Google Video (a.k.a. The Video Thread!)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think it's a bit pap tbfh.

An appeal to that intangible "cool". But it didn't make me smile like the Aston Martin one.

Plus - I don't know why a lot of people are posting superbowl ads - the FA cup final is a bigger show. ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You mean the Jaguar one. That worked well then...

Lol. Yeah, I thought Jag but for some reason typed Aston.

Should have been an aston advert anyway. Jag would like to position themselves as the british car of choice, but they're just poor folk chasing the astons nowadays.

Either way, nicer advert to watch. Not commenting on effectiveness tho - who knows eh?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Lol. Yeah, I thought Jag but for some reason typed Aston.

Should have been an aston advert anyway. Jag would like to position themselves as the british car of choice, but they're just poor folk chasing the astons nowadays.

Either way, nicer advert to watch. Not commenting on effectiveness tho - who knows eh?

They're really not. Aston is struggling with ageing platforms and lack of cash, although they've just done a tie up with AMG (Mercedes) for powertrains. Jag on the other hand are starting to go places; their parent company has deep pockets, their range is starting to look credible against Ze Germans (especially when they bring out the 3-series fighter next year), the F-Type is fucking gorgeous (especially the coupe), and thanks to sharing with Land Rover (which is just insanely successful at the moment), Jags have a lot of "showroom credibility". Where they compete directly with Aston, the Jag is the better car in pretty much every way; I had a look at coupe in the airport the other day and its just...stunning.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm advised it's 600~700 euros a month running costs. Two for sale near me between 114 and 132K.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
You are actually thinking of investing in one of those?

I'd love to own one. I very likely never will. i'm actually selling my GT because I drive like once every two months :-/

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I'd love to own one. I very likely never will. i'm actually selling my GT because I drive like once every two months :-/

Get a Nissan GT-R instead. Really thinking of getting one.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's featured on the BBC news site - apparently the local cops are taking an interest...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom