Help Google Chrome 'skipping' pages in history?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm reasonably new to Chrome, but it has a strange habit that's starting to piss me off - I'm thinking i've got a setting set wrong somewhere, or I'm simply doing it wrong.

If I have a tab open (lets say, BBC news) and then type in the address bar to go to Google and then search for something (in this case it was "canon lens hire"), it brings up a list of results. I then click on one of the links in my search results to go into a page. I then decide "hmm, this page isn't for me" and hit "back" - instead of taking me to my Google search results, it takes me to the BBC news page that I was originally on in that tab?!

The only way to go to my Google search results page is to actually go back to google and search again, fecking irritating.

Nate

FH is my second home
You didn't go to google and just clicked a link in the search bar? It wouldn't be a page in history because it was just a drop down click.

If you want to stop it from happening click the top one of your drop down results which will lead you to google search. It means you have to click again for what you're looking for but you get to go back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom