Advice Google Takeout

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
This may seem really stupid to some of you but while browsing for a way to transfer all of my photos from Google to Flickr without downloading them to my PC first (you can't by the way) I came across a Google feature that I didn't know existed, it basically puts all your stuff from Google into a .zip and downloads it to your poota. Pretty handy really.

Anyway for those that didn't know - https://www.google.com/takeout/?pli=1

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'd like a programme that scans my HD and any photo service I use (Flickr, Google Drive, etc), looking for duplicates and giving me the option to delete them. I've got shit all over the place.

Trem

I'd like a programme that scans my HD and any photo service I use (Flickr, Google Drive, etc), looking for duplicates and giving me the option to delete them. I've got shit all over the place.

It is all sort of connected to what I was trying to do @Tom. I fucking hate how Google displays your pics online and how fucking messy it is, then I got an email saying my plan was going to be cancelled because I hadn't updated my card details, fine by me I thought. So after using this Takeout I then had to go through every single one of them and delete every single duplicate that Google had made because it *edites* every picture it uploads. I then got a batch renamer which doesn't do what I want.

So today I will search for something that surely must be out there, something that scans for files that are identical and tells you and shows you, bloody explorer does if you try and move same name stuff into a folder. I have a massive fear of losing my pictures so I need them all together in as many places, safe.

Edit - Flickr is fucking brilliant though, they have got it spot on as far as I'm concerned and 1tb free space!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I can't stand Flickr now. Everything has an icon. I'm sick of it, why does every service expect me to learn what their icons mean? It knows I'm English, just show me English buttons ffs.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Flickr is aids. They're giving away free space in a "don't leave me" sort of way.

Trem

Where else is there that is cheap and not as god awful as Google then? Any reason why you think Flickr is aids? I like it so far.

old.user4556

I suppose I'm being a bit harsh Tremlar, Flickr will do the job just fine if you're just hosting photos on it. My issue is that Yahoo have failed to invest in it and it's being eroded into the ground by other hosting sites and indeed social media.They made a cock up of the Getty image licensing (which no longer exists) and the much needed redesign is just all over the fucking shop. Even Fluidr does a better job of presenting Flickr streams (for example, here's Milou's - http://www.fluidr.com/photos/milouvision ). The community also pisses me off, people only comment (or spam comment) to get views onto their own page which has then fuelled sycophantic behaviour. I don't have the time to spend hours pouring over people's pictures just to get people to look at mine. I'm not that bothered, but I'm bored of "wow, great composition, well exposed, lovely shot!".

Trem

Ok mate cheers for that. I guess from your point of view, where you take it seriously and take some lovely pictures it does matter but I was just impressed by the layout and all the free space :D So I suppose to that end their plan worked. Also, I just really hate how Google shows your pictures :eek:

leggy

Probably Scottish
I do love that Fluidr site.

Great exposure. good work.....

old.user4556

500px is also worth a look, but you don't get a lot for free. Much nicer interface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom