Advice Google drive

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
anyone use it?

Is it any good? Want to store pictures somewhere safer after my nas issues wondered if that's best or another service?

Syri

FH is my second home
I use it for a few things, mostly for my uni work so that I could keep things synchronised at home and at uni, and I use it for my writing, again for synchronisation, and for keeping notes on the go. It works fine for that, never been unable to access my data so far. I couldn't comment on security though, if that's the safety you're on about, but if it's just the reliability, not had cause to question it so far. Only downside is that the free space available isn't great, but for my needs, it's more than enough.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I use it for a few things, mostly for my uni work so that I could keep things synchronised at home and at uni, and I use it for my writing, again for synchronisation, and for keeping notes on the go. It works fine for that, never been unable to access my data so far. I couldn't comment on security though, if that's the safety you're on about, but if it's just the reliability, not had cause to question it so far. Only downside is that the free space available isn't great, but for my needs, it's more than enough.
Seems I can get 15 gb for free which would be enough currently for my photo collection. Just debating to use or not. More of an off site backup than anything else

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I use it for all kinds of shit. Whatever dudes :p

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Don't trust it as your sole backup as well, it's easy and cheap to buy a couple of USB sticks (especially for something "small" like photos) and keep local backups too.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Don't trust it as your sole backup as well, it's easy and cheap to buy a couple of USB sticks (especially for something "small" like photos) and keep local backups too.

Oh fuck, I agree with Cally :( do what he says and actually just get a few online accounts I guess, Skydrive (or whatever the fuck it's called today), Flickr, Google then get the auto upload app for each of them so each time you take a pic on your phone it syncs to each of the accounts.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I did ponder such services for photo, docs, etc backup off my Synology NAS but just decided to use a portable 2TB drive instead which I can use periodically and then store in a fire box.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I pay Google £10 a month for 1TB cloud storage for photos, have about 400GB of RAWs, TIFFs and JPGs.

It's fine, does exactly what I need it to. £120 a year might be excessive for some, but I need an off-site backup for something that's irreplaceable.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I'm currently using CrashPlan, mainly because of Linux support that I needed. I've also used Carbonite in the past, and tbh preferred it, app was a bit "lighter" and a little tick next to all backed up files. Both have free trials so you could try them. Unlimited storage and they back up everything. Or, you can choose what to backup. I'm not using Ubuntu on my main PC anymore and will be swapping back to Carbonite when I can be arsed.
I took a view a few years ago that our pics, videos etc were THE most precious possession we have. I scanned all of our old prints, converted all of our videos and now the lot are backed up locally and on the cloud.
They are both about £30/£40, it's a no brainer for me. Android apps for both too.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Yay Yuck! Where you been you miserable old tart? Hope you're good chum.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I use crashplan too for around $60 a year.
Excellent service and I forget that it's there.

They also email you if it's not backed up anything after a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom