Motoring Google Car

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
They arw a billion miles from being useable...the testing has been quiet out of town roads and even then it doesnt take much to confuse the software...the in town testing is taking place and it will send them straight back to the drawing board

I'll be impressed when a self driving car can make it through Paris or Milan unscathed. Until then I'll consider them interesting, but ultimately useless.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've been cycling my entire life Bodhi. If you don't like simple truths, if you think that pointing them out is condescending, fine. Some people don't like to learn facts.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Here's an idea Tom, start a cycling thread...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
/bomb

there are some excellent cycle paths.....No fuckers uses them though they would much rather play dodge the articulated lorry

Which is basically cyclists following the Department of Transport advice - that you're not supposed to use cycle paths if you intend to go faster than 15mph - and you should use the road instead.

I.E. The vast majority of road cyclists.

On the other hand, I think @Tom's a bit mad for cycling on tarmac as I avoid it like the plague because one in ten car drivers is a giant knuckle-dragging cunt. But each to their own. At least he'll most likely outlive us all :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
/bomb

Which is basically cyclists following the Department of Transport advice - that you're not supposed to use cycle paths if you intend to go faster than 15mph - and you should use the road instead.

I.E. The vast majority of road cyclists.

Its common sense. If there are loads of articulated lorries charging about you don't hang out in their blind spot, regardless of how much lycra you are wearing. Its an industrial estate, not a country road.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its common sense. If there are loads of articulated lorries charging about you don't hang out in their blind spot, regardless of how much lycra you are wearing. Its an industrial estate, not a country road.

It's not common sense. The articulated lorries have a responsibility to share the road with other road users. As much as I hate road cycling I'm also aware that others don't share my aversion and they shouldn't be looked down on for it.

Cycling above 15mph is for the road. Clearly (if you're a cyclist at any rate). And "officially" too - according to our DoT, so your "common sense" argument doesn't come into it.

Cycle paths are simply not up to the job of long uninterrupted journeys, they're tiring, generally badly maintained and more importantly most likely dangerous at speed (15mph, remember?).

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It's not common sense. The articulated lorries have a responsibility to share the road with other road users. As much as I hate road cycling I'm also aware that others don't share my aversion and they shouldn't be looked down on for it.

Cycling above 15mph is for the road. Clearly. And "officially" too - according to our DoT, so your "common sense" argument doesn't come into it.

death > "responsibility"

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Get back on topic ffs

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
death > "responsibility"

99.99% of road cyclists live long healthy lives.

They don't live lives free from antagonism by self-entitled car and lorry driving cunts tho.

Get back on topic ffs

Why? Everything that can be said for self-driving cars has been said. We'd like to see them, some of us would like to be able to take control, some of us would lament the loss of freedom of simply driving ourselves, but in general they could potentially save lives and make long commutes a pleasure, not a chore...

Job done :D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sea temperatures have risen as the number of pirates has fallen.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sea temperatures have risen as the number of pirates has fallen.

I thought that piracy was more rife now than at any point in history? Therefore pirates are responsible for global sea warming?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Because some of us have thread subscriptions for a thread about the Google car that you dicks keep posting other bullshit in, it's boring and unnecessary

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
No, the internet says so.

139092366_ce5b410228_o.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So yeah. Google cars. Terrible idea. Unless they are free.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
that car's ugly as fuck though. that said it's prolly very efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom