Google Video (a.k.a. The Video Thread!)

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Clown, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Nate

Nate FH is my second home

What the fuck was that

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

3. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

4. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

5. Tom

Tom FH is my second home

6. Edmond

Edmond Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr Moderator

Once again @Tom you have excelled yourself

7. Scouse

8. MYstIC G

• Like Like x 4
  9. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

I like the Maserati Ghibli one as well...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Scouse

I think it's a bit pap tbfh.

An appeal to that intangible "cool". But it didn't make me smile like the Aston Martin one.

Plus - I don't know why a lot of people are posting superbowl ads - the FA cup final is a bigger show. ;)

11. DaGaffer

You mean the Jaguar one. That worked well then...

12. Scouse

Lol. Yeah, I thought Jag but for some reason typed Aston.

Should have been an aston advert anyway. Jag would like to position themselves as the british car of choice, but they're just poor folk chasing the astons nowadays.

Either way, nicer advert to watch. Not commenting on effectiveness tho - who knows eh?

13. DaGaffer

They're really not. Aston is struggling with ageing platforms and lack of cash, although they've just done a tie up with AMG (Mercedes) for powertrains. Jag on the other hand are starting to go places; their parent company has deep pockets, their range is starting to look credible against Ze Germans (especially when they bring out the 3-series fighter next year), the F-Type is fucking gorgeous (especially the coupe), and thanks to sharing with Land Rover (which is just insanely successful at the moment), Jags have a lot of "showroom credibility". Where they compete directly with Aston, the Jag is the better car in pretty much every way; I had a look at coupe in the airport the other day and its just...stunning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TdC

TdC Trem's hunky sex love muffin Staff member Moderator

15. TdC

I'm advised it's 600~700 euros a month running costs. Two for sale near me between 114 and 132K.

16. fettoken

fettoken I am a FH squatter

You are actually thinking of investing in one of those?

17. Mabs

Mabs J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

18. TdC

I'd love to own one. I very likely never will. i'm actually selling my GT because I drive like once every two months :-/

19. fettoken

Get a Nissan GT-R instead. Really thinking of getting one.

20. MYstIC G

21. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

22. TdC

sux2bu m8

23. fettoken

24. fettoken

Importing/exporting m8

25. Mabs

Mabs J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  26. MYstIC G

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  27. MYstIC G

• Like Like x 2
  28. Tom

Tom FH is my second home

29. DaGaffer

The first two minutes I'm watching it thinking "he seems to be riding pretty well to me" then I realised it wasn't about the guy in front. I bet the poor bastard coming the other way shat himself.

30. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

It's featured on the BBC news site - apparently the local cops are taking an interest...