be, you play as you wish and the right of option to be lazy is yours. But don't preach it to others. And you are wishful in thinking that the old economy isn't back - it is, peeps need a sustainable way of gaining those nice drops with 'other options' ie crafting and ofc farming darkness falls among other options for farming stuff to get the items they want/need. Furthermore it will be proved more so when the improvements to crafting come along :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Imgormiel said:
I happen to want 99 qual armor (Don't need to ask for it though as I have lgm tailor and armorer ;p) on most of my low rr toons, no point in MP if you can't get the full use of it, sure extra imbue points, but it sure as hell don't prove to be the ultimate as you can still get owned by a zerg of level 20's (as proved many times on camlann) and peeps of lower level than you. You are shouting the cause for the lazy, that doesn't mean everyone else should be, you play as you wish and the right of option to be lazy is yours. But don't preach it to others. And you are wishful in thinking that the old economy isn't back - it is, peeps need a sustainable way of gaining those nice drops with 'other options' ie crafting and ofc farming darkness falls among other options for farming stuff to get the items they want/need. Furthermore it will be proved more so when the improvements to crafting come along :)

I use 99% myself, agree with you entirely. I suspect many LGM's do, as we know how long it takes.

How can the old economy be back? There is too much money in the game.

We're in a new economy, and I don't know what it'll be like. I know what it was on most US servers, from reading their boards, but our servers are never exactly the same. (A perfect example, due to regular dragon raids, respec prices on Prydwen have always been 1/4-1/5 price of many US Servers)

On most US Servers, scroll prices dropped a bit, but not as much as people expected. Some (eg Eryins Charm) went up (artifact used to be the constraining factor), others went down, some stayed around where they were. No idea what'll happen here. All scrolls dropping to 10 gold within weeks seems unlikely though.

I do know that if people like the OP sell their artifacts to the merchants rather than on the CM, the prices will fall slower (less supply) than if they sell on the CM. Hence why I want him to sell there, and keep the prices low !

I don't want everyone to be lazy, i'm not claiming people have no sense if they farm. You are saying they have no sense if they have money and spend it !

I'll believe in crafting changes when I see them. They've been horribly absent from patches so far. At this point, the only thing that'll make crafting fun is for it not to be a time/money sink, and that's a bit of a large change in direction.

Darzil

Beovulf

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
On most US Servers, scroll prices dropped a bit, but not as much as people expected. Some (eg Eryins Charm) went up (artifact used to be the constraining factor), others went down, some stayed around where they were. No idea what'll happen here. All scrolls dropping to 10 gold within weeks seems unlikely though.

Well people like me can hope :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom