Google Earth Pro

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
What does it do and is it really worth £200 a year?

Clown

Part of the furniture
Have you tried to use a search engine to find out what it may be?

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
A what engine? No, I hadn't thought of that.

Chilly

Balls of steel
it offers garmin gps integration. you plug the garmin in, google sucks the data out and plots it onto a sexy google map. there are obviously other benefits - but gps integration is the best I think. Personally, considering how nice the integration is, for professional usage its easily worth the £200. I bet you get some other cool perks too

/edit - its not jsut garmin, but I have a gamrin gps so thats what I know :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
So I can tell you anything then...
Google is so rich they have bought the earth. If you pay the £200 licence, you earn the right not to be called a lazy **** when you don't search for things yourself.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
it offers garmin gps integration. you plug the garmin in, google sucks the data out and plots it onto a sexy google map. there are obviously other benefits - but gps integration is the best I think. Personally, considering how nice the integration is, for professional usage its easily worth the £200. I bet you get some other cool perks too

/edit - its not jsut garmin, but I have a gamrin gps so thats what I know :)
My friend installed it by accident instead of the normal one and I just clicked buy out of curiosity to see how much it was, thinking it might be like £50 or something, so we were quite shocked to see that it was £200 per year.

I assumed it might have enhanced images, better than the ones on ordinary google maps, but wondered who would use it and what for, and if anyone on here had tried it themselves through their work or whatever.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
The wikipedia entry, suggests that businesses could use it as a GIS to store information about things. I know that energy companies use GIS to store locations of things and patch areas etc.. so it can be used to display that sort of information.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks, it doesn't sound like there'd be a lot of use in it for my friend who's just sat at home occasionally tinkering with his free bt internet site.

I don't really know what I'd use it for either, the closest I've come to anything remotely like that is similar to the "Where we live" thing we have on Freddy's, only where members stick pins in where they live themselves by getting the grid ref from Google maps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom